Thread: guacamole bread page

mr Miler is offline Junior Member

guacamole bread

Primal Fuel
    ok, so here is what I did, and what I would like to do. I took 1/2 an avocado, 1 egg, 2 heaping T almond flower, 1/4 t baking powder, some cumin, and Cajun seasoning. mixed it all together, and put it in a 5" squareish plastic dish and nuked it for 2 1/2 min in my 700 w micro. it was good, but could use some more kick. I would like to make a bigger batch using some guacamole, and maybe half flax meal, and half almond flower and spread it a little thinner on a baking sheet and make it in the oven. I think it would make a good tortilla substitute. any advice would be appreciated, I am a self taught cook, and kitchen tinkerer, but don't know much about baking.

EvansMom is offline Senior Member
    So....was it pliable without breaking? I.e. can you "load" it without it splitting? I am very curious and might try making these tonight.

Perhaps, and since I haven't made them I am going to go out on a limb, but you could spread them thinnish with a spatula on a cookie sheet? Or spread into a frying pan if you added a little oil to thin it maybe??

mr Miler is offline Junior Member
    It could probably be loaded up without making too much mess. it is a savory version of something I sometimes make into pancakes which are based on my banana bread in a cup, which is based on french toast in a cup w/ half of a banana. I make it a lot for breakfast I just change the seasoning up depending on my mood. cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice coco powder.
    Last edited by mr Miler; 04-03-2012 at 05:48 PM.

I would try frying it in a pan with some oil.