Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Loosing weight but gaining body fat page 2

lil_earthmomma is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by greenmanspirit View Post
    I actually tried to teach myself not to use salad dressing but that is admittedly boring lol. I will probably give this a try because it is simple enough for my tight morning schedule.
    Ew, I love dressings WAY too much to live without them, and find naked salad boring at best, usually bitter and dry.

I make my own dressings once a week.

Primal ranch? Easy.

1 cup homemade mayonnaise 1/4 cup sour cream
    1/4 cup buttermilk
    1/2 teaspoon dried chives
    1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
    1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
    1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
    1/4 teaspoon onion powder
    1/8 teaspoon salt
    1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
    The more I see the less I know for sure.
    -John Lennon

ASmallOne is offline Senior Member
    this is a strange response for me, but are you eating more lean protein (at the expense of eating fat?). i've noticed that i start to be more "poofy" if i let my protein get "too high" for more than a day or too in a row. which can be easy to do because the lean protein is not as satiating. although i generally have very high protein anyway, i find that i stay leaner when i'm eating mid-fat/high fat choices-- like chicken thighs without skin, duck, fatty fish, rabbit-- that i do on either very high fat choices (lamb, chuck steak, brisket) or very low fat choices (tilapia, chicken breast, etc.). a little from either group doesn't seem to bother me an iota, but if I make a habit of consuming either exclusively it's hello pudge.
    Check out my new webpage: The Carnivore Runner
    Friend me on "The Facebook"
    Follow me on Twitter!

For customized training / nutritional plans for runners from a former athlete who has personal experience in dealing with severe food allergies, please email me at foxATtinybikeDOTnet. I am ISA certified as a personal trainer and have coached many runners at the recreational or young-competitor level to towards their goals! Most of all, I'd love to help you with yours.

greenmanspirit is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lil_earthmomma View Post
    Ew, I love dressings WAY too much to live without them, and find naked salad boring at best, usually bitter and dry.

I make my own dressings once a week.

Primal ranch? Easy.

1 cup homemade mayonnaise 1/4 cup sour cream
    1/4 cup buttermilk
    1/2 teaspoon dried chives
    1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
    1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
    1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
    1/4 teaspoon onion powder
    1/8 teaspoon salt
    1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
    I will have to try that, my biggest roadblock right now is the mayo. I have tried making it a few times and it either comes out tasting to much like the oil or so runny that I can't spread it right. On my next paycheck I plan to buy a whole lot of ingredients and just play with it till I get it right.

Quote Originally Posted by ASmallOne View Post
    this is a strange response for me, but are you eating more lean protein (at the expense of eating fat?). i've noticed that i start to be more "poofy" if i let my protein get "too high" for more than a day or too in a row. which can be easy to do because the lean protein is not as satiating. although i generally have very high protein anyway, i find that i stay leaner when i'm eating mid-fat/high fat choices-- like chicken thighs without skin, duck, fatty fish, rabbit-- that i do on either very high fat choices (lamb, chuck steak, brisket) or very low fat choices (tilapia, chicken breast, etc.). a little from either group doesn't seem to bother me an iota, but if I make a habit of consuming either exclusively it's hello pudge.
    Interesting. I usually eat a lot of lean meats rather than ones with a mid to high fat content. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if I am not getting enough fat. I did find a bag of boneless skinless chicken thighs the other day at Sam's Club (I know, not the best quality but what I can afford) and I have noticed that I am reaching for them more often than the breast I have in the freezer now so maybe my body is telling me to cut back on the lean meat.

Isabel1989 is offline Junior Member
    Hey people I need some help here! I too experience the same thing, ie losing weight but gaining body fat. I did the measurement of hips/neck/forearm/waist ratio at regular interval and the calculation really threw me off. I had lost 2kg in 1mth but I gained a total of 2% body fat. I am on a 60% fat (80-90g), 30% protein (70-80g) and 10% carbo (40-50g)...

What could be the reason???

WIChuck is offline Member
    No matter what the calculations are, it's very unlikely that you are consistently losing weight and gaining fat. If you lost about 1 lb per week (.5 kg per week), it's very unlikely you are actually gaining fat.

IMHO, calculations and body fat measurement scales are less effective than visual assessments of weight loss.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12