Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CW looks to be moving in the right direction page

JeffreyS is offline Junior Member

CW looks to be moving in the right direction

Primal Fuel
    A nice report on the toxicity of sugar.

Is sugar toxic? - 60 Minutes - CBS News

activia is offline Senior Member
    That's been in process for a long time.. Now when they start realizing how bad vegetable oils are, and how good sat fat is..then we have something
    Primal since March 2011

Female/29 years old/5' 1"/130ish lbs

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by activia View Post
    That's been in process for a long time.. Now when they start realizing how bad vegetable oils are, and how good sat fat is..then we have something
    The public can't handle it, too indoctrinated.

Quote Originally Posted by fiercehunter View Post
    The public can't handle it, too indoctrinated.
    Oh given enough time it can.. I mean they did finally realize the world is not flat, and is not at the center of the universe, and the sun is not revolving around the earth.

They also finally realized that breast feeding is better then formula.
    Primal since March 2011

Karma is offline Senior Member
    Oh, and the sugar lobbyist was priceless....."the science isn't there yet", yeah right! Just keep thinking that line of BS.

JeffreyS is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Karma View Post
    Oh, and the sugar lobbyist was priceless....."the science isn't there yet", yeah right! Just keep thinking that line of BS.
    He certainly had the "deer in headlights" look to him. Then gave the "balanced" diet line.

Daemonized is offline Senior Member
    (Not to date myself here), but being a kid back in the 70's CW knew that sugar was bad for us and led to weight gain. I think most people just won't care really. People still smoke these days too. Making cigarettes expensive has keeps people from smoking more than anything else, I bet. If you handed out cigarettes for free a lot more people would smoke and sugar is subsidized and pretty cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffreyS View Post
    He certainly had the "deer in headlights" look to him. Then gave the "balanced" diet line.
    Sounds like my mom, "all in moderation!"
    Primal since March 2011

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    Yeah- I don't ever really remember a time where "sugar" was part of a healthy diet. Back in the 70's and 80's no one was encouraging soda consumption. Do people really eat sweets and think "oh yeah- just a fat free cup cake- no worse than an apple"... no, people know. Some stuff is a little deceptive- juice drinks and yogurt come to mind.

Lewis is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by activia View Post
    Oh given enough time it can.. I mean they did finally realize the world is not flat, and is not at the center of the universe, and the sun is not revolving around the earth.

They also finally realized that breast feeding is better then formula.
    I don't know about "finally realize the world is not flat". Where does that one come from? The old song that goes "they all laughed at Christopher Columbus ..."? The fact is, they didn't; or if they did it wasn't for that reason, because that's not what they thought.

Ptolemy's Almagest was the standard text for astronomy for centuries, so all educated people for all that time conceived of the world as a sphere. As of the uneducated, they probably didn't have an opinion since they probably didn't even think about the matter.

To be sure our conception of the solar system did get, so to speak, turned inside out, though. Now we know the sun only appears to rise in the East and set in the West.

Mind you, that it did what it looked to be doing was a reasonable assumption. I'm not sure telling people not to eat how virtually all human cultures instinctively did was ever a reasonable thing to do. (For example, everyone who can has always gone for animal fat.) I think the Ancel Keys doctrine was a classic example of an intellectual's blunder. It's a result of valuing theory over experience.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast