Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 30 Days to maintaining Primal for good. page 3

CrissyTibby is offline Senior Member
    Day 13

No more counting calories for now. I am crazy busy with school so I am just going to stick to 3 meals and 3 coffees in the morning and keep the starches to a minimum on the days I don't workout.

I am going through SOO much with my kids right now and I my heart is breaking a little over all the problems, so I am just going to check in and say how it's going.

Knock on wood I am not having a problem staying away from crap food..I am feeling so good eating this way and for now that is good enough.
    Never give up on anything you can't go a day without thinking about - Tony Horton

Day 14

Good day. Lots of studying. I am thinking I need to cut back on coffee though. Stress plus coffee leaves me with a stiff neck!
    Never give up on anything you can't go a day without thinking about - Tony Horton

Day 15

With all the stress and coffee I think I am running myself down pretty badly. I just threw away my bag of coffee...screw it..if I can quit all this other stuff I can quit coffee too...

WOE is going great..I feel like my head is changing a bit too.. I decided I am not going to try to get under 120 again. I am a perfectly small size and I don't need to waste energy on getting to a smaller size..

I really just want to feel good and healthy... looking forward to kicking the coffee habit too.

End of day 15..had a whole dark chocolate bar...

Few things happened today:

Me and my husband found real proof of GAPS and autism for my 4 year old. I am going to keep this journal until mid May and then start one with pictures and videos of my 4 year old and our journey through the GAPS diet.

I am taking the entire summer off of school and work to be the person that controls every bite that goes into my son's diet. I have ordered the GAP book and probiotics

I am a little scared of it, but I saw a video of a little boy that was very autistic before GAP and then was almost entirely normal after GAP..I honestly cried..could that really by my little boy one day?

Finals to get through in school and then tackling my kids health...my 9 year old has alopecia and severe allergies so he is going on the GAPs diet too.....

Day 16..went great... quit coffee, feeling like poo, swollen and constipated...but it will all be worth it to say I have kicked EVERY unhealthy habit I have! (not knocking coffee drinkers..I was not a moderate coffee drinker..so had to quit)

Day 17..so far so good..big test today so I am going to go and finish up studying.. getting excited to start the little one on Gaps..the official start date is May 26. The day after the last day of school. I will start a new journal and put pictures up. Getting all my books, fermenting tools, and yogurts makers together.

Day 18

Swollen from no coffee...but still hanging on. The funny thing is I don't feel bad. I have drank coffee everyday for 8 years... at least 2 or 3 huge strong mugs. I think the primal foods just keep your body humming along.

I am ordering a gigantic order of meat and marrow bones to start the stocks and other things my family will need when we start introduction GAPS. I also ordered mason jars and fermenting things too. We officially start Intro Gaps May 5 on a Saturday. I will start a new journal then.

All I have had today is green tea, bone broth, and fermented cabbage juice. I am going ahead and putting myself on a few days of Intro GAPS to get the hang of things.

I will start making soups and things like that as soon as I get everything together.

Day 19, 20, & 21

Well since we started GAPS for our children I am def. staying true to primal and far beyond.

I am having a real hard time studying so I plan on dedicating tomorrow to nothing but that and making my husband cook.

We are on Day 2 of GAPS. Day 1 both of the boys threw up. We are having to force the 4 year old to eat and the 9 year old keeps asking why he can't have fruit. Though his hair is falling out in large patches he can't quite grasp why we are putting him through all of this.

I am not sleeping, I wake up at 2 am everyday, but I know all of this will clear up soon.

Our plan is to go through GAPS intro in 30 days. Then restart intro with my son with autism in the summer when I am off of school and work.

Will keep updates here on how both are doing.

Well I am going to change my Days to counting GAPS days.

Day 3 of GAPS Introduction

We really started Thursday, but the daycare let my 4 year old eat some pretzels and so we are counting Friday as day 1 and that was his last day at daycare. I am not going to fight other people about letting my son have shit for food.

He is such a picky eater that we have had to almost force feed him. We sit down and hold him and hold the food to his mouth and then he takes it, but he won't sit down and try to eat right now. When we were paleo for six months he was eating on his own and talking more, but he was eating massive amounts of fruit. With intro you can't have fruit until you are almost done and into full GAPS..so he is being very stubborn about eating.

I wish I had good news on day 3..right now I am just sad.. both of my kids are so worn out and don't want any of the food even though I have prepared a dozen recipes so far..

2 positive things....one big one small

My 9 year old with alopecia is having some hair growth where it fell out

My 4 year old with autism when asked told me his eyes were blue

So both are new and good things..

We went to a birthday party after stuffing the kids with a creamed butternut soup and hamburger patties..and they freaked when they saw the pizza..I mean total melt down..I wouldn't have went if it wasn't my niece's birthday party and I won't make that mistake again until we are out of Introduction.. it was torture for the babies.

My husband has been an utter shit.. he is on it.. but he is just now asking how he can help.

I am pretty tired because it tends to be low carb.. I have lost 3 pounds on the scale in 3 days.. I love all the food so I am eating massive amounts.. but I am still real tired... hopefully we can see some more progress soon and then we can start moving to stage 2 and 3

Wooo hooo!!!!!!!!

My 4 year old pooed on the potty for the first time ever! Our first sign that this is working!

Also, my 9 year old's got some prickly hair growing back in the bald spot!

It is really tough but worth it for the progress we are already seeing.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Day 4

We really had no idea how much meat we would need. We are only using grass fed sources, but I didn't order enough from U.S. Wellness so we are having to pick it up at a local health food store and it isn't 100 percent grass fed like U.S. Wellness is.

I found out we have been overdoing the pro biotic a bit. I am cutting it out today and then reintroducing it one teaspoon at a time. Until we are up to 3 teaspoons of fermented veggie juice with each meal.

I also decided I would eat a huge pot of creamed cauliflower and butternut squash. BAD IDEA. I won't be eating any fibrous veggies and slowing reintroducing them. My stomach hurts really badly.

My oldest is really having a hard time. He is finally realizing he has to eat more so he isn't walking around hungry.

My 4 year old is finally asking for more food. He was kind of funny yesterday..he cried a great deal, but he did things like put on his socks and tried to put on his shoes..which he has never done, but he wanted to go in the car and get food so he was pissed off!!

So yesterday went pretty good all things considered, they both head back to school today so I am pretty nervous. We will see.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast