Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast

Thread: Justaseeker's Journal page 21

justaseeker is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    I am glad to hear that you are settling in down south. I want to simplify this year too. That and home repair is my big plan for the summer.

I am only doing about 1 mg of iodine / day. It seems to be enough for now. The biggest change for me has been in my period. Since I got my copper IUD 8 yrs ago, I have had very heavy bleeding which left me exhausted in the least but often scared me too. They got even worse after I started coumadin. Anyway after three months of iodine there has been a great improvement in this area.
    Thanks, Paula. That's great news about the iodine helping you that way! If that's the only benefit you get, its well worth it.
    I feel like I ought to be wearing a bumper sticker that says: "Don't follow me I am lost." I am just a seeker like everyone else.

Justaseeker's Journal:

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post778214

Iodine Research and Application Group:

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/group134.html

Pamsc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by justaseeker View Post
    Making a long, complicated story short, I am back on the road again headed for a quick round trip to MI. I am tying up some loose ends there so that I can focus on life in the South for the next few years until my husband retires. I'll spare you the details - so lets just say that turning 60 (this fall) is promising to be more of an 'event' than I had anticipated. Seems like a major life transition is in store for me - and I am embracing the changes. The theme seems to be "simplify".
    Wow, that is a big change. Glad you found a new doctor already and are settling in. I simplified when we moved hoping it would reduce my stress levels to be surrounded by a peaceful environment (on my level of the house, my husband lives on the lower level). It has helped a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamsc View Post
    Wow, that is a big change. Glad you found a new doctor already and are settling in. I simplified when we moved hoping it would reduce my stress levels to be surrounded by a peaceful environment (on my level of the house, my husband lives on the lower level). It has helped a lot.
    Yep, lots of change - and my stress levels are high right now - and simplifying does help a lot. I'll be back on the road headed South tomorrow morning. I hope this is my last cross country road trip for awhile - but life seems to be especially hard to predict right now. At least I have been able to stick with the primal diet throughout everything and that helps, too.
    I feel like I ought to be wearing a bumper sticker that says: "Don't follow me I am lost." I am just a seeker like everyone else.

Justaseeker's Journal:

Gwynn is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by justaseeker View Post
    Yep, lots of change - and my stress levels are high right now - and simplifying does help a lot. I'll be back on the road headed South tomorrow morning. I hope this is my last cross country road trip for awhile - but life seems to be especially hard to predict right now. At least I have been able to stick with the primal diet throughout everything and that helps, too.
    justaseeker,

So glad you are getting settled in nicely. Sorry about your quick round trip, sounds like a doozy!

Simplifying sounds like a little bit of heaven. My DH keeps wanting to retire, but it's tough to pull the trigger. We both fantasize about selling everything and riding off into the sunset.

DH and I are still doing 50 mg of Iodine. I finally got the ATP co-factors and got the companion supplements right. Still no change in his problems. I did notice quite a release of chemicals about a day or two into taking the co-factors. Had no idea how important they were. Anyway, not giving up just trying to remember it's a "journey." Just have to convince DH of that though.LOL

Have a safe trip south!
    Gwynn

Quote Originally Posted by Gwynn View Post
    justaseeker,

So glad you are getting settled in nicely. Sorry about your quick round trip, sounds like a doozy!

Simplifying sounds like a little bit of heaven. My DH keeps wanting to retire, but it's tough to pull the trigger. We both fantasize about selling everything and riding off into the sunset.

DH and I are still doing 50 mg of Iodine. I finally got the ATP co-factors and got the companion supplements right. Still no change in his problems. I did notice quite a release of chemicals about a day or two into taking the co-factors. Had no idea how important they were. Anyway, not giving up just trying to remember it's a "journey." Just have to convince DH of that though.LOL

Have a safe trip south!
    Gwynn
    Thanks, Gwynn. The trip was fine. Have been quite busy getting settled in now, unpacking, etc. Still feeling stressed but you know, one day at a time......

Glad to hear that you and DH are doing 50 mg and have the whole protocol on board now. Please keep us updated.

Justaseeker's Journal:

Quick update. I made the visit this week to the new local MD, the one who my pharmacist recommended as natural thyroid friendly. I LOVE HER! She is also pro low carb diet and was totally supportive of my whole wellness/medical plan! She likes my whole approach. Plus, she offers the allergy immunotherapy that I had planned to do some day (I did it once 25 years ago but wanted to redo it it now with the newer approaches) through her clinic. I was SO pleased that I changed my insurance policy back to the in area network - she is part of my local network - from the more expensive point of service policy I had before. Will save me LOTS of money without sacrificing any quality of care.

Am using the local library wifi today for the first time. Its a bit slow but fine for most uses. I can use the ethernet in my husband's office for other needs when a faster connection is important.

Am staying steady right now with 25 mgs of iodine and have nothing to share there. When I feel more settled, I'll increase to 37.5 mg and keep you posted on any changes.

Justaseeker's Journal:

Gwynn is offline Senior Member
    So glad to hear from you. I hope you get settled in nicely soon. I am so glad you like your new doctor!!! That's huge!!!

I am doing 25mg and DH is doing the 50mg of iodine, but I cannot tell you what a difference having the right companion nutrients has made. I am detoxing chemicals like crazy. I can smell it in the urine. (Sorry!) I was hoping DH would get some results, but nothing yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwynn View Post
    So glad to hear from you. I hope you get settled in nicely soon. I am so glad you like your new doctor!!! That's huge!!!

I am doing 25mg and DH is doing the 50mg of iodine, but I cannot tell you what a difference having the right companion nutrients has made. I am detoxing chemicals like crazy. I can smell it in the urine. (Sorry!) I was hoping DH would get some results, but nothing yet.
    Thanks, Gwynn -

Settling in is going well - but evidently will be a slow, ongoing process. I am just now starting to feel relaxed and my sleep quality is improving. Everyday I do a little something toward creating my new life here - and also make time to just do relaxing things like reading for pleasure.

I find that the only thing that I am missing is the ability that I had before to take the dogs for simple walks around the neighborhood. In MI, most of the streets in my neighborhood had good sidewalks and the area was dog, hike, and bike friendly. That's NOT how the area that I live in now is. I live on a county road in a forested area where predators of various kinds are an issue - and the neighbors let their large, vicious dogs run loose legally. Walking the dogs is not easy to do safely.

Also, the local town doesn't have residential sidewalks - is not bike or hike friendly, other than a designated trail that is about 7 miles long and scenic. So, taking the dogs for a walk is a major event now, but we make time for it three times per week on this trail. That's really only minimal exercise for us but at least we have that right now. I'm hoping to do more with them soon.

Yesterday I went to 37.5 mgs of iodine and so far I don't see much difference from the 25 mg I was doing the previous several weeks, other than the higher dose may be helping me to relax and sleep better. I can't imagine doing the iodine without the companions, so I'm glad that you found the right combo for yourself. Please hang in there with DH, it may simply take more time for him.
    Last edited by justaseeker; 06-22-2012 at 09:15 AM.

Justaseeker's Journal:

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Great to hear from you. Ugh, what a pain about the dog walking.

I'm still doing 1 mg iodine / day. any more than that and I gain wt like crazy. I am working more on getting my hormones into balance. I'm using the protocol in the Schwarzbein Principle II I can't do hormone therapy, but I am eating 6x a day.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Great to hear from you. Ugh, what a pain about the dog walking.

I'm still doing 1 mg iodine / day. any more than that and I gain wt like crazy. I am working more on getting my hormones into balance. I'm using the protocol in the Schwarzbein Principle II I can't do hormone therapy, but I am eating 6x a day.
    Good to hear from you, too.

Yep, its a pain - but you know that saying about necessity being the mother of invention? Well, we're getting inventive and so far so good. The situation is spawning new ideas, like our taking up (again) canoeing and taking the dogs with us - won't be exercise for them but will be stimulating fun for them which is important, too - and it will be exercise for us. We're doing the research and acquisition part now and planning local trips to lakes later this summer or fall. Here we can boat year round. If all goes well, next year we'll take the whole circus on the road for a mountain lake vacation.

My increase to 37.5 mg iodine is going well. Only real change I noted is increase in intense dreams for a few days. That's back to normal now. Seems to be helping my allergies. Will be going to 50 mg in a week or so.

I had my allergy test yesterday and it was "interesting". I need to have it repeated next Monday because I reacted to the negative control that should have not provoked a reaction. We ruled out everything except possible cross contamination of the fluid - she had just cleaned tools and set up the new batch and I was the first one tested. I did NOT react to an injection straight from the vial so I think it IS a case of contamination. Anyway, although the results are NOT valid they are interesting so far.

First of all, I am surprisingly having only mild allergy symptoms without any antihistamines, which had to be stopped for a few days prior to the test. Normally I am pretty sick with allergies here this time of year. So, I am staying off of the antihistamine until after the re-test on Monday. Also, I appear to have several new allergies, including to cat and dog dander (yikes) and several regional things from all categories - trees, weeds, grasses, molds. I had zero reaction to some of my previous allergens that were in my previous immunotherapy, so that's encouraging. Anyway, will share updates when I know more next week.
    Last edited by justaseeker; 06-29-2012 at 01:23 PM.

Justaseeker's Journal:

Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast