Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 30 Days to maintaining Primal for good. page

CrissyTibby is offline Senior Member

30 Days to maintaining Primal for good.

I have been following No S for over a month and decided to try to get back to primal for hunger/health.

Here is the problem. When I have the S Days (these are free days, but not binge days, as I was taking them) on the weekend and I eat whatever I want I feel like a pile of crap and I binge like crazy.

I am only looking to lose the two pounds No S has put on me and then just stay Primal except for strays at social events. If I really want a piece of cheese cake, or pie at thanksgiving I will have it. I just don't see the point in a whole weekend of junk food and if I could moderate the weekends better like some can on this plan I wouldn't be binging.

So I am committing to all of April. All primal foods until I have gotten through the hard part and I know I can handle treats once in a while without binging.

I am not putting a cap on things like wine, dark choc., or the right kind of diary. I don't binge on these foods. I don't care to deprive. I care to get into this lifestyle and stay.

I have started and stopped journals too. I really don't keep up with them like I should so I am going to say this will be my last journal just for these 30 days to get me started. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

Day 1

Meal 1:Greek Yogurt w/ Blueberries, & Almonds - Apple w/ smear of almond butter - 2 slices of bacon

2 Coffee w/ Heavy Whipping Cream

Meal 2:Pumpkin w/ breakfast sausage, cottage cheese, cherry tomatoes

Meal 3:MBAS (My big ass salad is what I call it--I eat it often) Spinach, chicken breast and sausage, sauteed bell pepper and onion, olive oil for dressing, sweet potato cooked in the microwave like chips. A little bit of 85 dark choc.

1 Coffee w/ Heavy Whipping Cream

Ended up having 2 of the mini bottles of wine (ends up being one big glass) and 3/4 the bar of dark chocolate. -- These are things I am not willing to give up so I figure I will buy 1 - 4 pack of mini wines a week and one dark chocolate bar and when I run out I will just wait until the next week to eat more. Problem solved.

So I bought them today and won't buy any until next Sunday.
    Last edited by CrissyTibby; 04-04-2012 at 11:28 AM.
    Never give up on anything you can't go a day without thinking about - Tony Horton

Day 2

Had a hard time sleeping after the wine and dark chocolate.

B: Yogurt/Dark Choc/Blueberries/Salami

3 Mugs of Coffee w/ 3 Tbsp Heavy Whipping Cream in each

L: Pumpkin/Eggs/Tomato Paste/Turkey Pepperoni/Cherry Tomatoes/Carrots

D: Albacore Tuna w/ 2 Tbsp Yogurt/Spinach w/ Bell Pepper and Onions/Olive Oil/Turkey Bacon/1 small apple/Pumpkin

Kombucha Tea
    Last edited by CrissyTibby; 04-03-2012 at 06:22 AM.
    Never give up on anything you can't go a day without thinking about - Tony Horton

lucy1984 is offline Senior Member
    What is No S?

Quote Originally Posted by lucy1984 View Post
    What is No S?
    No Snack, No Seconds, No Sugar Except Sometimes Days that Begin in S.

I know it sounds a little nuts, but it did get me eating 3 meals without snacks, but I put on weight binging on the S Days.

lucy1984 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CrissyTibby View Post
    No Snack, No Seconds, No Sugar Except Sometimes Days that Begin in S.

I know it sounds a little nuts, but it did get me eating 3 meals without snacks, but I put on weight binging on the S Days.
    Doesn't sound nuts. It's sound logic when you think about it - my downfall would be the sometimes days too. I can do a lot of damage to my diet and a few hours, let alone two whole days!
    I'm also fully commiting to Primal for April (may help me navigate Easter). Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by lucy1984 View Post
    Doesn't sound nuts. It's sound logic when you think about it - my downfall would be the sometimes days too. I can do a lot of damage to my diet and a few hours, let alone two whole days!
    I'm also fully commiting to Primal for April (may help me navigate Easter). Good luck!
    Good luck to you!

I have been eating 3 meals until I am full. I don't feel the need or urge to binge. I am going to take some pics tonight so I can compare at the end of 30 days. I am only looking to lose the 2 pounds I put on during my month long "I am going to binge on whatever is in site" episode.

Day 3:

Food:

4am: Yogurt/Blueberries/Almonds/2 Eggs/2 Bacon - about 500 cals

3 Coffees w/ cream - 300 cals - I will be honest, I drink 3 mugs of coffee a day and I NEVER intend on reducing this. I use to drink energy drinks like water and so this is a good compromise for me.

10am: Spinach/Bell pepper/Onion/EVOO/Turkey Bacon&pepperoni - 430

6:00pm: Pumpkin/Eggs/Turkey Pepperoni/Apple/Almond butter/Salad 735

Kombucha Tea -- so yummy! - 80

Total: 2045

Workout: Body Pump

I am not limiting my cals, but I am just counting to see where my appetite is landing. I have never made it through an entire 30 days Primal so it would be neat to see a little bit of a reduction in hunger. Yesterday they landed somewhere around 2200, but like today, that is a rough estimate, but good enough for me.
    Last edited by CrissyTibby; 04-03-2012 at 05:03 PM.

Day 4:

Well I took Day 3 pics yesterday. I told myself I was just going to do a journal for 30 days and move on, but I think I am going to do a journal for every 30 days with pictures and weight. I was so full all day yesterday that it is giving me hope that I can stay the course for longer than 30 days.

5:30am: 2 tbsp Heavy Whipping Cream w/ Coffee 100 cals

6:00am: Crossfit

7:45am: Yogurt/Blueberries/Almonds/1 Egg/2 Bacon 430 cals

8:15am: 2 tbsp Heavy Whipping Cream coffee 100 cals

12:00pm: Spinach/Bellpepper/Onions/EVOO/Turkey Bacon/Bacon 420 cals

3:30pm: 2 tbsp Heavy Whipping Cream w/ coffee 100

6:00pm: Pork Roast w/ tons of veggies/butternut squash/apple w/ pb/turkey pepperoni/bell pepper -- whew ate a lot -- aunt flo paid her visit -- but NO BINGE!!! yay!!! I estimated I would say around 800

6:30pm: Kombucha Tea 80

Total: Had a glass of wine later in the night...so ended around 2135
    Last edited by CrissyTibby; 04-05-2012 at 06:12 AM.

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    The trick to beating sugar cravings is not to beat them into submission with a 30 day period of abstinence, but to be smart about indulging them. Your body is not stupid. When you crave something sweet, it's for a reason. People will try to tell you that sugar is addictive and that's why you crave it, but try eating a few cubes of plain white sugar or drinking a glass of maple syrup and you will see that sugar is not addictive, the hyperpalatability of the processed food that it comes in is. Honey, maple syrup and blackstrap molasses are all perfectly healthy sweeteners, as they contain vitamins and minerals. The first two have been sought for thousands of years.

One should also eat according to the circadian cycle, eating sweet things (as well as the bulk of one's food) in the morning or early afternoon.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Milty is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
    The trick to beating sugar cravings is not to beat them into submission with a 30 day period of abstinence, but to be smart about indulging them. Your body is not stupid. When you crave something sweet, it's for a reason. People will try to tell you that sugar is addictive and that's why you crave it, but try eating a few cubes of plain white sugar or drinking a glass of maple syrup and you will see that sugar is not addictive, the hyperpalatability of the processed food that it comes in is. Honey, maple syrup and blackstrap molasses are all perfectly healthy sweeteners, as they contain vitamins and minerals. The first two have been sought for thousands of years.

One should also eat according to the circadian cycle, eating sweet things (as well as the bulk of one's food) in the morning or early afternoon.
    Insightful! I had not thought about it like that before.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast