Thread: Egg Muffins page

Rosemary 231 is offline Senior Member

Egg Muffins

I just finished my first batch of egg muffins using a recipe I found here on the forum. They turned out great, I ate 3 since I missed breakfast and it was nearly noon, and for being hungry I was surprised at how filling they were. Two took care of the hunger but since I took 3 I figured I might as well eat it. Following is a major observation. Set the muffin pan on a cookie sheet when you are placing it in the oven. Egg spilled on the bottom of a 350 degree oven smells awful. I encourage anyone that really needs to get out of the house and on their way to work without making breakfast to try these.

Chester is offline Junior Member
    Hi Rosemary,
    New in this forum and I will be kind if you will share egg muffins here or direct me to the link from where I cam find egg muffins recipe.

Quote Originally Posted by Chester View Post
    Hi Rosemary,
    New in this forum and I will be kind if you will share egg muffins here or direct me to the link from where I cam find egg muffins recipe.
    Welcome to the Forum, Chester!

Here's how I do it. There is such a variety of ingredients you can use. The best part about making egg muffins, in my opinion, is that they can be made ahead and frozen. Mornings getting ready for work don't allow enough time to make and eat breakfast so I grab a couple and heat and eat them at work.

I fry up a lb. of sausage with some onions and chopped celery. I use Jimmy Dean in a pinch. Drain the grease.

Spray a regular cupcake or muffin pan (about 12 cupcakes) with Pam or wipe with butter or olive oil.

Layer sausage mix in each cup about 1/2 full.

Top with as much shredded cheese as you'd like, or none at all if you don't do dairy

Whisk about 12 to 14 eggs in a large measuring cup or something you can pour from, add a little milk or cream and mix together. The added milk, or water if you rather, helps the egg pour without being "gloppy".

Pour the egg over the the top of each sausage/cheese mixture in the cups right up the top.

Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes. At the end of the time I slip a table knife down into the center of the muffin to see if it comes out clean.

Wait a few minutes for the muffins to cool a little and they should slip right out of the pan.

Eat or cool and then freeze them. I freeze them separately (flash freeze) and them put them in a gallon zip-type bag.

Each muffin reheats in about 30 seconds in the microwave.

CAUTION: Place muffin tin on a cookie sheet before putting in the oven. I slopped some egg in the oven and the smell was awful!

I'll look for the recipes I found and saved from other posters and add them in a little while.
    Last edited by Rosemary 231; 04-03-2012 at 11:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chester View Post
    Hi Rosemary,
    Here are the two posts with tips that might help.

[Egg Muffins or cups[/U]Try egg cups! We love them and they are great to cook ahead of time and have on standby.

We have all the cooked meat, or grated cheese, or chopped veggies ready. Butter muffin cups, We make the large ones, fill them a little over half with what ever you want in it, add salt and pepper, and then top off with beaten egg. it takes 1-2 eggs per muffin, depending on the size.

We love;
    spinach, sausage, mushroom and cheddar.
    red pepper, japeleno, pepperjack cheese
    Bacon, asparagus, basil
    left over steak, peppers, onions and cheddar

Bake them off, takes about 20-25 mins a pan, at 350 degrees. We make 18 at a time and the last only about 3 days (3-4 of us eating)
    The bacon, asparagus and basil is fantastic warmed up later and topped with a sauce of cocunut milk and curry paste!
    Just made a batch of these (9 total) last night for quick breakfasts in the morning. They take 30 seconds to reheat in the microwave from the refrigerator, plus I'm freezing some. Made mine with spicy Italian sausage, onions and green bell peppers.

Make sure to oil the pans or baking cups if you're using those! I used paper cups and I thought they muffins would come out easily but they stick a bit.

Egg Muffins 2

Name "No Excuses" Breakfast
    Category Breakfast
    Source SarahY
    Difficulty Easy
    Introduction
    (Make this up ahead of time/freeze/microwave)
    "No Excuses" Breakfast (Great for LC'ers and families with no time in the mornings!)
    Ingredients
    1 lb sausage (I like "hot")fried and drained.
    12 eggs beaten
    1/4 cup cream
    salt/pepper
    optional: cheese, salsa, bacon, onion etc..
    Directions
    Step: 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray muffin tin with PAM (can also use a mini bundt muffin pan for BEAUTIFUL results!) Spoon cooked sausage into the tin, filling 1/2 way. Mix eggs, cream and other additions together and spoon on top of the sausage until almost at the top. Bake for about 20 minutes..time may vary..until eggs are done and slightly golden. Remove from oven and let sit for a couple of minutes. Then gently use a spoon to remove the "muffin like" creations. These are worthy of serving to guests!
    Nutrition Information
    Carb count will vary with ingredients used, but is basically quite low. Portion control is EASY also!

DaisyEater is offline Senior Member
    I got some large silicone muffin pans and they don't stick. Even greasing the heck out of a metal non-stick tin, I always had a difficult clean up.

EvansMom is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for this. My mornings have been drab lately.

Quote Originally Posted by DaisyEater View Post
    I got some large silicone muffin pans and they don't stick. Even greasing the heck out of a metal non-stick tin, I always had a difficult clean up.
    I want to get some sinicone muffin pans. Do they come in pan form, all together, or are the cups separate like the paper liners? Are the large muffin pan cups about double the size of a regular muffin pan cup? I've found that 2 regular size egg muffins are just enough for breakfast.

Quote Originally Posted by EvansMom View Post
    Thanks for this. My mornings have been drab lately.
    I agree. I've about run the hard boiled eggs and half an avocado into the ground.

EvansMom is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosemary 231 View Post
    I agree. I've about run the hard boiled eggs and half an avocado into the ground.
    For me its ham (uncured). I have been eating it so much b/c my kiddo loves it, but by now I don't love it anymore thats for sure!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by EvansMom View Post
    For me its ham (uncured). I have been eating it so much b/c my kiddo loves it, but by now I don't love it anymore thats for sure!
    Exactly! Love ham but we just finished one off. Now we are so close to Easter and hams are too cheap (.87 a lb.) to ignore. Thought about buying one and cutting it up and freezing it but that does something to the ham. Don't know how freezing changes it but when thawed, it seems good only for mixing with scrambled eggs (and putting in egg muffins) or in a casserole or soup.