Thread: New challenge for 30 days page

AppalachianMatt is offline Senior Member

Primal Fuel

I am a newbie to this lifestyle but in a few short weeks since I began this lifestyle change I can already feel the differences. I feel healthier and I feel more in tune with everything that surrounds. Sounds new age hippie right?

I've decided for thirty days to give up a few things and see how I feel.

No coffee- I love coffee.

No junk food- at work it's everywhere

No soft drinks- again everywhere at work

No alcohol- don't drink much but still

No fast food.

I typically don't eat a lot of fast food but with my job of always traveling and being on the go it's the only choice. Junk food is always a prob;em b/c I have the world's largest sweet tooth and it's everywhere in the office. My co-workers wonder why they can't lose weight. Alcohol has become synonomous with my in-laws family functions for some reason. I like to drink but its only 30 days and an expensive habit. Coffee is a daily ritual which will be the hardest for me to give up but again it's only 30 days.

These all sound like easy things to give up when you think about it. I understand what these things do to our bodies but again when you grow up with these things so easily at your disposal it can be hard habit to break. But again it's only thirty days.

Today is a new day. You will get out of it just what you put into it. If you have made mistakes, there is always another chance for you. And supposing you have tried and failed again and again, you may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing we call 'Failure' is not the falling down, but the staying down.

Mary Pickford

primalmom is offline Member
    hey AppMatt, do you want to start a Group here for ATL to make it easier to find each other ? I am really glad you guys started the thread for a gathering
    PrimalMom
    Check out my new blog at http://primalmom.blogspot.com