Thread: Cayenne pepper page

barryman9000 is offline Senior Member

Primal Fuel

Does anyone eat a lot of Cayenne pepper? I'm hearing about all kinds of health benefits.

Daemonized is offline Senior Member

Cayenne is a little weak for my tastes, but I eat a hell of a lot of habanero and bhut jolokia. I carry powdered habanero everywhere I go and put it on anything that I eat with meat or eggs (which means I use a lot of it two or three times a day).

Some of the people in the Paleo community will not eat them because they fall under the nightshade family along with tomatoes. So, if you're concerned with that then they're not for you.

All the old wives tales about peppers eating out the stomach lining are wrong. If they were true, I'd have none left at all. Some people do get heart burn, but I suffer no ill effects. It's meant to help the metabolism a little, ward off certain types of cancers, and has lots of vitamin C.

The real reason that I eat peppers though is that I love the taste and the heat. Fact is I'm addicted and food doesn't taste right without them now. I even have a tattoo that has peppers as part of it.

So, in my opinion eat all the peppers that you want. Just don't try taking mine away from me.

OnTheBayou is offline Senior Member
    Sarasota, Florida, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

If you like it, use it.

If you are expecting miracles, forget it.

Meanwhile, I'm off to harvest another red rip jalapeno in a pot by the pool..........

ny2001miata is offline Junior Member

I put cayenne on almost everything, it's tasty and great for the circulation.

JamieRose is offline Member

I freaking love cayenne pepper, on scarmbled eggs, on salad, on pretty much anything. I say eat it if you like it, I've never noticed any ill side effects- but it really can be addicting!

Agatsu is offline Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

@Daemonized - Jolokia?!? Outstanding!

Your goals, minus your doubts, equals your reality.
    - Ralph Marston