Thread: carb count page

ckck1234 is offline Senior Member

carb count

Primal Fuel
    50-100 grams per day: Sweet Spot for Weight Loss. Steadily drop excess body fat by minimizing insulin production. Enables 1-2 pounds per week of fat loss with satisfying, minimally restrictive meals.

Read more: How to Succeed with the Primal Blueprint | Mark's Daily Apple

what would a typical day look like? What would the meals be? Just an example so I can get my mind around all of this please..

thanks

Fernaldo is offline Senior Member
    Eggs / (insert breakfast meat of choice here) <- or skip it if fasting
    Lunch - BAS - big ass salad, spinach, peppers, cucumbers, tomatoes,, mushrooms, carrots, radish, avocado, (tuna/salmon/chicken/steak) with some sort of vinaigrette (no PUFAs!)
    Dinner - Ribeye and some asparagus with grass-fed butter
    Dessert - berries with Greek yogurt or some dark chocolate / coffee
    Last edited by Fernaldo; 04-03-2012 at 02:00 PM.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Breakfast.....Coffee and cream
    Lunch..........eggs and meat
    Dinner.........meat and vegetables

I may throw in some fruit and nuts if I want and have at it. Prefer the fatty cuts of meat with the bone in to get all the extra goodness. Learn some traditional dishes and prep of food. Thats about it. Anything else to discuss just gets more into nutrition reductionist thinking.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Wow, I eat more carbs than that, Neckhammer, and end up still well within the lower-end of that range. Here's a typical day for me:

eggs/meat/veggies (e.g. onions, mushrooms, chard, snap peas or green beans)
    canned fish/mustard
    meat/half sweet potato or some kind of root/pile of veggies (as above, perhaps different ones.)
    chocolate for dessert or perhaps, berries and cream or just berries

This is on the low-end of the curve, mind you. Sometimes I'll have half a banana or mango, too (boyfriend leaves halves lying around) or I'll really push it and have some dates or figs.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    Wow, I eat more carbs than that, Neckhammer, and end up still well within the lower-end of that range.
    Well my "vegetables" can be anything really....even the higher carb root varieties + I will have a piece or two of fruit throughout the day sometimes. So with that I usually end up in the 50-100g range. I'll admit that some days I fall in the sub 50 range sure....but, others I might get the full 100.

ckck1234 is offline Senior Member
    ok, thanks for letting me know. I maybe eating too much fruit now; a banana and an apple during the day and a bowl of red grapes at night. I am cutting that out to see if it helps me. thanks so much again and if you can get me any further advice that would be great!

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    Well my "vegetables" can be anything really....even the higher carb root varieties + I will have a piece or two of fruit throughout the day sometimes. So with that I usually end up in the 50-100g range. I'll admit that some days I fall in the sub 50 range sure....but, others I might get the full 100.
    Ah, I see.

I find the fruit kind of adds up quickly. Especially the dried fruit (duh).
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs