Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (Chatty) 04/02/2012 it begins page 9

Chatty is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Another one bites the dust! 25 lbs. down, still not logging food and feeling fine!
    I probably ate too many nuts last week, but what the heck!

I posted at Marcie's site and JC! Aint' no way in hell I'm taking all those supplements!

Forgot to add that my 84 year old dad has lost 13 lbs. with primal. He's actually sticking with it!

jcrowe1950 is offline Junior Member

Cool Notes from the road

Quote Originally Posted by Chatty View Post
    Another one bites the dust! 25 lbs. down, still not logging food and feeling fine!
    I probably ate too many nuts last week, but what the heck!

I posted at Marcie's site and JC! Aint' no way in hell I'm taking all those supplements!

Hey EV,

Well supplementation is not for everybody. It's a bit of a hassle but worth it to me. I'm in Austin right now and will probably stop by on my way back to TN for an overnighter. The one supplement that I'm currently taking that seems to have a huge positive effect for me is iodine in the form of Lugol's 5% solution....two drops in a glass of liquid a day...that amounts to 12.5mg...some people take as much as 8 times more. If you are interested you can look up the works of David Brownstein on iodine deficiency in American diets. YMMV. Another reference on iodine supplementation is:
    Iodine for Health by Donald W. Miller, Jr., MD

Peace out,
    JC

Quote Originally Posted by jcrowe1950 View Post

[COLOR="#006400"]
    ... Lugol's 5% solution....two drops in a glass of liquid a day...that amounts to 12.5mg...some people take as much as 8 times more. .....
    Well, since I have 2 aunts that died with breast cancer, iodine interests me greatly!
    Thanks JC-- Ordered a Christmas present for you and T -- involves primal -- that's the only hint

Somehow, I managed to gain 2 lbs. while supposedly eating PB.
    Still not logging food and I won't start again right now.
    I plan to eat more meat/fat and less veggies.
    Maybe those squash, apples, prunes, nuts and tomatoes are adding up to too many carbs.
    I received the 5% iodine and I'm taking 2 drops per day.
    Taking Mark's supplements once per day (instead of twice, like the instructions say).
    In the winter, I'll get some Vitamin D.
    Ever onward!
    Last edited by Chatty; 07-25-2012 at 08:33 AM.

Well between 7/16/12 and 7/30/12 I gained 2 lbs, lost those 2 lbs. and lost another 1lb.

I think I was eating too many carbs with fresh garden food. Cut that back and got back to meat/fat and about
    and equal portion of fruit/veggies and dropped the lb. Whew! Guess I'll continue to not-log and solo it primally,
    because so far -- so good!

FINALLY dropped another lb. Did it without logging food and trying to be patient.
    Decided I wasn't drinking enough water and upped that.
    Ate less carb vegetables and still hanging in!
    27 lbs down! Losing 1 lb. in one month isn't anything to brag about, but I'm proud of a lot of things:
    I didn't give up and start eating junk again
    I was patient as I plan to eat this way forever
    I wasn't hungry as I lost weight -- that alone is priceless!
    I felt sure I was eating right and not taking the statin drugs -- blood test coming in February
    Last edited by Chatty; 08-23-2012 at 09:13 AM.

FINALLY dropped another lb. Did it without logging food and trying to be patient.
    Decided I wasn't drinking enough water and upped that.
    Ate less carb vegetables and still hanging in!
    27 lbs down! Losing 1 lb. in one month isn't anything to brag about, but I'm proud of a lot of things:
    I didn't give up and start eating junk again
    I was patient as I plan to eat this way forever
    I wasn't hungry as I lost weight -- that alone is priceless!
    I felt sure I was eating right and not taking the statin drugs -- blood test coming in February
    Hey EV,
    I am back in TX and should be heading your way on the 30th. I am very happy to hear that
    you are into eating right for the right reasons without worrying about calorie counting and how
    quickly your weight changes. For me, the most important metric is how I am feeling in general
    and while I do weigh myself, I'm not worrying about the plateau I'm on right now. I'm also benefitting
    from some good movement that has derived from the TragerŪ class I took last weekend. In any case,
    keep up the good fight. BTW, I finally got to try that Vivani chocolate and it is really good. Perhaps even
    better than good but that's subjective.

Peace out,
    JC

Bring me some chocolate, JC!

Lost another lb. It's "going" without me thinking about what to eat all time. I'll have my 5 month primal anniversary very soon -- 28 lbs. divided by 5 is 5.6 lbs. per month! Sure doesn't seem that fast, but it is!
    Hubby is eating more carbs than when he first began, but his weight is steady and the blood test will show if he's on the right track.
    I found that if I save my carbs until dinner, they seem to go further. LOL "carb fest"
    I had a piece of cake last week and it didn't seem to bother me. Didn't want to eat the whole cake either, like I normally do. Ate it, forgot about it. That's a first for me. I'll look forward to my next five-month anniversary and maybe have another piece.

Vanilla Waffer cake -- waffers, butter, sugar, eggs and coconut. My primal treat! LOL
    Last edited by Chatty; 08-29-2012 at 02:08 PM.

Eating without logging food is working slowly, but surely. Another lb. down and took about 1 month to lose it.
    I'm not "on a diet" so I don't plan going "off a diet."
    Eating right is becoming "natural instinct" rather than conscious thought.
    That's nice -- first time in my life I haven't been binging out on sweets and carbs
    First time in my life I'm busy, get hungry and realize I haven't eaten all day!
    All is well. Looking forward to the big THREE-OH -- 30 lbs. gone.

Hey, JC, you said you didn't like squash? Have you tried butternut squash?
    It tastes like baked sweet potato to me -- good stuff when slathered with pure butter!

1 cup cooked mashed sweet potato 180 calories, 34 net carbs
    1 cup cooked butternut squash........ 82 calories, 18 net carbs
    Last edited by Chatty; 09-17-2012 at 10:53 AM.

Eating without logging food is working slowly, but surely. Another lb. down and took about 1 month to lose it.
    I'm not "on a diet" so I don't plan going "off a diet."
    Eating right is becoming "natural instinct" rather than conscious thought.
    That's nice -- first time in my life I haven't been binging out on sweets and carbs
    First time in my life I'm busy, get hungry and realize I haven't eaten all day!
    All is well. Looking forward to the big THREE-OH -- 30 lbs. gone.

Hey, JC, you said you didn't like squash? Have you tried butternut squash?
    It tastes like baked sweet potato to me -- good stuff when slathered with pure butter!

1 cup cooked mashed sweet potato 180 calories, 34 net carbs
    1 cup cooked butternut squash........ 82 calories, 18 net carbs

Hey EV,

No, I do like squash....there are many kinds, which include pumpkins BTW. I don't like squash or any vegetable that's overcooked though. Glad to hear that you're down so much. I'm still plateaued out but after my next/final trip to TX, I will get into the groove I need to follow. Every time I go down there it's difficult to eat primal. I will endeavor to bring you some Vivani chocolate on that trip. I'll most likely stop by Casa V on both to to and from journeys. I need to drop Strider off for some diagnostics. More later.

JC

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast