Thread: How long do the effects of eating sugar last? page

Comma is offline Senior Member

How long do the effects of eating sugar last?

Primal Fuel
    I'm not too bad about my paleo diet, but I have made the huge mistake of buying a bag of marshmallows for a campfire and naturally ended up breaking down. yes yes I know, never mind.

So if I were to (haha) gobble down a few due to complete and insane addiction my insulin will obviously be all over the place, but when does it calm down again? And vice versa, how long after dinner do I have to wait if I wish to poison myself without letting dinner (good girl: 2 baby carrots, grassfed beef, and 1 artichoke) into the fat cells?

No rudeness. I'm fragile.

Nady is offline Senior Member
    I think this has too many qualifiers~ are you diabetic? How many marshmallows are we talking about? How many grams of sugar? How old are you and how much do you weigh? Are you going to eat them on an empty stomach or as part of a meal?

Best guess, when your blood sugar starts crashing, you'll get hungry. Could be 2 hours or so.

Grixx is offline Junior Member
    I wouldn't worry about it. Smores over a campfire are one of the finer things in life. I would eat dinner at your normal time. Anything you eat triggers an insulin response. Including grass-fed beef. Don't be to afraid of it. Not all of the energy that Insulin stores go into fat cells. It also goes into muscle cells and your liver.

Go ahead and treat yourself to some smorey goodness you'll be glad you did. Just don't make it a daily habit.

Comma is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grixx View Post
    I wouldn't worry about it. Smores over a campfire are one of the finer things in life. I would eat dinner at your normal time. Anything you eat triggers an insulin response. Including grass-fed beef. Don't be to afraid of it. Not all of the energy that Insulin stores go into fat cells. It also goes into muscle cells and your liver.

Go ahead and treat yourself to some smorey goodness you'll be glad you did. Just don't make it a daily habit.
    I SO agree!

I'm 5'8'', 150 lbs, healthy...I don't notice any jittery feelings or anything, but I maybe ate a bit more after dinner than usual.

Thanks!

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Comma View Post
    I SO agree!

I'm 5'8'', 150 lbs, healthy...I don't notice any jittery feelings or anything, but I maybe ate a bit more after dinner than usual.

Thanks!
    Good result!
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.