Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: egg mcPrimal page 2

Tara tootie is offline Senior Member

Primal Fuel

Musajen- Oopsies dont work well without the yolks (body cant do yolks)... Poo. I wish they did b/c that would be awesome!

Mr grandma- Why did your coconut pancakes not work?

Life on Earth may be punishing, but it includes an annual free trip around the sun!

grandma is offline Member

No time for baking this morning -- I just made a thin omelet and rolled it up like a burrito, wrapped it in a napkin and left the house.. I'll have to try those oopsie rolls next time.

TT the pancakes came out like scrambled eggs -- they didn't hold together so that I could flip them.

It's grandma, but you can call me sir.

sammylou is offline Junior Member

grandma: i posted a recipe here for coconut almond pancakes that turn out [i think] quite well. and they taste delicious with egg and bacon.

BTW the chicken scrap sausage was great - dash of fennel, sage, crushed red pepper, S&P. Sorry I don't have quantities, I just threw it together. I can never reproduce the good recipes that I just threw together, so I will have to enjoy it while it lasts.

I'm going to get some coconut flour and see if I can create a little more structure to my pancakes.

OnTheBayou is offline Senior Member
    Sarasota, Florida, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

Not just Ethiopian - I call that stuff "Rubber Bread" - but Mexicans and tortillas serve the same function.

I have some "low carb" tortillas for those moments when....

At least one can pick them up like a sandwich.

Get Primal is offline Junior Member

Not an eggwich, but I thought I'd post what has become my staple breakfast because it just tastes so damn good.

4 egg omelet stuffed with 1 avocado and about 2 Tbsp coconut butter. Occasionally I'll fill it up with diced onion/pepper as well, but the avocado/egg/coconut butter combo is fantastic.

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member

LOL Karin, no doubt. I remember in school, taking Latin class. We had a Roman banquet every year, and since the Romans ate with their hands, so did we! Fruit, eggs, chicken, pork chops, and bread to soak up the mess.

I love the idea of Oopsie Rolls. That might be fun to try. BLT's and pizza! Ohh... hotdog rolls to go with uncured hot dogs.

musajen is offline Junior Member

Here's a little bit different coconut pancake recipe that I've had good luck with:

http://primalfusion.blogspot.com/200...-pancakes.html

Musajen, I tried that recipe -- it worked in that the pancakes held together. I wasn't overly thrilled with them as a bread for my breakfast sandwich. I would rather just have it on a plate with a fork.

I'll keep experminting.

Get Primal is offline Junior Member

Here is a bread recipe I've made that might fit what some are looking for as a breakfast bread. The original recipe calls for 1/3 cup canola oil, I would substitute coconut oil.

Flax Bread

2 cups ground flaxseed meal

1 Tbsp baking powder

1/4 tsp salt

2 Tbsp honey

5 eggs

1/2 cup water

1/3 cup canola oil

Try nutmeg, basil, oregano or other spices for a change of pace.

Mix ingredients and let stand for a couple minutes to thicken. Spread into 9x13 pan. Bake at 350F for 20-25 minutes. Cut into 12 servings.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast