Thread: Can't Sleep When Hungry page

Bosnic is offline Senior Member

Can't Sleep When Hungry

Shop Now
    I seem to not be able to sleep when I'm hungry, which causes me to have a meal 1-2 hours before bed. In the mornings, I tend to eat breakfast an hour after waking up.

Is anyone else not able to fall asleep hungry? Something about it doesn't feel right.

Chrish2891 is offline Member
    I have that problem. Usually a handful of nuts or nut butter takes care of it and I sleep fine.

rockstareddy is offline Senior Member
    I dont think anyone really likes to go to bed hungry. Most people find skipping earlier meals easier.
    www.healthfreakrevolution.com

No more diets. No more stress. Health made easy. Living made incredible.

jo
    jo is offline Senior Member
    I wouldn't be able to sleep if I was hungry either, that's why I have a proper dinner. If you are eating enough for your evening meal you shouldn't really be hungry. Having said that, I see no problem with a snack. In the wild you would probably be going to bed shortly after dusk.

smithj is offline Junior Member
    ..Same here. Crazy thing is: It happens when I'm just about to sleep - after lying down with all lights off. But a single cookie seem to stop my tummy from screaming at me. I avoid having more than a cookie.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Yes. On CW I always tried to eat my last meal 2-3 hours before bed, and routinely ran out of calories, so my dinner was light (like 300-400 cals), so every time I managed to keep myself from sticking to the plan, I would wake up at 2 am ravenous, and have to fight the hunger till I could fall asleep for an hour or so. I think I cried a few times, i was so hungry. Then I had to get up in another hour... Horrible. Now I follow a predator's rhythm: eat a significant meal right before going to bed, curl around my full warm belly and sleep comfy like a baby.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Hedonist2 is offline Senior Member
    I always have a snack before bed (despite having had a dinner high in fat and protein). It may be partially emotional. Whatever. I do it. Often pork rinds with butter and a bit of nut butter (ok, usually peanut butter). Sometimes a glass of milk (minimally pasteurized, non-homogenized, local, whole, from reusable glass bottles).
    Ancestral Health Info - My blog about Primal and the general ancestral health movement. Site just remodeled using HTML5/CSS3 instead of Wordpress.

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    I used to get up and get a snack at night etc but no longer do. Sounds like you have a blood sugar issue. You need to learn to cope with hunger and not always give in to it- eventually you may gain weight from doing so or will develop some other health problem.
    Learn the difference between true and false hunger:
    The Fast - 5 Diet and the Fast - 5 Lifestyle - Free PDF Ebooks Files @AcrobatPlanet.Com

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    Eat a bigger dinner. Eat more meat for dinner.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 170 x 3. Current Deadlift: 220 x 3