Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I did the Tough Mudder! - And why it's primal page

Liam is offline Member

I did the Tough Mudder! - And why it's primal

Primal Fuel
    I completed the Tough Mudder in Melbourne this weekend. A year ago I couldn't run around the block and was 30kg+ heavier. Now at 40 years of age I'm the fittest, strongest and probably healthiest I've ever been. Not yet the thinnest, but I'm getting there

Why the Tough Mudder is primal
    - You're with your tribe. You don't get timed and you complete the course with your team. Indeed you can't really do it without your team as you need each other to get you over/through obstacles. This makes it a shared experience and gives you a huge sense of camaraderie.
    - You're in the moment. Instead of just "turning them over" and focusing on the finish line, you're always focused on what's going on right now. Never a dull moment.
    - You're in the elements. There's something about fire, ice, hot sun, cold wind, plus crawling, wading and running through mud that connects you to nature
    - You're doing natural movement. Climbing, crawling, running, walking, swimming. Also using your brain.
    - You're playing. Some obstacles are scary. Most are fun. Overall I had a blast.

Noctiluca is offline Senior Member
    I've been thinking of doing one this summer! I really really should just go sign up.

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Congratulations! My boyfriend signed up for one in May, but can't do it now because he had surgery on his shoulder in January. If he was primal, I bet the pain would be at a manageable level by now (no inflammation, which is likely the cause) and he could've done the course =P
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

andyTHFC is offline Member
    Would love to do one. The only problem is getting a team together....I'm guessing my friends won't be up for it. Anyone in Chicago interested in getting a team together??

Uppy is offline Member
    Andy, which one are you looking at doing?

tim_1522 is offline Senior Member
    Sounds great!

Too bad I'm such an introvert...
    Re-focusing on the Primal Lifestyle in 2012!

Starting: 221.0lb, 29.5% BF (1/9/2012)
    Latest: 208.9, 26.1% BF (3/19/2012)

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread35679.html

andyTHFC is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Uppy View Post
    Andy, which one are you looking at doing?
    The only one I could realistically fit in this year would be Wisconsin in September. Otherwise, I'm more than likely lookin' at 2013. You signed up for one?

Uppy is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by andyTHFC View Post
    The only one I could realistically fit in this year would be Wisconsin in September. Otherwise, I'm more than likely lookin' at 2013. You signed up for one?
    Went a little overboard and signed up for three - Twin Cities in May(actually in Wisconsin!), Indiana in June, and Wisconsin in September. Not really a fast mover just yet, so just looking to challenge myself and have some fun with some like-minded people.

Beebster is offline Junior Member
    Liam. Thats awesome! I just signed up my team for the Norcal Tough Mudder in Sep. What did you do to train? How much running should I expect?

LenitaUllrich is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Too bad I'm such an introvert

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast