Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 47

Thread: Forks over knoves page

  1. #1
    Chrisf12's Avatar
    Chrisf12 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    38

    Forks over knoves

    Shop Now
    Anyone see thee movie?

  2. #2
    cori93437's Avatar
    cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    central FL
    Posts
    6,719
    It's no problem... I ate steak with a fork this morning.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.


  3. #3
    NWPrimate's Avatar
    NWPrimate is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Posts
    385
    Don't waste your time. Watch this instead.


  4. #4
    Neckhammer's Avatar
    Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,742
    Quote Originally Posted by NWPrimate View Post
    Don't waste your time. Watch this instead.

    Ditto...

  5. #5
    johneeeveee's Avatar
    johneeeveee Guest
    I personally would (and do) watch ALL informative documentaries, as there is almost always useful info included regardless of your views/diet/lifestyle. Considering all and applying what seems best and experience is how we learn. Dismissing either is where the dogma/pragmatism lies.

    There is no "winning" this diet war bullshit... and it needs to end.

  6. #6
    Neckhammer's Avatar
    Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,742
    Quote Originally Posted by johneeeveee View Post
    There is no "winning" this diet war bullshit... and it needs to end.
    There kinda is....i mean at least in the strictest sense. If your an octo-piesce-lavo-vegetarian then have at it, you can likely live healthy and be a vegetarian. Even if your just one or two of those then you probably can be a healthy human. If your a vegan then its just not healthy. The end. If your vegan for reasons other than health that you have been convinced of, well then have at it! I'm not one to poo poo on someones religion. I think the review by denise is much better read BTW....“Forks Over Knives”: Is the Science Legit? (A Review and Critique) « Raw Food SOS: Troubleshooting on the Raw Food Diet

  7. #7
    johneeeveee's Avatar
    johneeeveee Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    There kinda is....i mean at least in the strictest sense. If your an octo-piesce-lavo-vegetarian then have at it, you can likely live healthy and be a vegetarian. Even if your just one or two of those then you probably can be a healthy human. If your a vegan then its just not healthy. The end. If your vegan for reasons other than health that you have been convinced of, well then have at it! I'm not one to poo poo on someones religion. I think the review by denise is much better read BTW....“Forks Over Knives”: Is the Science Legit? (A Review and Critique) « Raw Food SOS: Troubleshooting on the Raw Food Diet
    C'mon Man... you really wish to say that it's a "waste of time" to listen to anything someone like Dr. Esselstein has to say about his studies and work, and we should just listen to Denise Minger's opinion instead? Hmmm...

    For the record, I've seen both, and many others, and think there are good points for consideration in all of it.

    Maybe this isn't the forum for me after all. I am open minded and respectful of other opinions, and pretty darn knowledgeable and experienced if i may say so. I would NEVER go as far as to claim what you just have. There is good science to consider on all sides.

    The food I eat is not my religion, in fact, it sounds like i hold to it a bit more loosely than you do. I am able to accept others and have never felt that "my" way is the best or only way. I think my posts and attitude here speak for themselves.

    BTW, I have been vegan for 30 years, am an athlete who you would probably be pretty impressed with by my strength and speed and at 50, am able to train and outperform other athletes half my age at times. I don't get sick and am often told i look very much younger than i am. If that is "unhealthy", then so be it.

  8. #8
    Neckhammer's Avatar
    Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,742
    Quote Originally Posted by johneeeveee View Post
    C'mon Man... you really wish to say that it's a "waste of time" to listen to anything someone like Dr. Esselstein has to say about his studies and work, and we should just listen to Denise Minger's opinion instead? Hmmm...

    For the record, I've seen both, and many others, and think there are good points for consideration in all of it.

    Maybe this isn't the forum for me after all. I am open minded and respectful of other opinions, and pretty darn knowledgeable and experienced if i may say so. I would NEVER go as far as to claim what you just have. There is good science to consider on all sides.

    The food I eat is not my religion, in fact, it sounds like i hold to it a bit more loosely than you do. I am able to accept others and have never felt that "my" way is the best or only way. I think my posts and attitude here speak for themselves.

    BTW, I have been vegan for 30 years, am an athlete who you would probably be pretty impressed with by my strength and speed and at 50, am able to train and outperform other athletes half my age at times. I don't get sick and am often told i look very much younger than i am. If that is "unhealthy", then so be it.
    Maybe its not....that is for you to decide. I am but a humble omnivore offering my best opinion. However, my opinion is gathered from a vast amount of scientific research and decades of personal experience. Take of it as you will. Namaste.

  9. #9
    Sue's Avatar
    Sue
    Sue is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,368
    This vegan/vegetarian bashing is getting old.

  10. #10
    johneeeveee's Avatar
    johneeeveee Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    Maybe its not....that is for you to decide. I am but a humble omnivore offering my best opinion. However, my opinion is gathered from a vast amount of scientific research and decades of personal experience. Take of it as you will. Namaste.
    "humble"?... That's not the vibe I'm getting from you. You throw around a lot of absolutes for someone so humble.

    I do "take of it as I will', as i am open to other's opinions and experience, but you are obviously not open to mine, and actually feel there is no way i am healthy. That's a pretty big thing to say to someone.

    So, why am I not dead or sick... how can i possibly be thriving for all this time?
    Please explain that with your "vast amount of scientific research and decades of personal experience."

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •