Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What would be your dream job? page

ChefGrok is offline Senior Member

What would be your dream job?

Primal Fuel
    If you could do anything you wanted, what would you do?

I would have a small teaching farm, where I could have classes and teach children and adults about sustainable agriculture and ranching.

ckck1234 is offline Senior Member
    truck driver

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    I would run a home-run tech support business offering all kinds of day to day maintenance and configuration services (spyware/viruses, new PC setup & data transfer, "tune-ups", hardware repair, consultations etc.). I already kind of started one, but I haven't been advertising and I'm very nervous about asking people for payment without feeling bad even though my services are much cheaper than any other place you could get the same thing around here. I don't know how realistic it is that this could support my current way of living (even just rent), but it's what I like doing.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

ckck1234 is offline Senior Member
    ^^sounds like a good jo b

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    I'd get paid to fish in my kayak off the coast of south florida... and eat all the yummy fishes.

Or writer... or hell, both?

Who's gonna fund this venture!
    Last edited by cori93437; 04-03-2012 at 02:07 PM.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    I would run a home-run tech support business offering all kinds of day to day maintenance and configuration services (spyware/viruses, new PC setup & data transfer, "tune-ups", hardware repair, consultations etc.). I already kind of started one, but I haven't been advertising and I'm very nervous about asking people for payment without feeling bad even though my services are much cheaper than any other place you could get the same thing around here. I don't know how realistic it is that this could support my current way of living (even just rent), but it's what I like doing.
    Never undervalue your time and talent! People will pay you to do things they can't do themselves. Never mind the people who say "I can do that myself for free/cheap"...they are not your target market Sell solutions, not services. People turn to experts/consultants when they need problems solved.
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Wonder- one of the things I got out of the business class I took was that if you have a skill to offer, you have a right to be compensated for it. I, personally, am positively technologically impaired. Therefore, I would need your services. In return for your time and effort, you should get something from me. Maybe money, maybe gardening help

I'm thinking a teaching ranch/farm might be interesting. However, at the moment what I want is a self-sustained/contained farm where I can be a hermit for a while. Once I'm ready to deal with people again, I'm very interested in healing land and learning/teaching how to use what wants to grow here to nourish/heal ourselves.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Writer or
    Personal chef/ restauranteur using local/ organic/ both and Primal ingredients, with the option of fresh pasta, etc for those who want it added on. Restaurant would be called Science! With Food!, opened with a close friend and a couple of compatriots, and, knowing this area, popular overnight.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    Luxury cat hotel operator. Don't laugh.
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

zoebird is offline Senior Member

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast