Thread: Fasters: how much protein do you eat in a day page

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member

Fasters: how much protein do you eat in a day

Primal Fuel
    Just curious if I'm overdoing it on the extra egg whites after lifting heavy at the gym on 24 hour fast days. I typically eat like 1500-2000 calories in food, with 120g protein, on the fasts just because I have to force down the extra protein in egg whites. I know that the protein helps with satiety, which I don't think I'll have too much of an issue with anymore because the fast does that by itself.

lssanjose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sakura_girl View Post
    Just curious if I'm overdoing it on the extra egg whites after lifting heavy at the gym on 24 hour fast days. I typically eat like 1500-2000 calories in food, with 120g protein, on the fasts just because I have to force down the extra protein in egg whites. I know that the protein helps with satiety, which I don't think I'll have too much of an issue with anymore because the fast does that by itself.
    I don't deliberately count, but guestimate an amount closer to 100g - 120g. However, this will help me during the times I do choose to fast, as I believe it'll even out the intake over a 24-36 hour period.
    If you have a problem with what you read: 1. Get a dictionary 2. Don't read it 3. Grow up 4. After 3, go back to 1/ or 2. -- Dennis Blue. | "I don't care about your opinion, only your analysis"- Professor Calabrese. | "Life is more important than _______" - Drew | I eat animals that eat vegetables -- Matt Millen, former NFL Linebacker. | "This country is built on sugar & shit that comes in a box marinated in gluten - abc123

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    So I should eat those extra egg whites? My meat alone has like 70g

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I've read it can be helpful to purposely not eat protein for a day- the body soaks it up the next day. Also read something on Paul Jaminet's site about the problems of constant high protein. I personally have eaten a ton of protein for years and feel good on it so you might just consider that. Or, you could cycle it out and see what happens.
    You might get some useful tips from Elliot & Mike at Lean Hybrid:
    How To Build Muscle Fast With Lean Hybrid Muscle Building