Thread: eating outside page

saarx1 is offline Senior Member

eating outside

Shop Now
    hey guys.
    about 2-3 times a week im outside and eat outside.
    is it ok if lets say i eat a burger without the buns.. and maybe a salad on the side?

Analog6 is offline Senior Member
    Terranora, far north coast NSW, Australia
    I often do that when I go out. Not perfect but best of the choices at burger places.
    Odille
    F 58 / 170cms / SW 131.5 kgs / Current 112.4/ GW 65
    following Primal Lifestyle and swimming my way to health

My Primal Blog / Photo Blog / RedBubble shop / My Calendars / My Facebook

boxcarguy07 is offline Senior Member
    haha you must mean eating out, like at a restaurant.
    I thought this post was about actually taking the time to go outside to eat. Which I do sometimes, mostly with fruit because for some reason I feel like the sun getting on the fruit I'm eating does something beneficial.
    I never know what to put in these things. I write songs!

lssanjose is offline Senior Member
    Eating out is fine, as long as you know, more or less, what you're getting into. I often have bunless burgers, with a side of extra vegetables.
    If you have a problem with what you read: 1. Get a dictionary 2. Don't read it 3. Grow up 4. After 3, go back to 1/ or 2. -- Dennis Blue. | "I don't care about your opinion, only your analysis"- Professor Calabrese. | "Life is more important than _______" - Drew | I eat animals that eat vegetables -- Matt Millen, former NFL Linebacker. | "This country is built on sugar & shit that comes in a box marinated in gluten - abc123

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    The worst part about eating out is the freaking vegetable oil....I swear they probably throw it on to fry my burger patty in, and dont get me started on trying to get actual olive oil and vin for my salad instead of crap oil. Other than that have at it ......All honesty I just eat whatever the hell I want on the 1-2 occasions/week that I eat out.

Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    The worst part about eating out is the freaking vegetable oil....I swear they probably throw it on to fry my burger patty in, and dont get me started on trying to get actual olive oil and vin for my salad instead of crap oil. Other than that have at it ......All honesty I just eat whatever the hell I want on the 1-2 occasions/week that I eat out.
    What you mention is one of the reasons why I rarely go out to eat, anymore. I just don't know what they use to make their stuff. I was a little bummed sweet potato fries weren't in the gluten free menu at Red Robin, which makes me go hmmm at the very thought of, what in those has gluten? I know it makes a mention of the steak potato fries, but not the sweet potato variety.. I also turn down their "secret" sauce for the fries, too; and then, opt for straight mustard, instead.
    If you have a problem with what you read: 1. Get a dictionary 2. Don't read it 3. Grow up 4. After 3, go back to 1/ or 2. -- Dennis Blue. | "I don't care about your opinion, only your analysis"- Professor Calabrese. | "Life is more important than _______" - Drew | I eat animals that eat vegetables -- Matt Millen, former NFL Linebacker. | "This country is built on sugar & shit that comes in a box marinated in gluten - abc123

activia is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    I went to a chilli's and when I asked for olive oil and vinegar, they actually gave me a glass bottle that said EVOO right on it. I was secretly jumping up and down.
    Primal since March 2011

Female/29 years old/5' 1"/130ish lbs

spughy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lssanjose View Post
    What you mention is one of the reasons why I rarely go out to eat, anymore. I just don't know what they use to make their stuff. I was a little bummed sweet potato fries weren't in the gluten free menu at Red Robin, which makes me go hmmm at the very thought of, what in those has gluten? I know it makes a mention of the steak potato fries, but not the sweet potato variety.. I also turn down their "secret" sauce for the fries, too; and then, opt for straight mustard, instead.
    The reason sweet potato fries aren't gluten-free is because they're coated with something that includes flour in order to make them crispy. Sweet potato on its own doesn't have enough starch to crisp up, even when it's deep-fried.

Quote Originally Posted by spughy View Post
    The reason sweet potato fries aren't gluten-free is because they're coated with something that includes flour in order to make them crispy. Sweet potato on its own doesn't have enough starch to crisp up, even when it's deep-fried.
    Thanks, for clarifying