Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What would be your dream job?

Hybrid View

What would be your dream job?

If you could do anything you wanted, what would you do?

I would have a small teaching farm, where I could have classes and teach children and adults about sustainable agriculture and ranching.

truck driver

I would run a home-run tech support business offering all kinds of day to day maintenance and configuration services (spyware/viruses, new PC setup & data transfer, "tune-ups", hardware repair, consultations etc.). I already kind of started one, but I haven't been advertising and I'm very nervous about asking people for payment without feeling bad even though my services are much cheaper than any other place you could get the same thing around here. I don't know how realistic it is that this could support my current way of living (even just rent), but it's what I like doing.
    Journal
    Current interests - Starting Strength (reading it very slowly)

Depression Lies

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    I would run a home-run tech support business offering all kinds of day to day maintenance and configuration services (spyware/viruses, new PC setup & data transfer, "tune-ups", hardware repair, consultations etc.). I already kind of started one, but I haven't been advertising and I'm very nervous about asking people for payment without feeling bad even though my services are much cheaper than any other place you could get the same thing around here. I don't know how realistic it is that this could support my current way of living (even just rent), but it's what I like doing.
    Never undervalue your time and talent! People will pay you to do things they can't do themselves. Never mind the people who say "I can do that myself for free/cheap"...they are not your target market Sell solutions, not services. People turn to experts/consultants when they need problems solved.
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    I was just starting to do this same thing right before I got offered a "real job". Some days I wish I hadn't taken it. I like that stuff a lot too and I could have set my own schedule, and wouldn't have had to move.

My dream job would probably involve growing food part time in a sustainable techno-farm (aquaponics style), and splitting the rest of my work time between writing stories and inventing things.
    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

^^sounds like a good jo b

Luxury cat hotel operator. Don't laugh.
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

Quote Originally Posted by Sandra in BC View Post
    Luxury cat hotel operator. Don't laugh.
    Me too. is there any $$ in that?

I would love to own a rock shop/jewelry school. I've loved rocks and jewelry ever since I was a little kid. Now that I finally know a little about jewelry making I wish I could teach others and get better at doing it. Plus, buying gemstones retail is so expensive!!

When I was unemployed I was offered a job at Jared as an apprentice. I really wanted to take the position, but it was an hour and a half commute from where I live and paid minimum wage (so less than my unemployment, sigh). I often wish I had taken that job... but then it is nice to have a few $$ in the bank.

I'd get paid to fish in my kayak off the coast of south florida... and eat all the yummy fishes.

Or writer... or hell, both?

Who's gonna fund this venture!
    Last edited by cori93437; 04-03-2012 at 02:07 PM.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.