Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pete's Primal Scream page 2

PeteA is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Woke up to a bitch of a leg cramp in my left calf. One of those that leave you sort of queasy in the stomach. Finally got it stretched out and went through a morning series of primal workout. Seems good now. Had a 2 egg omelet and ham. Working my way to try raw eggs. Just sort of sampled the residual in the bowl that I used to whip up the eggs for the omelet. Looking forward to a run this afternoon - and my post run snack of a can of Vienna sausages.
    Have a good weekend and rock on!

Chatty is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteA View Post
    ..............Guess I gotta decide which sort of six pack I want to have.
    Rock On.
    LOL Liking your journal and the way you think!
    Yep, Rock On!

Quote Originally Posted by Chatty View Post
    LOL Liking your journal and the way you think!
    Yep, Rock On!
    Thanks..that came in handy this weekend and helped to keep me focused!

Another good weekend. Didn't get much accomplished in the way of working out, but did spend a lot of time outdoors, either walking through the woods (Turkey hunting), or doing lawn work. Experimented with eating a couple of raw eggs (local farm raised brown) - not bad. tasted like chicken. I also did some pretty primal grilling Sunday evening. Found a beef heart at the local meat store and sliced it up and grilled it, along with a wild turkey breast. (I have several days of meat now). Managed to make the grill work without beer, which was an accomplishment in itself after spending all afternoon on a mower. not seeing a lot of time to workout today, as I have band practice this evening. Legs feel sort of heavy anyway.

Rock On!!

IrishYeti is offline Member
    I'm glad to see you were able to make the grill work without the beer. I couldn't make that happen this week-end, however I did manage to switch from using conventional charcoal to hardwood charcoal- that stuff is hot! Turkey season is in, as you mentioned, so I have to ask- what is wild turkey like compared to the stuff you get in the stores? I imagine it's obviously not near as gargantuan!

Chatty is offline Senior Member
    I can't bring myself to eat raw eggs (yet) but I read they should be pasteurized if you're going to do that.
    You can buy pasteurized eggs in the store, (look for the word "pasteurized") or pasteurize them yourself:
    How to pasteurize eggs at home Baking Bites

Turkey hunting is great exercise, uneven turf etc.
    Rock on!

Continuing on the path...been a super busy week, but got a good run in yesterday after work. I need to get some upper body work in as well. Maybe some archery practice this afternoon.

got several good runs in last week and did a 5k trail on Saturday. Sunday was a fasting day until dinner...spent all of the AM kayak fishing on a local river. had a blast. Had planned on doing another 5 mile trail run a couple of hours away, but I decided to have some solitude time on the river instead of 4 hours of interstate driving to participate in a running event. I think I made the better choice..that time. We decided to grill out with the neighbors for dinner, and I broke down and had a few bud lights with and after dinner. I can really feel the difference this morning. just over all blah. Definitely underscored the need for me to treat myself right. looking forward to flushing it out of my system and grocking on!!

IrishYeti is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Man, am I glad that I am not alone! Of course, going to the race with my wife was pulling the trigger. She enjoyed her Blue Moon and I was helping one of my friends clear out a few Yuenglings. Yes, the nasty gut feeling availed itself the following day and of course that was the day I had to roll out for class. Definitely a litmus, reassurance test. I'll check back in with you later today. Grok on!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12