Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: egg mcPrimal page

grandma is offline Member

When making skinless-boneless (tasteless if not for marinade) chicken tonight I trimmed the rib meat and fat off the breast like I always do when I realized, why am I doing this. So I ground it up and spiced it up as sausage. SO.... I'm thinking that egg mcPrimals would make a really good breakfast tomorrow.

Egg sausage cheese(maybe) and...... what? I'm not sure what to do. My attempt at coconut pancakes didn't work, what else? Make it in omelet form? wrapped in lettuce? got a good idea?

It's grandma, but you can call me sir.

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member

Freakin' awesome idea!

Hmm... as for a biscuit, almond flour might work. I made a decent bread out of it using the "pizza crust" recipe from SonOfGrok.

sammylou is offline Junior Member

unless it is the allure of eating it with your hands like a sandwich, i'd stack it all up on a plate and eat it witha fork and knife: sausage patty, cheese, runny egg, repeat as many layers as are necessary.

another thing you could add instead of the bun are latkes/potato pancakes. traditionally made with white potatoes, i now enjoy them with sweet potatoes. incredibly good with egg yolk running all over them. i add in lots of green onions. if you need a recipe i'll post for you.

grandma is offline Member

yeah it is the sandwich form that I am after. I sign of weakness no doubt.

It's grandma, but you can call me sir.

Mmmm... latkes...

I kinda miss the sandwich setup sometimes too. It's sort of that comfort food thing. If this works I would love to know.

sammylou is offline Junior Member

hmm. well if you made the latkes the right size i think they could work. just make sure you eat over a plate!

Yeah, has anyone else noticed Primal foods tend to be a little bit more messy? Or is it just me that's messy? LOL

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member

Diana, I'm with you. Definitely messier.

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

Karin Guest

Diana: You should see Ethiopian food. They do away with silverware and use bread instead. Must be tough for them to do the Primal thing, lol.

musajen is offline Junior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Dollface talked about making Oopsie Rolls on her blog with a link to the recipe . . . seems that link isn't working so I found another site with the recipe . . .

http://livinlavidalocarb.blogspot.com/2008/03/cleochatras-amazing-low-carb-oopsie.html

http://primaljourney.blogspot.com/2009/05/first-attempt-at-oopsie-rolls.html

I haven't tried them myself but they look good.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast