Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Milk and body fat? page

adamm is offline Senior Member

Milk and body fat?

Is there a connexion between dairy and stalling out on weight loss? I'm trying to figure out if this is all in my head or not.

Generally, self impression is that when I go dairy free I feel like I become more lean, and when I do partake of dairy regularly, I tend to, uhm, increase body fat.

I don't know if this is all in my mind, or if this is a possible "known truth" about some people and how they react to dairy. I don't have lactose intolerance (as far as I know), and I don't feel like I have less energy when I drink milk. I just seem to get tubby.

--Me

touchdowntodd is offline Senior Member
    many of us, myself included do not lose weight when taking in dairy ... that being said i gave it up when i switched over and besides butter or occasional heavy cream in small amounts i have none ..

other things like nuts, fruit, etc sometimes slow weight loss too .. change 1 thing at a time and see what works!

milk = cow puss .. not designed for you
    started at 310 July 23rd 2011 ... workin and workin!

my journal - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread34980.html

MrRoberts is offline Member
    I definitely stalled on my fat-loss if consuming dairy products especially yoghurt and it gave me that puffy look.

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    Dairy messes my body up on all levels. Are you constipated? It has that effect also in addition to making you fat.

Grixx is offline Junior Member
    Milk does negatively effect my body. It makes me hold onto water and I do gain weight.

I have no problem with fermented milk products. I eat lots of cheese and lots of yogurt. No problems at all.

jakey is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by adamm View Post
    Generally, self impression is that when I go dairy free I feel like I become more lean, and when I do partake of dairy regularly, I tend to, uhm, increase body fat.
    trust yourself!

jem51 is offline Senior Member
    I'm good w dairy and dumped those last #'s when reduced meat and added more dairy.

lorichka6 is offline Senior Member
    Go with the n=1 result - doesn't matter what it does to other people If you get puffy after eating it, don't eat it. But I think you will find that many others agree with you. My own little n=1... I cut dairy and simultaneously seriously fell of the paleo wagon in the form of sugar (but still kept out dairy - think too many pints of coconut ice cream, dark chocolate and skittles - sigh). In the last 3 months I think I have consumed 1-2k "extra" calories per week compared to what I used to eat and have managed to not gain weight... part of me thinks it is the lack of dairy that is somehow connected. Could be a crap theory though.

adamm is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fiercehunter View Post
    Dairy messes my body up on all levels. Are you constipated? It has that effect also in addition to making you fat.
    To be honest, I don't think I've ever been constipated in my entire life. I tend to be on the looser side of things

Also, as a type 1 diabetic, skipping dairy (heavy cream) in the morning with my coffee lowers my insulin requirements by 50%. Dairy in the evening, however, with a meal, doesn't have any impact.

--Me

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    yep it did for me, even small amounts.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast