Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A couple bits of flawed logic in the book? page 3

Kryz is offline Junior Member

Primal Fuel

FoD sounds like Cannibal Holocaust...which I probably will never watch because I've heard it's really really disgusting and horrific.

Sister Grok Guest

Yep, Kryz, it's not really worth it, I love horror, but it was just viscerally ugh. And not in the fun kind of way!

At least people ate the monkey brains when they were filming Cannibal Holocaust, better than just throwing them away..

NoSaladWithoutMeat is offline Senior Member

Avocado, live! Barbaric, isn't it? Primal as fuck! :P

LX, in Terry Pratchett we trust! His humouristic parodies on life always have a sarcastic truth to them. And if you ask me it makes a lot of sense that we live on a flat disc resting on four elephants who in turn are on a giant turtle who's gliding through space. Makes a lot more sense than this scientific mumbo jumbo I hear from NASA!

I did enjoy Hannibal Lector eating the brain of a live man... But animals don't deserve such cruelty from humans. They're mostly pure and innocent and want to survive in this horrible man made world that we've already made impossible to survive in. I'm not sure how you can go on with your life after doing that to a poor defenceless monkey.

I've also seen a youtube video where a bunch of Chinese people are roasting an African man and eating it. Both real. They were laughing too. So freaking weird... They weren't tribal or anything. They had hats, khakis and buttoned shirts.

I've never for a second doubted that people aren't 'better' than animals. They're... we're the cruelest most dangerous animals of them all.

There comes a time when you become so fat and sick that you're suddenly willing to listen.

Unsolicited Advice Is Welcome Here.

avocado is offline Senior Member

Ugh ick urggh, I'm sorry I've read the thread now!

hoyt22 Guest

Pffff... American pussies !! You think brain is an exotic thing.. pfff.. I have had brains for breakfast thousands of time ever since I was a kid..

aubergine Guest

I'm new to this an just reading the book but the legumes thing is driving me nuts. Folks argue that legumes need to be cooked. Evidently they've never grown peas and eaten the baby new ones off of the vine early in the morning. I expect Grok did too.

It doesn't make sense to me.

GtrBMart is offline Junior Member

The argument isn't "all things that need to be cooked aren't natural and, therefore, are bad for you." The reason for excluding legumes (and similarly, grains) is that there are compounds in legumes called lectins that leach essential vitamins and minerals into our intestines. Cooking them just makes them more edible. Still bad for you.

aubergine Guest

Thanks. I'll read some more

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123