Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Meatgrrrl's Little Slice of Primal page 2

Meatgrrrl is offline Senior Member
    Day 2 spuds.

Tried shredded and 'fried' spuds for breakfast but didn't really like them. Favourite has to be boiled/baked.
    Had two small baked spuds for lunch with some salsa on them.

Will have boiled spuds with a scoop of bone broth over tonight (I skimmed all the fat off the bone broth) and a little horseradish sauce (this way I feel like I'm eating beef... joke... I just love horseradish)

Feeling VERY full. I am eating the skins... aren't the vitamins mostly just underneath the skins? Someone said the skins aren't good for you - anti nutrients?

Energy good, very warm (but weather hot here). Sleeping well. Everything else functioning well.
    Did manage to get a scale reading so will try and see what happens tomorrow. I think three days should start to show something.

Third day.
    Last night I cracked and ate a little papaya... that was nice.

No change as far as I can see on the scale reading, but my face does look thinner and I feel a little like my tummy is less.
    I'm going to keep this up for 5 days in total. I have a thing on Sunday so will be eating normally then, but that will be LC and primal so it doesn't matter per se.
    I haven't drunk wine all this week, which is probably helping somewhat.

I would like to see a shift on the scale at some point.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Fourth day today.
    Showing a loss of 2-3lb which is interesting, for sure. However, Im not sure I couldn't have accomplished this with a week of really clean eating. Still, I haven't drunk wine all week, haven't been tempted for other foods and have quite enjoyed the mashed spuds with a little bone broth... seriously yummy.

FWIW, The potato thing was good for energy, I didn't have issues with sleep or anything else. Seemed absolutely fine, if not a bit boring after three days of it.
    I spent a good few years being a vegetarian, which was happily whilst the BSE thing was going on in the UK... so I avoided all the risk (I hope). My diet then was pretty varied and I was a very healthy vegetarian. It was the bacon that got me in the end.
    I'm stopping spuds today after 4 days because I think I've picked up a tummy bug from one of my kids which isn't ideal but it is what it is.

The potato hack has been really interesting and I'll keep it in mind for when I want to drop a couple of lb here and there. It's also removed my 'Oh my god, potato is sooo high carb' fear too and I'll probably relax a little more about them from now on.

I truly think my key to paleo is lower to moderate fats, less meat (really, I put on lb when I have too much) and LOTS of big ass salads.
    In many respects, paleo is no different to my experience of the South Beach diet. I never ate grains on that diet and it really worked for me. I was lambasted by a SB person for having duck and eating butter and oils on SB, but you have to do what works for you and that worked for me. There's no difference between my SB diet and this paleo diet, imo

Anyway, it's been a really interesting little experiment.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12