Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pete's Primal Scream page

PeteA is offline Junior Member

Pete's Primal Scream

Started the day with some strength exercises and practicing with my re curve bow, had a 2 egg omelet with chia seeds, broccoli, mushrooms 7 cheese with a side of sausage. Lunch was a chef salad with ham and boiled eggs. Went by a state park on the way home and had a 3 mile barefoot run in the woods. Dinner consisted of grilled blue gill fish I had caught Sunday evening, Stinging nettle pesto from nettles gathered in the back field, organic tomatoes and faux mashed potatoes made from blended cauliflower. Good day.
    Been workin into primal for about six weeks. hitting a few bumps, but all in all it is going good. Weight isn't really going down fast (cause I tried to justify beer within the 80% rule), but energy is top notch, sleep is way better. Other than the beer, I have stopped all grains, dairy, coffee, sodas, (used to kill 2 pots of coffee a day plus diet mountain dews). Still put a little salad dressing on my salads. Dark chocolate rocks! Red wine sucks.
    Looking Forward to tomorrow. Having Fun.

IrishYeti is offline Member
    I enjoyed your post, Pete. Definitely with you on the red wine statement and beer is definitely a kicker, but I let that be my "indulgence". I can stay away from everything else if I could have atleast a beer or two every week. I'll be keeping up with your posts, you definitely seem to be an interesting character. I'm not really consistent myself but my biggest weakness is smoking and trying to make things work with my family of five children, a wife and a dog!

Thanks for the reply. Yea, it is hard to balance the family responsibilities with taking care of your self, but we got to do it - otherwise we will go nose down and not be able to take care of anything. Fortunately, My wife is pretty much on board with me on this adventure. Extended family..well that is another question. We both come from "southern families", and food is the centerpiece of any event.
    I don't see beer totally leaving my life anytime soon. I'm not even sure if a BBQ grill will work without beer.
    Today is a fasting day. I did one a couple of weeks ago without much problem, but I had the flu at the time and didn't want anything anyway, so I took advantage of the situation. We will see how it goes today.
    Good luck with the smoking. I never smoked, but did copenhagen from age 14 to 39. So far It looks like I evaded any type of cancer, but my dentist still studies the spot on my lower gum where the dip stayed.
    Grock On!!!

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    Sounds good. Too bad about the wine isn't it.

Today's fast went good. From 8pm till 8pm. I did feel stomach hunger hunger pangs throughout the day, but it was very manageable. Did abt a 1 mile walk during lunch break. The most interesting part was when I got home at 630, I wanted to go for a quick 12 mile bike ride. I was concerned how I would do, having not eaten since yesterday. Would I completely bonk? Didn't happen. took my steel touring bike out had a great ride. so much for that need to "carbo load" prior to exercising. Understand, I wasn't "putting the hammer down" by any means, but I held 16 mph for the duration on my 26 " LHT, had a fun ride, and never felt out of gas. This stuff works.. I was also surprised how little of food it took to quench my hunger tonight. Life is great.

Well, I made it through Easter weekend and TWO extended family dinners relatively unscathed. Got a good trail run in on Friday evening (mostly barefoot) as well as a couple of hours of kayak fishing Saturday morning. I left out with the yak around 6am and skipped breakfast. It might be my personal belief engine running wide open, but I seemed more "in tune"with nature and fishing with an empty stomach and being a little hungry.
    Didn't get much exercise on Sunday, but did get some good vitamin D time working outside before the second Easter dinner of the weekend.
    Of good note is that I have managed to avoid my biggest healthy lifestyle nemesis - beer - all weekend, as well as all last week. As much as I hate to say it, I overall feel better and less bloated without it. lets see how long I can make it last. sort of concerned about some exercise time today, as I have band practice this evening. We will see.
    Rock On!!

The weather was to nice to stay inside. Lunchtime run - had to wear shoes, but still it was fun. A little harder to run on empty, but very do-able.

Had another good trail run yesterday afternoon. We have had a lot of smoke in the area due to brush fires to the north, but fortunately the winds shifted and things cleared up for a good run. Shoulder and back muscles still sore as heck from Tuesday's primal workout. I meant to get up early and do some archery practice before work to stretch everything out, but be lazy ass overslept. maybe this evening. Been pretty true to the diet, and feeling overall pretty good. Still avoiding the beer.- As much as I hate to admit it, there is no way around it -not much way for a middle aged guy to drop a beer gut and drink beer at the same time. Guess I gotta decide which sort of six pack I want to have.
    Rock On.

Goldsmith is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteA View Post
    I'm not even sure if a BBQ grill will work without beer.
    It does... but not was well.
    "Canned food is a perversion,' Ignatius said. 'I suspect that it is ultimately very damaging to the soul."
    - John Kennedy Toole (A Confederacy of Dunces)

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Steak cooked over an open fire & home grown collard greens. How primal is that!!??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast