Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Living on ONLY Sunshine page

ozbuckley is offline Senior Member

Living on ONLY Sunshine

Primal Fuel
    Hi Guys,

Just watched a pretty interesting doco called 'Eat The Sun'. It was released last year. Its about 'sun gazing'... looking directly into the sun for up to 40 odd minutes a day.

Apparently you start off at 10 seconds on the first day and then every day after that increase your sun gazing by 5-10 secs. The best time of the day is the 1 hour period after sunrise and the 1 hour period before sunset.

A lot of people who do it find their energy explodes, their stress vanish and funny enough so does a lot of their appetite. Some of these people claim to not have eaten food for YEARS.

Its an interesting doco.

Me?... well I LOVE my food too much to stop eating food but would be interesting to give it a try for 5-10mins a day.

Nady is offline Senior Member
    Doesn't staring into the sun burn your retinas or something?

boxcarguy07 is offline Senior Member
    I have sun-gazed and I certainly do find that it offers benefits... it seems to blast away stress (well, what's more relaxing than watching a sunset/sunrise?) and helps sleep for sure. I never tried giving up food in conjunction with it, but part of me believes it's possible. I want to get back into sun-gazing but my sleep schedule is a little messed up and I always sleep past the sunrise even when I intend to wake before it.
    I never know what to put in these things. I write songs!

activia is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nady View Post
    Doesn't staring into the sun burn your retinas or something?
    The sun is signifcantly weaker at sunrise/sunset... wonder if that has anything to do with it? I know I look at the sun during sunrise and sunset with no pain
    Primal since March 2011

Female/29 years old/5' 1"/130ish lbs

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    Judging by that video image, the sun is probably weaker when shrouded in smoke coming out of that smokestack, too. I think just getting some sun on your bare skin each day is probably better than burning your retinas staring right into it.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Highest squat: 167.5 x 2. Current Deadlift: 190 x 3

carlh is offline Senior Member
    Isn't this just really about getting your body to make enough vitamin D in a natural way instead of with supplements? Can't personally see how staring INTO the sun is useful.

rhee is offline Senior Member
    D3 effects your mood and appetite so natural sunlight is wonderful and I can see why it makes people happy staring at the sun. I do not think it is a food replacement. By that logic, there would be no starving kids in Africa because they can survive on sunlight. As we all know, that is not the case.
    I never trust a guru that claims to defy the laws of nature and I would certainly never follow their example. The guy on the video claimed it is possible to live on sunlight simply because one other person has. I would need a little more proof than that in order to give up food.

Owly is offline Senior Member
    I had to check the date to make sure this wasn't an April Fools post.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

rhee is offline Senior Member
    There are really people that believe they can survive on sunlight. I watched a wife swap a few years back that starred a vegan sun eater. She was a perfect example of someone starving her brain of necessary fatty acids.

jakey is offline Senior Member
    you know those doctors who call bullshit on this stuff in the video? i'm with them. i love sunshine. i cannot photosynthesize, as i am not a plant. i eat food.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast