Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (Chatty) 04/02/2012 it begins page 3

Chatty is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ecks View Post
    Noticed a lot of dairy in your first food post there. When I started paleo I was doing the same but was told by many to remove dairy out of my diet for a month then reintroduce it slowly if I felt the need. Dairy causes inflammation which will slow down the body healing process as you prepare to get your primal journey started. Just a thought.

BTW welcome to the world of better food, better sleep, and better health!
    Thanks for the tip. I need to get Mark's big book. Right now, I only have the 21-day book.
    Not many people have offered tips. I'm just sailing along in my ignorance (and even that's a great improvement).

ecks is offline Senior Member
    Everything you need is on this site, robb wolf's site, and if you're looking for a catalog of paleo/primal safe foods head over to thefoodee.com
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

I've been eating well and not suffering with hunger.
    From 202 down to 195.6 = 6.4 lbs. down
    Best part? No sugar cravings!
    Entertaining 150 guests/feeding them/food hard to regulate last few days, but have been sticking PB, just not enough food to get my 100 g protein each day. That will be solved today, but the weekly avg. is okay.

wk3.png
    Last edited by Chatty; 04-21-2012 at 08:28 AM.

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    Chatty, looks like you are doing GREAT. Keep up the good work. A voice of experience - don't worry about tweaking what you're doing until it stops working... A lot of time, that tweaking does not help. [Of course, if you want advice on what to tweak, we all have a ton to offer]
    -- Ruth

Thanks, RMS. I feel okay, not hungry and have lost some weight -- so you're right, probably no tweaking required. When I get too anal and "perfect" with a food plan, it's always doomed to failure -- life gets in the way! LOL

Very strange Saturday - 4/21. Felt weak all day. Not hungry, just weak.
    I was eating plenty. Still felt terrible.
    Finally, at night, I ate a cup of cherry tomatoes and a protein shake made with 1/2 cup heavy cream and almond milk -- finally started feeling better. The calories for today were off the chart!
    Who knows what's going on -- but tomorrow is a new day.

I feel okay this morning -- not sure what was wrong yesterday unless it was too much fat and not enough protein.
    Will try to get my 100g protein DAILY.

I've noticed increased sweating lately. I was wiping my brow constantly yesterday and the weather was cooler than normal. This morning, simply bending over and getting on my shoes and socks brought a slight sweat (never noticed that before).
    sick.png
    Last edited by Chatty; 04-22-2012 at 09:35 AM.

Creamed Spinach serves as a wonderful salad dressing for other greens.

Cheesy Creamed Spinach

3 (10 ounce) bags clean fresh spinach, roughly chopped
    1 1/4 cups heavy cream
    1/4 cup butter
    2 tablespoons minced garlic
    3 tablespoons minced white onion
    6 slices shredded provolone cheese
    1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
    salt and pepper to taste

Directions

Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add spinach and cook until wilted, stirring constantly. Remove from the skillet and drain in a colander. Try to squeeze out as much liquid as possible.

Melt the butter in the skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and onions; cook and stir until tender, about 5 minutes. Add the spinach and stir in the heavy cream. Sprinkle in the provolone cheese and stir to melt and coat the spinach.

Once the provolone has melted, stir in the Parmesan cheese and continue to cook and stir until thickened. Season with salt and pepper and serve hot.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    The big book is definitely worth getting. I found it more accessible than the 21-day book. How is your sleep? For me, that is the second most important element of the program. When I went from 7 1/2 to 8 1/2 hours, life got so much easier.
    Looking forward to following your journey.

Lost 8.4 lbs. thusfar

LBMwk3.png

Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    The big book is definitely worth getting. I found it more accessible than the 21-day book. How is your sleep? For me, that is the second most important element of the program. When I went from 7 1/2 to 8 1/2 hours, life got so much easier.
    Looking forward to following your journey.

Still haven't ordered it and thanks for your inspiration -- will order the big book today!
    I need to learn more about food in general and how my body works.
    Hubby and I have both dumped our statin medication and want to lower our cholesterol.

I've always slept like a rock (overworked) but hubby has a terrible time sleeping.
    He dumped his statins too and is eating PB and his sleep has much improved!
    Not sure which change is responsible for better sleep, but it's a blessing.

Hubby has high blood pressure as well. He has always been slender, but he's eating PB and we're going to see if it can help with the blood pressure. He's taking fish oil, 86% chocolate at night and about 6 macadamia nuts every night in addition to his PB meal. He doesn't like to eat fish. Anything else I could be serving for him food-wise?

Hubby doesn't like the taste of Mark's protein drinks, but I love them (often add butter to them so they're more-filling).

At another post, it was suggested I up my good carbs, so I'm going for 50 per day along with the 100g protein.
    Last edited by Chatty; 04-23-2012 at 11:24 AM.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast