Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What would be your dream job? page 2

activia is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I would start a company that would change how the world things about nutrition/fitness. I would create new ideas and have someone else deal with the politics and day-to-day management, whilst I lived on a small farm doing something similar to ChefGrok

If anyone uses my ideas, I reserve the right to sue without permission. If anyone would want to financially back me.. then I'd do it ;P

All these things would be connected in one giant complex...Primal Revolution
    1) Create a program like WW but primal.
    a) weekly meetings for members to attend for support
    b) An online support component. Class program
    c) Meal plan generation
    d) classes to attend (cooking/how-to-shop/backyard chicken farming/vegetable & fruit gardening) -- some would require traveling to the farm via bus?
    e) pre-packaged frozen foods
    f) fresh/frozen foods available from local farmers
    g) fast food restaurant
    h) sit-in restaurant
    2) Exercise - start a franchise system using ideas from (movNat)
    a) Indoor room, with indoor rock climbing and other things needed for MovNat
    b) outdoor Arena
    c) Yoga/meditation center
    3) Studies & consultations
    a) I'd have someone like Chris Kresser and an MD and a Psychologist work full-time with patients, also a Chiro and Acupuncturist
    b) I'd have EVERYTHING documented. Everyone that starts the program would have full blood workups done, as well as questionnaire's filled out. This would be to get their first month free. Then we'd require a re-eval 3 months/6 months/ then every year there-after.
    c) Use profits to fund primal studies that can be done in prisons/any other long term care facility where food/exercise can be controlled.
    Primal since March 2011

Female/29 years old/5' 1"/130ish lbs

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    Personal trainer.
    Or professional piano player. Too bad I don't have that many years of experience.

ChefGrok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Writer or
    Personal chef/ restauranteur using local/ organic/ both and Primal ingredients, with the option of fresh pasta, etc for those who want it added on. Restaurant would be called Science! With Food!, opened with a close friend and a couple of compatriots, and, knowing this area, popular overnight.
    I Would do personal chef too, and although not very much used anymore, I always wanted to be a butler. But for someone cool, not a douchbag.

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    Nutritionist/creative therapist. I'd like to practice in art as therapy as well as nutrition.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

I would like to be the cost accountant at a huge manufacturing company, maybe a conglomerate of some sort, where there's a ton of different items to cost. I thought that was everyone's dream job, though. Oh well, unrealistically, I would be in a bluegrass/gospel band because bluegrass rocks.

Karma is offline Senior Member
    I would be a mountain bike & trail running tour operator all summer and a XC ski trip guide all winter. Spring and Fall would be travel time where I would travel around the world visiting and writing about awesome places to mountain bike and ski.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    There are guys in prison who get paid 50 cents a day to work on trail crews. They live out in the wilderness and do trail maintenance. On my backpacking trip this weekend, I was joking that if I was in prison, I'd do whatever it took to get that job, then I would find a way to get back in prison when they let me out.

I spent 6 months of my life hiking in the wilderness every day. It was an amazing and wonderful adventure, but after a while, it got to be a job. And I was a pretty mean boss. I learned that it's not good to take something you really really like and make it your job. I'm very happy with my job as a web developer. It's boring enough to walk away from at the end of the day and some day when I don't have to work anymore, I can just go hiking all the time again.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 170 x 3. Current Deadlift: 220 x 3

kenn is offline Senior Member
    Venture Capitaliat
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Uncephalized is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    I would run a home-run tech support business offering all kinds of day to day maintenance and configuration services (spyware/viruses, new PC setup & data transfer, "tune-ups", hardware repair, consultations etc.). I already kind of started one, but I haven't been advertising and I'm very nervous about asking people for payment without feeling bad even though my services are much cheaper than any other place you could get the same thing around here. I don't know how realistic it is that this could support my current way of living (even just rent), but it's what I like doing.
    I was just starting to do this same thing right before I got offered a "real job". Some days I wish I hadn't taken it. I like that stuff a lot too and I could have set my own schedule, and wouldn't have had to move.

My dream job would probably involve growing food part time in a sustainable techno-farm (aquaponics style), and splitting the rest of my work time between writing stories and inventing things.
    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

Spubba is offline Senior Member
    I'd draw comics again OR run a deli of some sort. Unfortunately, comic-wise, you can't find those jobs that pay up front. There are plenty of people with omg-great-ideas, and no money to start (although they'll be ever so kind to link to your website, and give you omgz-internet-fame, if you toil 60 hours/week to draw their omg-great-idea for them).

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast