Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Primal Journal- Cris page 2

Spiralicious is offline Senior Member
    Welcome back! Sorry to hear you've been struggling, but it's great that you're still trying I don't have any deep insights for you or anything, just want you to know you've got some support here! Best of luck.

CrisN99 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiralicious View Post
    Welcome back! Sorry to hear you've been struggling, but it's great that you're still trying I don't have any deep insights for you or anything, just want you to know you've got some support here! Best of luck.

Thanks! I am going to do it this time.
    Cris

Start: 221
    CW: 215
    Goal: 150
    5'3 , 31 years old.

Day Three:

Yesterday was a HUGE WIN! I was probably about 75% primal, IN my calorie budget and decided to log my calories before I had that cookie I wanted. Seeing that I was within my budget for the day made me realize that it IS possible. So no cookie and off to bed I went. With a great big grin on my face.

I weighed in today (just to check) Could I really be down from 221 to 215? The scale says it is so. Not going to officially count it until Monday, which is my weigh in day. But the little peek has pysched me up! I will stay off of it the rest of the week so fluctuations don't get me down. Just knowing its doing a downward spiral is enough for now.

Today is Halloween. I had a few pieces of caramel and everything else went into the bowl at work for my clients and their kids. They were delicious and I do not feel guilty about a small indulgence for the holiday. Back to business now, I have a lunch date with dear old Dad and he said I could choose the spot- so no issues getting a pretty good meal there- without bread and they have a very decent iced tea.

Supper tonight will be grilled pork chops, green beans and broccoli with cheese. YUM!!

I had a headache last night, and a bit of one today. I doubt it is carb flu- because frankly, they just aren't low enough to get there (I hover around 120). I'm heading in the right direction though. Forgot my supps yesterday- but got them in this morning. Why does fish oil just overall make me feel better? Also added some iron. I am bruising like crazy lately. Stupid anemia.
    Cris

5'3 , 31 years old.

Day Four!

Still here.

Yesterday was more carby than I wanted- but today I will do better. I am still trying to be mostly primal in all meals and absolutely primal at supper. Its been working out pretty well. I sat the office candy bowl WAY out of reach in the middle of the lobby so that the clients can see it, but I can't. Out of sight, out of mind is working!

More headache today. I am drinking loads of water and normal amounts of caffiene. Carbs still aren't low enough (IMO) to be causing a carb flu. I am thinking I may be experiencing some change-of-weather symptoms as it gets colder here in the Mid-South. I am determined to continue on.

If only I had a go-to primal breakfast for mornings when leftovers are not an option. I will scour the boards for just such a thing here in a few minutes. Bacon is not my favorite thing in the world )although I am currently raising two home fed pigs now for my freezer- I am more of a pork chop girl. And ham. Who doesn't love ham?

Off to search and get my MDA fix.

Have a fantastic day, I know I will!
    Cris

5'3 , 31 years old.

Day Five!(I will stop counting eventually- for now its fun! )

Scoured the boards and had a complete DUH! moment. My breakfast for the next several days will be----- Beef and veggie stew!! Easy (as in crockpot) and when I get tired of it I can freeze and thaw it out later on in the month. Will be searching the forum for more tips on that today.

Yesterdays supper was decidely not primal. Will be sitting down this weekend and plotting out more menu ideas so that it will be effortless to stay on plan. I just need a few weeks of compliance to help set this habit in motion. Still soda free. YAY!! Weekend approaches and with it, a more relaxed eating schedule. I am looking forward to it.
    Cris

5'3 , 31 years old.

Throw a weekend in and I have lost count of days- LOL

But here I am, checking in!

I maintained my weightloss over the weekend and was definitely more 20% than 80 when it comes to primal. Long past are the days where I beat myself up for noncompliance, though. I have plenty of good things planned for this week.

And one HUGE win from the weekend is no eating out- except before church. Usually I eat out three times on the weekend and that didn't happen this weekend, so I am thrilled with that.

Lots of positive changes.
    Cris

5'3 , 31 years old.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I got off track the past two days when the Husband was off work. Pizza last night- and *gasp* a Pepsi the night before. UGH! I enjoyed it thoroughly though and have picked back up the Primal strings.

Here is the plan. The best breakfast for me (as far as avoiding cravings goes) is a fried egg sandwich. So I am using those two slices of bread as my 20% and being completely compliant the rest of the day. This works out because I can't use junk as my 20% on the premise that its already been used. Somehow, that works out really well for my head.

Will avoid weighing until Monday. Let the bloat fall off and to get myself back to where I need to be. No need to let the scale tell me what I already know. I screwed up.

Happy Veterans Day!
    Cris

5'3 , 31 years old.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12