Thread: Baked Dip and crackers page

Icepyk is offline Junior Member

Baked Dip and crackers

Primal Fuel
    Hello all... I just made this baked dip and my own crackers (for the dairy eaters)

Dip
    2 bricks of cream cheese
    1 cup of ranch dressing
    1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
    1/2 cup of crumbled bacon

mix all ingredients and spread into a baking dish (I like to use my stone) and bake at 350 for 20 min. If you want it cheesier, you can add more shredded cheddar to the top before baking.

Crackers

I simply used the recipe for the primal pizza crust

2 cups of almond flour
    2 eggs
    2tbsp Olive Oil
    1/2 tsp salt

mix ingredients and add more flour if you need to for you desired consistency. I rolled this dough as fairly thin, and used a cookie cutter to cut out cracker shapes. I then baked them at 400 for about 15 minutes. I used these to scoop the dip.

yummers

I am extremely new, so if I am adding anything I shouldn't, please let me know.

Angieh is offline Senior Member
    Hi Ice,

It sounds yummy for a treat snack or social gathering. The ranch and cream cheese could be suspect, unless you are making your own primal/paleo ranch without additives and using homemade mayo that is not made with soybean oil. Commercial ranch dressing/dip/dip mix could very well contain gluten, so I would be a bit cautious about it if you are very concerned about avoiding gluten.

I make a similar cracker and put different things in depending on mood (rosemary, garlic, sea salt, etc.) and use for special treats. Welcome, and good luck with your primal journey.

Thanks! I have lost nine pound in two weeks and aside from a couple days of the "ickies" I haven't wanted for anything. My fiance and two of our children have Celiac Disease so we were definately gluten-free in this house long before I went Primal.

You could really bake any combination in the cheese and it comes out great.

I like the spiced crackers idea- and yes...definately for a treat and not a staple- I have a wedding dress to fit into in July!

Woot! Great job on the loss and congrats on the upcoming wedding. Very exciting!

Since you are gluten free already, I'm curious if you are making a homemade ranch or if it's a GF product? I am on spring break this week and plan to make some homemade mayo because I haven't done so lately and it might be nice to make a primal ranch (have done caesar).

Again, great work and welcome to the forum!

Thanks! We are very excited!

I used GF ranch from the store for this dip, but I did make my own mayo one day for the bacon/broccoli salad in the cookbook. I actually really liked it. I was a little nervous about the raw egg thing, do I need to be? I tried to pasteurize them myself, but ended up just cooking the yolk. I gave up and used raw yolk and I am still alive! I am definately going to stop buying ranch from the store and make my own. I love the idea of it and I will have to read fewer labels in my life.

I am getting my kids excited about it too.
    Last edited by Icepyk; 04-03-2012 at 09:02 AM. Reason: needed more info

Quote Originally Posted by Icepyk View Post
    Thanks! We are very excited!

I used GF ranch from the store for this dip, but I did make my own mayo one day for the bacon/broccoli salad in the cookbook. I actually really liked it. I was a little nervous about the raw egg thing, do I need to be? I tried to pasteurize them myself, but ended up just cooking the yolk. I gave up and used raw yolk and I am still alive! I am definately going to stop buying ranch from the store and make my own. I love the idea of it and I will have to read fewer labels in my life.

I am getting my kids excited about it too.
    +1

I make mayo with raw eggs and have no problems.

anika_perry is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Now you make me crave for something!