Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I just ate THREE whole sweet potatoes!!! page

Spinman is offline Member

I just ate THREE whole sweet potatoes!!!

I haven't eaten any "real" carbs all week except for salad most days.i decided to slice up some sweet potatoes and roast them this morning to give myself a little treat. I had about 10 ounces of leftover steak in the fridge. This was to be my "breakfast".

Well....I served myself the steak and a healthy portion of potatoes. After my plate was empty I went back and crushed the rest of the potatoes. THREE fairly large potatoes in all.

My question is: Was this extremely gluttonous or can I justify this as some sort of reload day.

Has anybody else ever snapped like this?? I'm pretty full right now...but they were absolutely delicious!!!

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    And look, you lived to tell about it.

I did this every day, sans the steak, about 2 weeks ago FOR a week.

All I WANTED was the sweet potatoes. And lookie, I'm still alive too.

You can just chalk it up to "I Ate Real Food And There's Nothing Wrong With That", and
    go on with your life.

Good job, Spinman.

Julie

Fiji is offline Senior Member
    Why do you have to justify it at all? That is neither a healthy mentality nor a healthy relationship with food. From the sounds of it, you've been doing VLC and your body probably just wanted some glucose. Nothing wrong with that. You thoroughly enjoyed your meal. That's great. Food should be enjoyed, not be used as a tool for self-flagellation. You ate three sweet potatoes- so what? That's real, healthy food that your body was probably begging you to eat. It's not like you ate three dozen donuts or anything. And even if you did eat the donuts, just enjoy them and move on. No need to torture yourself afterwards.

Probably if you incorporated some sweet potatoes a few times a week, you wouldn't feel the need to "binge" on three at once. Enjoy real food, guilt free. Then go and move around some.
    Last edited by Fiji; 04-01-2012 at 11:14 AM. Reason: spelling

jakey is offline Senior Member
    you might retain a bit of water if you're not used to eating carbs. you might also suddenly explode from insulin fear. batten down the hatches.

Fiji is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jakey View Post
    you might retain a bit of water if you're not used to eating carbs. you might also suddenly explode from insulin fear. batten down the hatches.
    True about the water retention, but trust me, it goes away.

It's technically not summer yet either and according to some crazy members here, unless you eat carbs only in summer, carbs will literally kill you.

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    If you were stuffing your face for the sake of stuffing your face - bad.

If you were eating because your body was telling you to eat - great!
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Spinman is offline Member
    Thanks everyone...this was the first time since I went primal that I sort of snapped. I think it was a clear sign that my body was craving more carbs. I am going to listen to my body better and not be so restrictive.

Sweet potatoes are healthy and nutritious, I eat them nearly every day. Why would you think they're in anyway bad?
    The kitavans basically live on them. Whole Health Source: The Kitavans: Wisdom from the Pacific Islands

DarthFriendly is offline Banned
    Well golly, if a Kitavan stuck it's dick in a termite's nest it must be cool!

jem51 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Kitavan? Are we still making that comparison? Gluttonous!! That's my vote.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast