Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Weight Loss is Very Slow...Why?? page 2

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    Shop Now
    Dairy doesn't work for me. You could try doing the leptin reset and/or intermittent fasting- fasting helps burns fat pretty well and can help reduce hunger also. I've found the less exposure to insulin the better though you do still need to be primal, exercise etc. You could also try a brief Atkins Fat Fast now or later when it gets cold out:
    Atkins Article : The Fat Fast

aimdentalproject is offline Junior Member
    My weight loss is slow when I go over 80g of carbs per day.

StackingPlates is offline Senior Member
    Which would make complete sense if you weren't being inverse with your fat consumption.

Rebbeca A. Qualls is offline Junior Member
    I was 300 pounds, but I do not eat less than my 130 pound friend. Does the number of counts, it is calories.

My friends would constantly snack and eat 8 times a day, when the little old 300 pounds, then I try to look only to a small hamburger and French fries and a small chocolate bar for lunch. I was thinking chocolate bar for breakfast gives me the energy to take in the morning, but eventually I would like very hungry, and until I found that spiking my insulin levels in the presence of sugar will cause the collapse of the stone.

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    Hi Stella...I believe dairy products may be contributing to your problem. Here's a good article to help you understand. Also go light on the nuts.Good luck!

What About Dairy - CrossFit Rockwall

Eliminate all dairy except parmesan & try intermittent fasting. Calorie cycling might also be a useful tweak- more one day, less the next. Check your body fat %, that is what you really want to track.

teach2183 is offline Senior Member
    If I go too low carb for too long, I get depressed and stop losing weight. Moving up to 75g or so might help you. Have you tried IF? I frequently do a super easy version with dinner over before 6 and no breakfast until 7:30/8. Have you looked at the other tenets of PB - sleep, stress, play, etc?

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    I suspect the weight *gain* wasn't fast and steady either. Give it another 3-4 weeks, and really listen to your body. Eat primal foods when you're hungry, DO NOT EAT when you're NOT hungry. This way you'll be eating what your body asks for. Food you eat when you're not hungry is unecessary. Don't eat snacks and mini-meals to stave off hunger. Let yourself get hungry, truly hungry, at least once a day. Then eat a real meal and get nice and full. Carry on with your day. There is no magic here.
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

Quote Originally Posted by PaleoPenn View Post
    I did Atkins maybe 10 years ago, lost 20 lbs then put it all back on. I think your carbs AND cals are too low. Shoot for 100-125 carb, 1800-2000 cal range. You may be in starvation mode? Don't worry about the exercise just yet, learn to eat Primal first.

I love nuts too but they really flatlined my weightloss.
    No there really may be no such thing as "starvation mode".
    Starvation Mode – Why You Probably Never Need to Worry About It | Fitness Black Book

Reduce/eliminate dairy and try calorie/carb cycling- eat no carbs a few days a week and see if that helps. Intermittent fasting also & cold thermogenesis.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    No, Darth, no! Next you'll tell me Santa Claus isn't diabetic!

I'm one of those for whom low-carb has worked, but it worked slowly. I'm also a young-ish, active male. I do carb load every few days, or when it feels right - like after sprinting. I also get enough iodine by eating seafood and seaweed a few times a week to keep my thyroid running well. Got to baby that thyroid, it is a crucial key to staying trim. More so for women, it seems judging by threads I've seen here.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12