Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (Chatty) 04/02/2012 it begins page 8

Marcie is offline Senior Member
    Looks like you are doing good with your weight loss. So cool about your mom and dad trying PB. I got the book but haven't read much. I admire your food logging and wish I was as disciplined as you are (maybe I will do it but I highly doubt it). Even if I don't log in, I always check on your progress and posts. I still say you are brave to post your questions as you don't always get the nicest answers, so judgemental, but at least you know differing opinions. I find it so odd that people who have struggled with food can be so critical. But you do also get some excellent feedback from the "o-so-knowledgeable". Enjoy the rest of your week.

Mamakin is offline Junior Member
    Nice post! How wonderful That your folks are interested. My dear sweetheart bought a huge thing of red licorice at Costco yesterday, then a 40 ounce beer at the convenient store well at least I don't cook junk for him anymore. Lol I'm hoping that when my family sees results from this way of eating, they will come around. If your folks did, wow! Maybe I can teach some of the old dogs around here some new tricks! :-)

Chatty is offline Senior Member
    20 lbs. lost in 10 weeks as of today.

I'm still tracking my food and using this calculator for calories, fat, protein, carbs, but guess what? Calculate Your Ideal Nutrient Intake for Weight Loss or Maintenance

I think the calculator is off for my body. As I lose weight, I calculate new numbers. Even though I requested to lost 1 lb. per week, I'm losing more than that. Sometimes, I get hungry and I EAT, REGARDLESS what the tracking shows. Even then, I lose weight.

So, the calculator is fun, but it's more important to eat PB food and go by what my body is telling me...which is the goal all along. I'll continue to log food because it's fun and I'm learning more about the fat/carbs/protein of the food I eat.

I added some wild rice and some Chinese vegetables this week. They're nice. I also ate ricotta cheese right out of the carton for a snack. It's much tastier than cottage cheese (sweeter). I also added ricotta cheese to my primal shake and it makes it much-more filling.

Feeling good and eating well!

wk10.jpg

I made wild rice to go with this and it was excellent:

Taco Swiss Steak (crock pot) *tested good

1 lb boneless beef round steak, cut into serving-size pieces
    2 packages Old El PasoŽ taco seasoning mix (from 1-oz package)
    1 large onion, sliced
    1/2 cup Old El PasoŽ chopped green chiles (from two 4.5-oz cans)
    1/2 cup Old El PasoŽ Thick 'n Chunky salsa
    2 tablespoons chili sauce

Dump all into crock pot and mix.
    Cook on Low heat setting 6 hours.
    Last edited by Chatty; 06-10-2012 at 08:49 AM.

Just checking in to show off my newest lb. gone.

Yep, the calculator is wrong. It's trying to starve me to death!
    I'm eating MORE calories than it suggests, and still losing weight.
    Eating by HUNGER is the best way! (but I'm still logging food because it's fun to see the numbers).

Monday was a hunger day for me: 1648 calories!
    Probably because Sunday I only ate 984 calories.
    It all averages out.

I had my first "starving hungry" day since starting PB. It wasn't head hunger -- it was real hunger. Just couldn't get satisfied, no matter how much I ate. 2189 calories later, 2 boiled eggs, nuts and such, I went to bed "not hungry." I'm wondering if the higher carbs the day before triggered it. No harm done -- it all averages out. Down about .5 lb, but only log full lbs. so I'm still doing well with losing.

wk11.png
    Last edited by Chatty; 06-18-2012 at 08:07 AM.

jcrowe1950 is offline Junior Member
    Hey EV,

I made it up here to TN.....not the final trip but working towards it. The good news is that I'm moving my friends up here towards PB lifestyle changes....they have looked at my changes and are impressed. I too had a bit of a lapse but these things come and go. Managed to score a bunch of macadamia nuts which I love, at Costco. PB, along with some specific supplementation is serving me well. I can't wait to see you guys again.

LPH
    JC

Quote Originally Posted by jcrowe1950 View Post
    Hey EV,

I made it up here to TN.....not the final trip but working towards it. The good news is that I'm moving my friends up here towards PB lifestyle changes....they have looked at my changes and are impressed. I too had a bit of a lapse but these things come and go. Managed to score a bunch of macadamia nuts which I love, at Costco. PB, along with some specific supplementation is serving me well. I can't wait to see you guys again.

LPH
    JC
    You're a good crusader, JC -- so glad you talked me into PB. I haven't logged food for 2 weeks. Went out of town (tried to eat PB, but who knows what's in restaurant food), got home, had 3 plus lbs, just ate PB for 2 weeks and that weight gone, plus 2 more lbs., also without logging food. I'm wondering if I've finally figured out the food-thing and can fly solo now. Just LOVE this eating lifestyle! 23 lbs. gone now!

I keep nuts in the freezer and eat them frozen. More crunchy and they'll stay fresh longer! I bought Mark's supplements, but they make me burp a bad taste, so I take them only once per day (at bedtime) instead of twice daily, like Mark advises. He has all the supplements ground to a powder and into 6 identical capsules. Which individual supplements did you choose?

I try to get 15 minutes sunshine and it's summer, so I'm not worried about vit D right now. I'll probably get a supplement this winter since we work in a dark building all day.

My dad is hanging in there with his PB as well. He can't remain steady on the scale, so it's bothering him that he can't watch his weight loss that way. I advised him to "just watch your belt." LOL

The watermelon and cantaloupes in the barrels are ripening now and they are wonderfully-sweet! I harvested some of the beans (you gave me the seeds). They were so pretty when I snapped them apart -- purple outside and green inside -- I was surprised (and sorta disappointed) that when I cooked them, they turned entirely green! They taste great though (cooked them with bacon, onion and a bit of chicken bullion). Of course we're loving home-grown tomatoes right now as well. I have a lot of squash coming along, including acorn squash (I bought one from market, planted a few seeds and the plant is doing great). I hope it wasn't some hybrid squash and that the plant truly turns out to be the type acorn squash I ate! I have some sunchokes (Jerusalen artichokes) coming along as well. I haven't eaten them before, but if they're good -- they're something that's easy to grow and on PB is a great potato substitute.

Glad you wrote-- I hadn't logged here in awhile and it helps me to stay focused when I have some accountability somewhere -- like here.
    Last edited by Chatty; 06-29-2012 at 07:14 AM.

jcrowe1950 is offline Junior Member

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Chatty View Post
    You're a good crusader, JC -- so glad you talked me into PB. I haven't logged food for 2 weeks. Went out of town (tried to eat PB, but who knows what's in restaurant food), got home, had 3 plus lbs, just ate PB for 2 weeks and that weight gone, plus 2 more lbs., also without logging food. I'm wondering if I've finally figured out the food-thing and can fly solo now. Just LOVE this eating lifestyle! 23 lbs. gone now!
    I'm actually glad that you have gotten beyond the food logging. If that works for you it can be good but sometimes you miss the point by concentrating on minutia. The results, for most people I think, come from feeling better and simply losing weight and/or converting stored fat to lean muscle mass. Right now, I'm a little stuck at ~ 20lbs down but I'm not worrying about it. Good food is extremely pricey here.

I keep nuts in the freezer and eat them frozen. More crunchy and they'll stay fresh longer! I bought Mark's supplements, but they make me burp a bad taste, so I take them only once per day (at bedtime) instead of twice daily, like Mark advises. He has all the supplements ground to a powder and into 6 identical capsules. Which individual supplements did you choose?

I take a large number of supplements but I've been experimenting for literally decades, as you may have observed in the past. Currently I am taking the following in the morning:
    • Multivitamin
    • Magnesium Citrate 200mg (empty stomach)
    • L-Arginine 1000mg (empty stomach)
    • L-Carnethine 250mg (empty stomach)
    • Ubiquinol 200mg
    • D3 2000iu
    • Pycnogenol 60mg
    • Alpha Lipoic Acid 300mg
    • Wholemega 1000mg softgel Omega combo
    • Carlson Labs E-Gems Elite vitamin E 400mg
    • VItamin B combo pill

In the evening I take:

• Magnesium Citrate 200mg (empty stomach)
    • L-Arginine 1000mg (empty stomach)
    • L-Carnethine 250mg (empty stomach)
    • Ubiquinol 200mg
    • D3 2000iu
    • Pycnogenol 60mg
    • Alpha Lipoic Acid 300mg
    • Wholemega 1000mg softgel Omega combo
    • Carlson Labs E-Gems Elite vitamin E 400mg
    • Resveratrol 250mg
    • Vitamin K2 90mcg
    • Selenium 200mcg
    • Iodine 2 drops of Lugol's 5% solution in a glass of cold Perrier

The Lugol's/Iodine has a very obvious effect on energy levels. You might want to check out the articles by David Brownstein and Donald Miller in that respect. They have both posted on Lew Rockwell's site.

I try to get 15 minutes sunshine and it's summer, so I'm not worried about vit D right now. I'll probably get a supplement this winter since we work in a dark building all day.

My dad is hanging in there with his PB as well. He can't remain steady on the scale, so it's bothering him that he can't watch his weight loss that way. I advised him to "just watch your belt." LOL

The watermelon and cantaloupes in the barrels are ripening now and they are wonderfully-sweet! I harvested some of the beans (you gave me the seeds). They were so pretty when I snapped them apart -- purple outside and green inside -- I was surprised (and sorta disappointed) that when I cooked them, they turned entirely green! They taste great though (cooked them with bacon, onion and a bit of chicken bullion). Of course we're loving home-grown tomatoes right now as well. I have a lot of squash coming along, including acorn squash (I bought one from market, planted a few seeds and the plant is doing great). I hope it wasn't some hybrid squash and that the plant truly turns out to be the type acorn squash I ate! I have some sunchokes (Jerusalen artichokes) coming along as well. I haven't eaten them before, but if they're good -- they're something that's easy to grow and on PB is a great potato substitute.

Glad you wrote-- I hadn't logged here in awhile and it helps me to stay focused when I have some accountability somewhere -- like here.
    Keep checking in with this. I'm very busy but not getting much done....will check back in periodically.
    More later

Marcie is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for your post. I felt guilty not being on here but I guess summer keeps us all occupied. I have strayed from the path, hell, I am beyond straying! I know I need to get back on track so I am looking for some words of encouragement (a little pathetic but we all need that sometimes). I am glad you are doing so well. Take care and I hope none of this crazy weather has affected you.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I quit logging food, but I'm managing to stick with the program. Another lb. gone without extreme distress!
    Loving my PB!

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast