Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How much bacon can one consume? page

pf3
    pf3 is offline Member

How much bacon can one consume?

Shop Now
    I love eating bacon as a snack. But do you think one pack of bacon (6 strips or so) per day is too much?

Catharsis is offline Senior Member
    Trust me, you can never eat to much bacon. Especially if you make one of these.

evertastica is offline Member
    If its good bacon (no weird additives/nitrate free) I don't think you're doing much harm. I try not to eat it every day, but i've eaten a whole pound in a day before (probably not ideal...)

DaisyEater is offline Senior Member
    I was listening to Chris Kresser's podcast the other day and he doesn't get very amped about nitrates. Apparently, you get about as much nitrate in one serving of arugula as in 400+ hot dogs.

Pork isn't the best as far as your Omega3:6, though.

trekfan is online now Senior Member
    Bacon is GOOD. Eating an entire pack in a day sounds fine, just watch out for the sodium if your sensitive to that. If not, then eat away and enjoy the bacon goodness.
    Went Primal July 25th, 2011.

Current Age: 25

Total Loss: 126 lbs

Starting Stats: Weighed 266 lbs, Body Fat 37.6% (100 lbs), BMI 40.9

Current Stats: Weight 140 lbs, Body Fat 15.2% (21.1 lbs), BMI 21.2

Current Goals: Get a stronger core through Pilates and continue being as Primal as I can be.

My Weight Loss Notes Now on a blog page. It starts with "My Weight Loss: Introduction." Available to the public, share with friends if you'd like!

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    Its meat....at least mine is. The list on my bacon is "pork cured with water, salt, brown sugar, vegetable juice powder, lactic acid starter culture (no nitrate or nitrite added except for what is naturally found in vegetable juice powder)". I put this in my "unlimited meat" category. Your run of the mill grocery store bacon....you might wanna put in the "moderate" category.

Asmodeuskraemer is offline Senior Member
    I can easily eat a lb of bacon a day, no problem. But I've moved more towards ground lamb. I LOVE lamb, I had no idea how much I love it until I impulse-bought a pound of "Moroccan lamb" at my hippy store. Nomz ahoy!

SeanM is offline Senior Member
    Based on the headline, I thought this was announcing a contest.

carlh is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, that sounds like a challenge.

jsa23 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by trekfan View Post
    Bacon is GOOD. Eating an entire pack in a day sounds fine, just watch out for the sodium if your sensitive to that. If not, then eat away and enjoy the bacon goodness.
    If you look at the reasoning behind Paleo/Primal eating, pork products should generally be towards the bottom of the list of your meat choices, in terms of health effects. Poor n3:n6 ratio, and not nearly as much goodness in it as grass-fed beef or seafood.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast