Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: My Primal Journal - his_chick page 5

his_chick is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Today's totals:

Until yesterday I was tracking my meals with Paleotracker which I really enjoyed because it let me know if my days eating was Paleo. Makes sense but what it doesn't do is separate meals, so I couldn't really see the meal breakdown only my whole day. For that reason only I've gone back to myfitnesspal because it both breaks up meals but also remembers the things I recently eaten. I tend to eat the same things everyday with only a little variation so it works better for me. Which tracker do you use and why?

Today:
    979 calories made up of:
    45g carbs
    54g fats
    85g protein
    12g sugar- mostly from my carrots and capsicum.

Feeling pretty content too.
    Last edited by his_chick; 04-20-2012 at 03:25 AM. Reason: Spelling
    Went Primal on 1st April 2012

Since beginning Primal:
    - The stomach cramps I'd been having have vanished.
    - People comment that my skin is glowing.
    - I enjoy getting out of bed (most of the time)
    - I'm so excited by food.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread52255.html

Had a really good happy day today.
    IF'd through breakfast and a HUGE bootCamp session. Ate at 1230pm.

Breakfast: IF
    Lunch: bacon, 2 eggs, mushrooms, tomatoes and silverbeet. 20g mixed trail mix.
    Dinner: 2 eggs, silverbeet, zucchini, broccoli, butternut pumpkin.
    Dessert: 30 g mixed berries. 2 brazilnuts.

+ 3 black English breakfast teas throughout the day.
    Didn't pick at food today which was a nice change. Was content all day too.

Not feeling amazing today. Little bit out of it and a terrible sore throat and lethargy coming on. First time I've been even a little sick in ages. If anyone can tell me if I need to add anything into my diet that would be appreciated. Thanks.

Since beginning Primal:

Ellement is offline Member
    I've had a similar day to you, good happy day without feeling the need to graze ...sorry you're feeling a bit off though, hopefully it passes after a good night's sleep. Can't really advise on the diet as I'm still fairly new to this Primal thing myself.

lucy1984 is offline Senior Member
    Hey, I just use calorie king to track all my stuff - it may not be the most accurate, but it's easy!

Regarding feeling sick - are you getting enough veggies?

I think so... eating veges at every meal and trying hard to get lots of colour in too. MIght just be a 3 day bug or something.

Sunday:
    Breakfast: eggs and veges at mums. Raided her fridge so had a mixture of pumpkin, tomato, carrot, broccoli and zucchini with 2 eggs and some mustard. Really yummy and filling too.

Snacked on some trail mix around lunch time with. Cup of black tea but didn't have anything else as I wasn't that hungry.

Dinner: made a roast chicken with roast veges from scratch. Seasoned it with lemon and garlic and ginger. I was pretty happy with it and it made me realise how much oil the store bought ones have. It was a lilydale one too so I felt a little better about the good fats and nutrients that may have been kept in there.

Dessert: indulged in some coconut chocolate mousse that was spoken about in the recipes tab. 541 calories worth seemed expensive but I really enjoyed it! Made on coconut milk, coconut cream and a milk chocolate bunny from Easter.

Totals for Sunday:
    1263 calories
    69 g carbs
    67g fat
    72g protein
    34 g sugar - mostly from the chocolate.

That hopefully will be my indulgence day for this week. Fingers crossed.

Monday.

Woke up today not feeling up to a day at work. So spent the day cleaning the house instead. Took it out of me, sleepy girl come 3pm.

Breakfast: left over roast veges, cup of black tea.
    Morning Tea: black tea and 10g almonds and 10g brazilnuts.
    Lunch: eggs and veggies, 1 egg, silverbeet, carrot, tomato, broccoli, 100g left over roast chicken.
    Dinner: planning to make a lamb shank soup, haven't done it before, so will be interesting to see how it ends up. Will probably add extra vegetables to bulk it out a bit.
    May have a black tea for dessert. Struggling to drop the after dinner cravings but am staying simple so it's a start.

No exercise today as I wasn't feeling up to it. Did clean the house thoroughly, though so that counts too.
    Happy Monday!

Since beginning Primal:

Hey looks like you're going well! If you're getting plenty of veg there's not much else you can do. Sometimes we're unlucky enough to get sick

Yer. I agree. Need to get sick to appreciate being well.

Breakdown for last night:
    Lamb shanks were really yummy. Succulent n fell off the bone, made with mushrooms, crushed tomato and bacon. Also added some sweet potato but next time won't because they were filling enough without.
    Also had a pear for afternoon tea too.

1661 calories
    105g carbs
    63g fat
    161g protein
    44g sugar- mostly all from fruit!

At work today, not feeling much better than yesterday but happy to be occupied.
    Today so far:
    Breakfast: 2 eggs with vege - silverbeet, tomato, broccoli and butternut pumpkin.
    Morning tea: small apple, carrot and celery sticks and 10g each of almonds and brazilnuts.
    Lunch: 2 cans tuna, HUGE salad of cos lettuce, tomato, carrot, red capsicum and cucumber
    Going out for dinner tonight to a restaurant I haven't been to before so will check ahead to see why options there might be. Excited!

Happy day!

Since beginning Primal:

I let go of all control these last two days. Chocolate and a huge piece of cake yesterday and more chocolate today. I've also been sick and I'm sure that all my emotions ganged up on me and I let go. I'm gonna try not to beat myself up but definitely shows I'm not as in control as I thought I was. Calories for both yesterday and today would have been a little higher and definitely a higher sugar percentage. I've got a sugar headache at the moment and I'm feeling shaky. Sugar hangover indeed.

Like I've said before, tomorrow is a new day and my intentions to make it better than the last two days are real.
    What I ate last night:

Went to an Italian restaurant for dinner, beautiful service, I had 1 and a half antipasto plates with vegetables and 2 garlic prawns. Dessert was a row of dark chocolate with peppermint filling and a black tea. Also ate a large piece of mud cake and some dairy milk chocolate egg. Huge fail!

What I ate today:
    Breakfast: 120g bone in steak, capsicum, tomato and pumpkin with feta cheese and an egg.
    Lunch: small portion of potato bake, salad, chicken satay kebab, caramelised mushroom and onions and a pork loin chop
    Dessert: mixed berries with coconut cream and 4 squares 'crunch chocolate'
    Others: 2 cups of chai tea and a handful of almonds and brazilnuts.

Won't eat dinner unless I get hungry, I have all intentions to fast until after breakfast tomorrow.

Since beginning Primal:

Ellement is offline Member
    Don't beat yourself up too much. Just count the cake and choccy as your 20% for the week. One of the greats things about this lifestyle is that it's sustainable in the long term and and can absorb those little slip ups. The important bit is not allowing that slip up to completely derail you...and judging by today looks like you're right back on track!

Being sick probably didn't help. It's probably one of those things, that if it happens early on in your primal journey, then your bodies default reaction to being sick is comfort food and sugar, and being sick you're too weak to resist. Don't beat yourself up, get back on track, and hopefully next time you get sick your body will be more primal-fied, and you'll know what to expect. Lots of chicken soup and cups of warm tea And if you're still feeling sick, maybe lay of the IF and get lots of healthy fats in you till it passes.

Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast