Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast

Thread: My Primal Journal - his_chick page 23

Primal-JoJo is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Sorry to hear about your struggles. But you have to know - you are doing GREAT considering you are surrounded by non-primal people a lot. I give you total props for doing your best under the circumstances. After my summer, I see how difficult it is, and am seriously proud of you for keeping at it!

Also keep in mind that it is a process. And a really difficult one at that. We are trying to eat what practically sounds like the very OPPOSITE of what CW considers a healthy diet. Even under ideal circumstances (living alone and controlling all food) I'm still constantly tweaking and improving on eating primally. It's been almost a year for me being primal and I still have my struggles and there's nothing wrong with that. Making 180 degree changes don't happen over night.

You're doing awesome so far! Just have to keep on getting up and trying again, which you ARE!!
    Primal: Because I like to have my steak, and eat it too

Current Primal Journal
    My Old Primal Journal - Surviving my summer away from home
    Food blog: Sex or Chocolate: I choose STEAK!

his_chick is offline Senior Member
    Thanks Jojo. You chimed in right when I needed you too as well.
    Today has been much better, didn't have cake surrounding me so I found it easier to just eat what I bought. We went to the shops over lunch and I had a mental argument over whether to buy something or not and my primal side won. Came back to work and ate the lunch I had prepared earlier.
    Breakfast: smoothie with banana, sour cream, cocoa, almond butter an egg and a cup and a half of water. It's yummy. I'd say it would be a gazillion grams of fat tho. Hehe. I'm trying to become fat adapted still so hoping for it to help me on that venture.
    Morning Tea: pumpkin soup with and egg. Made the consistency of the soup a little bit scrambled eggy.
    Lunch: honey, sesame and garlic stir fry chicken.
    Boot camp this evening and then something yummy for dinner. Maybe a beef mince stir fry. Mmm.
    Back on the wagon and holding on tight.
    Went Primal on 1st April 2012

Since beginning Primal:
    - The stomach cramps I'd been having have vanished.
    - People comment that my skin is glowing.
    - I enjoy getting out of bed (most of the time)
    - I'm so excited by food.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread52255.html

Hey! You popped into my head when I found this. This is actually a lot how I started to think about making non-primal choices when I was at home (the flow chart in my head lol). Thought maybe it would help for the more challenging times.

Hope you're enjoying your weekend!

Current Primal Journal

Thanks for the flow chart Jojo! Love it.

I'm back. I've successfully (or unsuccessfully) eated all the cheats in my house that I lowered myself to and so now I have no excuses to cheat anymore.

Back again tomorrow to try and start again.
    A little bit of TMI now so tune out if you want.

I have the worst case of fart belly ever. Green leafy and raw veges- which have been my staple for last 4 months (yes today is my 4 month primal birthday) do not agree with me anymore. Sugar of any sort makes my belly ache as does my protein shake in the morning.

Plan starting tomorrow:
    Breakfast: back on the eggs. Dump the protein powder- it has whey protein and I was only eating it to get rid of it.
    Morning Tea: back to the can of tuna and might go a sweet potato steamed in the microwave.
    Lunch: paleo turkey meatloaf that I made tonight with veges steamed in the microwave.

I'm almost perfect all day until I get home and almost implode all my good efforts. Tonight I ate 8 ganache chocolate truffles I made on Sunday. Eeek. No wonder I've got a belly ache you say.

Tomorrow is the day to change. To improve. To begin again.
    I'm also going to be back journalling to remain accountable. See you back here more often.

Since beginning Primal:

Had a nice day Thursday with my new resolve in my head and a hope that I could achieve my goal in my heart.
    Following the line that I wanted to stay low carb but cut out green veges for just a little while I had an unsweetened cocoa smoothie with unsweetened almond milk, an egg, half a dozen hazelnuts, and half a cup of mixed berries for breakfast.
    Morning Tea: cauliflower, tomato, celery and 1/2 avocado. Black tea.
    Lunch: 2 slices of paleo turkey and vegetable meatloaf.
    Dinner: rack of lamb ribs with plum sauce, store bought so probably had some sort of thickening and added sugar but hubby bout and cooked and I'm not as anal about things that he takes time to buy and cook for me.
    Things I wish I didn't eat: lol. Small slice of cake at work, I could have said no thanks but didn't.
    The last 2 of my ganache chocolates I made, they're all gone now so that temptation is done.
    I made some primal choc hazelnut spread with hazelnuts, unsweetened cocoa, butter and a sachet of stevia. Unfortunately the stevia left an icky after taste so after testing a couple of teaspoonfuls I don't think I'll try much more even though it was made with the intention of being 'ok'.
    First day down with more 'points lost' than gained but excited to continue back on my wagon.
    I've got five days off this weekend with a roster day today and 2 leave days next week. Hope to do lots of visiting so my resolve is due to be tested.

Since beginning Primal:

AbigailLyn is offline Senior Member
    heyo! Just checking back in. Sorry to hear you've been having a difficult time lately! I can totally relate as I've sort of very consciously stepped off the wagon for a while. Just been surrounded by lots of non primal people that are really really great for a lot of other reasons. Oh well, stay strong and just hit the reset button in the morning!

Jojo - love the flow chart. I feel like I should post that in my room, or tatoo it to the inside of my palm as a reality check.

Hey Abby! Thanks for stopping by.
    My entire life is non primal people so I struggle most days to either eat primally or to not eat everything on a platter that is primal to compensate. Like for instance, yesterday. Went to a development day with work where food was provided. Morning tea was two platters of cakes, pastries and biscuits which I found quite simple to not touch. The third platter was fresh fruit which I devoured. Ate so much of it because once I started I couldn't stop. Made me feel so uncomfortable and my belly didn't feel any better until I had passed it all through so quick I doubt any of the nutrition in it was absorbed. Sorry for the TMI. :| I had several black teas and a heap of water to try and dilute the fructose and still my belly screamed at me.
    Lunch was no better, work provided gourmet sandwiches and because I had no options elsewhere I ate the filling and discarded the bread. I'm sure ppl would have noticed because I probably discarded a half loaf of bread. Ate lots of chicken, salami, ham, Camembert, salads. They were really yummy fillings.
    Dinner lat night was so yummy. Hubby and I had a seafood night and had ginger garlic prawns, crispy skinned Tasmanian salmon and steamed buttered broccoli. So. Good. I'm really enjoying the challenge that is eating primally with no primal friends close by. Really love you all on MDA. The support network is great. thanks heaps.

Since beginning Primal:

...and she's back!
    Quick mental update to say hi and check in and tell you all that I'm smiling big and loving being a primal/ Paleo being. I've found lots of blogs and Facebook groups that i've been reading. I'm inspired to be the beginning of a family who eat and live more sustainably and in a way that is going to be a legacy for the future.
    On my way to a conference this weekend for my job, I signed up ages ago and since going primal obviously have changed my diet significantly. A little anxious as I'm not sure of the menu items as its a fully catered conference. I was thinking of emailing and requesting gluten free, dairy free, sugar free, and grain free meals but to a SAD caterer that probably sounds pretty limiting. Lol because primal is liberating, not limiting and it has made me feel SO much BETTER. Yay for break throughs.

Since beginning Primal:

Yay for feeling awesome!!

Maybe instead of emailing the cater with all those requests, you could email and ask what will be served and ask for some accommodations based on what's already being served. Ask some questions about the food that's closest to primal, and then make some suggestions on how it could be adjusted to your needs. You can always bring a few items with you as well (like snacks and homemade salad dressing). Good luck! Sounds like you're in a great place!

Current Primal Journal

Richardmac is online now Senior Member
    Hey just thought id stop in. SOunds like you are working your socks of at staying true to the course, and to yourself.

Coming home from work and being hungry is a hard time. Have you tried making your lunch up for work etc and making extra to sit in the frudge (be it tuna etc etc). This way you have something to eat when you get in and can then relax or cook T etc without feeling like the cookie jar is calling your name.

I suggest always always cooking too much for T. 1) it makes a great snack later at night, 2) Its great for lunch the next day and 3) its even better when you get in after work and acts as a buffer to you and your cravings.

With regards your trip, stay strong. I went to Italy earlier in the year and as you can imagine was surrounded by pasta, pastries etc. I didnt falter once. Even on a day when we decided to have lunch in this lovely busy square. It was ALL pastry shops, but I stayed true. You'd be surprised how amazing the meat and salad choices are if you just look.

Richard

Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast