Thread: Has anyone ever made whey from raw milk? Please help page

boxcarguy07 is offline Senior Member

Has anyone ever made whey from raw milk? Please help

Primal Fuel
    Hi there!
    I am currently in the process of straining whey from raw milk that I have left out for about 3 days. There was a very visible separation in the milk, so I figured it was ready.
    My problem is, in videos I've seen of they whey being strained, the whey came out completely clear, almost watery. Mine came out kind of milky white at first, but it is now running clear.

Is the milky white portion not whey? Will it cause the whey to not keep as well? Or is it fine?
    Any help would be appreciated.
    I never know what to put in these things. I write songs!

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    IMO.... Make yoghurt from your raw milk... strain to thicken and use the whey that is also teaming with wonderful probiotics. My 2c.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

boxcarguy07 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    thanks for the response. I'm following the recipe for whey and cream cheese from Nourishing Traditions... turns out when you make whey from yogurt, the result is completely clear, but if you make whey from milk, there are still going to be milk solids in it, which is what I'm experiencing. Apparently it is fine, unless no milk solids is something you're aiming for.
    I never know what to put in these things. I write songs!