Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cheat meal hell page

lardomuncher is offline Senior Member

Cheat meal hell

Primal Fuel
    My wife and I are moving to a new apartment, all the kitchen stuff was packed up, we were tired so decided to exersise a little 80/20 and get some pizza and beer for dinner. I figured what the heck let's live a little. To be exact I had a steak and cheese sub, some pizza and 3 beers over the evening. Ooh boy am I feeling sorry. Stomach hurts, horrible heartburn, belching, food and acid coming up into my mouth. I can't believe I used to eat like this all the time. Can't wait for this to go away. Going to unpack my kitchen stuff at the new place, go food shopping and never ear that crap ever again. Thanks for reading my little rant.

lucy1984 is offline Senior Member
    I ate a fair bit chocolate and chips and cheese crackers at a party on Saturday night (you know, over a few hours a fair bit can be put away), and felt ill all Sunday. Like, couldn't sleep sat night, felt hungover Sun morning (in spite of not drinking), and my gut felt sick all day, like I'd irritated my stomach lining.

I am so glad to be two days back into healthy primal eating!

AussieNana is offline Member
    At the weekend I ate one chocolate biscuit and suffered wind for hours. Won't do that again.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    sweet jesus! that list makes MY stomach hurt, and I didn't eat it.

AngloPaleo is offline Member
    Well, see it as a injection of new motivation! In a way, it feels great to see how far your body has come in its de-tox... and you probably won't crave beer or pizza again soon.

Yesterday, I fell off track for the first time in 6 weeks of very clean eating. I had to stay late at the office and pack for a holiday, and the extra stress tipped me over - I ate a whole bag of sweets. Chewy, milky sweets with dairy, although I take dairy very well.

I think the point is that I did not have any grains, gluten or bran... I do not suffer from any medical conditions, and sugary 'candy' seems much easier to digest for me than baked goods. I had the "sugar sweats" for 1/2 hour and ate a big lump of creamed coconut and a leftover beef patty, which must have prevented the sugar crash.

While I don't feel great this morning and certainly don't want to do it again, I feel pretty ok for someone's who's got 3 1/2 hours on top of the binge. I'm very much not hungry, so I think I won't eat until dinner and be fine. Most importantly, I feel fine psychologically - none of that ugly, ugly post-binge spiralling guilt that would probably have got me a few years ago

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    Haha, had me some skyline chili coneys with chili cheese fries over the weekend. Gut bomb for at least a couple of days before I felt normal. You know what is sick about a cheat meal for me anyhow, is the noxious sort of addictive response to eat more crap food even though it makes you feel like shyte. Just never get quite right until you have that good Primal meal to get back on track.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    What I find so incredible about reactions to 'cheats' is that this kind of food never did this to me when I was seating SAD. Makes me realize how acclimatized my body must have been. It was probably like living in a war zone, hunkered down, able to take anything that didn't kill me outright. Severed head in my path(chili cheese dog with fake cheese and wheat bun)? I'm still alive, so I'll just kick it out of the way. Bomb exploding right behind me (Halloween candy!)? Hey, I'm still staggering forward! Everything's good. Now my body is living a quiet life in the suburbs: good air, time, resources. If a shelf falls over in the living room, I'm going to react!

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    What I find so incredible about reactions to 'cheats' is that this kind of food never did this to me when I was seating SAD. Makes me realize how acclimatized my body must have been. It was probably like living in a war zone, hunkered down, able to take anything that didn't kill me outright. Severed head in my path(chili cheese dog with fake cheese and wheat bun)? I'm still alive, so I'll just kick it out of the way. Bomb exploding right behind me (Halloween candy!)? Hey, I'm still staggering forward! Everything's good. Now my body is living a quiet life in the suburbs: good air, time, resources. If a shelf falls over in the living room, I'm going to react!
    Exactly. Just cause you couldn't perceive the damage doesn't mean you were immune to it....acclimatized is EXACTLY right.

touchdowntodd is offline Senior Member
    jesus ... sounds like hell to me

its not my call because we all make our own decisions, but i always viewed the 20% (10% tops in my case) as cheats that are still arguably primal .. more sweet potatoes, more fruit, etc ... not the random stuff like pizza etc..
    started at 310 July 23rd 2011 ... workin and workin!

my journal - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread34980.html

lssanjose is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by touchdowntodd View Post
    jesus ... sounds like hell to me

its not my call because we all make our own decisions, but i always viewed the 20% (10% tops in my case) as cheats that are still arguably primal .. more sweet potatoes, more fruit, etc ... not the random stuff like pizza etc..
    Interesting take, on the 20%!
    If you have a problem with what you read: 1. Get a dictionary 2. Don't read it 3. Grow up 4. After 3, go back to 1/ or 2. -- Dennis Blue. | "I don't care about your opinion, only your analysis"- Professor Calabrese. | "Life is more important than _______" - Drew | I eat animals that eat vegetables -- Matt Millen, former NFL Linebacker. | "This country is built on sugar & shit that comes in a box marinated in gluten - abc123

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast