Thread: Lots of butter on my omelete plan page

huntingBears is offline Senior Member

Lots of butter on my omelete plan

Shop Now
    Hi guys, it's 12 30 at night in england, since coming back home to my parents for easter I have been binging on chocolate and crisps a little bit as its what my mum buys and I can't help it right now
    So my plan tomorrow is to have my usual 2 white 3 yolk omelete and spinach but this time add lots and lots of butter to sate my hunger, about 100 - 150 grams, about 750 - 1200 calories and then hopefully IF at least till dinner
    Will this stop me binging? or is it a bad idea?
    I will check this tomorrow morning after I get up!
    cheers
    If man made it, don't eat it

jo
    jo is offline Senior Member
    Why not just take your mum shopping and get some of the food you like. Most mothers I know just want to make their bambinos happy - lol.

Meatgrrrl is offline Senior Member
    Mark says not to do IF until your appetite settles down a bit... so how about you go higher fats for a week over Easter so you're not tempted by the crisps and choc so much... and then get stricter once you've left?

Eating high fat for one meal after packing in the carbs, then trying to IF is like asking for disappointment. Remember this is a lifestyle choice, not a fad diet you hop on and off. You binged? Ok get back to cleaner eating but don't set yourself up to fail!
    Eat lots of nice healthy high fat foods, stay full and satisfied. It's a win win situation!

jakey is offline Senior Member
    you're not going about this the right way, and this is a recipe for disaster. you're binging on bad food right now, at 12:30am, and planning on eating a huge breakfast with extra calories in a few hours? come on, that's not the right way to go about an IF...

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jakey View Post
    you're not going about this the right way, and this is a recipe for disaster. you're binging on bad food right now, at 12:30am, and planning on eating a huge breakfast with extra calories in a few hours? come on, that's not the right way to go about an IF...
    I agree that IF may not be the answer here. However, sometimes I do find that when I get a bit off track a high fat, moderate protein meal can often reel me back in so the breakfast may be a good plan. Personally I would follow it up with a primal meal at lunch and at dinner to make sure I'm off the binge rails before trying any IF.
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

LenitaUllrich is offline Junior Member
    Eating high fat for one meal after packing in the carbs

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    If you're bingeing on crisps when you're NOT hungry now, how will filling up on an omelet stop you from bingeing more? Don't get me wrong, the omelet sounds yummy, but I don't think its the answer to your situation

Put the crisps down and back away slowly.
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    Eat the omelette without the mountain of butter for breakfast, then eat some protein and plenty of veggies fried in butter for lunch. Same amount of calories, but more nutrition.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

lordgrover is offline Member
    Huge quantities of butter is never the answer, surely? And what's happened to the third egg white/albumen?
    Lean protein and good fats is where it's at, surely.

FWIW, I'm coming from a body building background and IF was alien to me. I was used to six or seven 'balanced' meals every three hours. I'd get cranky if I was half an hour late. Within a few weeks of going paleo/primal I'm happily going 18 hours without food twice a week and the fat's pretty much dropping off. Since January I've lost c. 12kgs, 3" from my waist and friends and colleagues have said how well I look.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    UP YOUR EGG COUNT.....Go to six whole eggs (2-3 is barely even an appetizer not even 200 calories of good animal food there) fried up in 2 tablespoons of butter (not sure on the grams that makes). Then eat again when your hungry. You don't have to wait till dinner. Eat when hungry till satiated then stop till your hungry again. If this leads you to skipping some meals then so be it. If not, that is fine too.

Butter is great and all, but I might even suggest frying up some fatty meat in the morning and cooking your eggs in the residual fat that is left in the pan. THAT is good egging. Oh, and throwing in some feta with that spinach is pretty awesome if your OK with a bit of cheese.