Thread: Is it okay to eat only butter? page

pf3
    pf3 is offline Member

Is it okay to eat only butter?

Primal Fuel
    I love eating butter all by itself. So far, I've only done it in small quantities. But how much can I actually eat of it?

evertastica is offline Member
    When I ate dairy I used to do the same, after a certain point I feel satisfied. I've never had any ill affects from it. If its quality butter I see no problem.

ckck1234 is offline Senior Member
    not the wal mart kind with no salt added?

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    I do it all the time. I used to use bread as a delivery device. Now I skip the bread. How much would you have spread on your toast pre-primal?? That would be a reasonable amount without any ill effects.
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Mmmm, a slice of Kerrygold. Too bad I'm not hungry right now.
    In terms of amount, I would look at the amount of calories you usually eat in a meal or snack, whichever one you are looking to have, and not eat more than that amount of calories. Not because I think there is a magic amount of calories one should consume at a meal, but because butter is so calorically dense, that it might be easy to over-do quickly. But, you should savor your butter, not just gulp it down. I mean, what's the point otherwise?
    Also, have you seen Batty's Blueberry Butter Balls recipe? Divine.

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    Sure.....long as its good butter all it is is churned cream. Have at it.

Uncephalized is offline Senior Member
    I have a bite or two from time to time. It gets old fast if you try to eat a lot of it.
    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

sarah k. is offline Member
    My 5 year old daughter asks for butter slices all the time. It fills me with glee. All the deliciousness, but none of the problems of cheese. I tried those blueberry butter balls once, and yeah, they were awesome. I even ended up chilling some of them and dipping them in dark chocolate. They melt readily in your fingers, so you need a fork, but they're just awesome blueberry truffles.