Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 LastLast

Thread: My Primal Journal - his_chick page 22

his_chick is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Sunday:
    A day that went mostly well, much improved from the transgressions of the few days before.

Breakfast: 2 eggs with veges, silverbeet, pumpkin, tomato, cauliflower and broccoli and butter.
    Morning tea: black tea with some carrot sticks an guacamole.
    Lunch: Greek salad out with friends. Nibbled on some celery sticks and sour cream when I got home. I could eat that stuff like yogurt. Mmm.
    Dinner: chicken green Thai stir fry with lots of veges.
    Dessert: stewed apple with lactose free cream. Lol. It tasted funky. Not sure how you can take the lactose out. Black tea.

Also got my results over the phone, only spoke with the receptionist who said my results were 'good'. I'll let you know how 'good' when I get them in the mail.
    Went Primal on 1st April 2012

Since beginning Primal:
    - The stomach cramps I'd been having have vanished.
    - People comment that my skin is glowing.
    - I enjoy getting out of bed (most of the time)
    - I'm so excited by food.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread52255.html

I'm slowly falling off my wagon again...

Monday:
    Breakfast: veges and eggs with BBQ chicken.
    Morning Tea: can of tuna, banana, carrot sticks, a little BBQ chicken and some avocado.
    Lunch: steamed vegetables with chicken and avocado, silverbeet, carrot, pumpkin and cauliflower.
    Afternoon Tea: 3 pieces of Cadbury chocolate, handful of prunes and strawberries, 2 slices of silverside meat, black tea.
    Dinner: sweet potato boat with an egg, tomato and pumpkin.
    Dessert: black tea.

I'm running out of food so the primality of my choices isn't much at the moment. Trying to supplement with chicken and tuna but really am looking for some red meat soon.
    Last edited by his_chick; 07-09-2012 at 10:47 PM. Reason: Forgot the chocolate. :(

Since beginning Primal:

AbigailLyn is offline Senior Member
    haha your edit made me giggle. I ALWAYS forget to add in the chocolate. At least you're honest and confessed later! I usually just let it slide...

Yer. I tend to forget the things I don't wanna hafta tell you all about too.

Tuesday:
    Breakfast: pumpkin, 2 eggs, red capsicum and carrot.
    Morning tea: carrot sticks, can of tuna, banana and then I went crazy with th chocolate chip cookies. Had 3 plus 2 yam cookies and a cheese stick. Yuck. Felt it too.
    Lunch: celery sticks, avocado, pumpkin, tomato, red capsicum and carrot.
    Dinner: porterhouse steak with steamed silverbeet, broccoli, carrot, pumpkin, onion and mushrooms. Mmm.
    Dessert: mixed berries with cocoa and a mug of black tea.

Improved once I left morning tea but still have those sugar cravings.

Since beginning Primal:

Wednesday:
    Breakfast: 2 eggs with mixed steamed vegetables and some chicken pieces.
    Morning Tea: can of sundried tomato and rosemary tuna, celery sticks, red capsicum and 1/2 tomato.
    Lunch: 2 chicken drumsticks with steamed veges.
    Dinner: serve of beef and bacon meatloaf - no bread crumbs, 2 slices corned beef silverside.
    Dessert: finger full of cupcake mix. Mixed berries with cocoa.

Hada nice day, feeling satisfied and pleased with my primal progress.

Since beginning Primal:

Thursday:
    A happy majority primal day.
    Breakfast: two eggs, silverbeet, pumpkin, carrot and cauliflower. 2 slices corned silverside.
    Morning Tea: carrot and celery sticks, can of tomato and onion tuna, a banana and some red capsicum pieces.
    Lunch: ate so much I felt a little sick. Steamed veges with two big slices of corned silverside. Also a spoonful of carrot cake icing. Eek!
    4 black teas. I was cold and they were warming me up sooo well.
    Dinner: a chicken leg, steamed veges with a garlic cream sauce.
    No dessert tonight!
    Also no boot camp as well so I'm still behind.

Went to dinner with a friend and I vented and whinged and discussed with much passion my frustrations about my diet changes and how they aren't translating to weight changes. But the changes are for the better. I still feel 100% on what I was and although I still haven't managed to be self controlled enough to drop some fat kg I'm still very grateful for all the good things I've been blessed with. I'm more than blessed enough. So much more than I deserve.

Since beginning Primal:

Another happy week so far. I really am so blessed. To be honest I don't really remember what I ate Friday or even really Saturday, I've stopped tracking on myfitnesspal And didn't take the time to write it down. So I'll start from Monday through til today.

Monday:
    Breakfast: 2 eggs with veges, broccoli, cauliflower, silverbeet, tomato, tomato paste and whole grain mustard.
    Morning Tea: can of smoked tuna, red capsicum and celery sticks.
    Lunch: steamed veges with nuttelex and tomato paste.
    Dinner: went to Mum's for my dads 50th birthday, lamb roast with roast veges- potato, pumpkin, carrot. Broccoli and cauliflower. Ate strawberries and cream for dessert with some dark chocolate from on top of the cake. Didn't eat the cake tho.
    Happy day for a big birthday. The jersey I bought Dad was too small. I worry because that was the 2nd to biggest that they make.

I try so hard to help my family by showing a good example with my food and exercise choices. They would all benefit so much from seeing the changes I have plus would all probably see the weight loss benefits I haven't. Other than making it black and white and risk offending and getting them all off side and putting me in the 'black book' all I'm hoping is my good example to make a difference. So hard though.

Tuesday:
    Breakfast: 2 eggs with veges, cauliflower, silverbeet, a little chicken, pumpkin and tomato.
    Morning Tea: red capsicum, smoked tuna, celery and carrot sticks.
    Lunch: pumpkin, carrot, zucchini, steamed with BBQ chicken and tomato paste.
    Dinner: lamb loin chop with sweet potato, and grilled mushrooms.
    Black tea for dessert.
    Also went to boot camp, fitness test showed I've improved. Went from 5 runs and four lots of exercises to 6 runs and 6 lots of exercises in 20 mins.

Since beginning Primal:

I've not been very good at coming and journalling lately. I think it's a mix of not being proud of my efforts and also a couple of busy days all in a row.
    To list my mistakes would just be depressing so I'll list some good things.
    - hubby has started standing up for me when it comes to others asking why I don't want pizza or pasta with my meal.
    - MIL and my mum are both beginning to cook with evoo and minus the thickening agents like wheat flour or corn starch without me suggesting it.
    - I've got a friend making me some almond butter and flour so that I can start getting back into baking.
    - finally purchased primal blueprint. YAY! It's on it's way and I'm looking forward to reading it this week.

Getting back on the wagon is tough. Once I'm back on I'm gonna hold on tighter this time.

Since beginning Primal:

Still on my wagon. Did have a few higher sugar snacks yesterday - ice cream, chocolate and dried fruit but the intention to remain primal is still there. As my friend the spammer above says I definately do find work days easier. I'm occupied and not doing laps around the kitchen. I read another statement yesterday that said 'don't buy or have food in the house that tempts you' so this week I'm going to focus on if I must snack, to snack on primal options.
    Hope you all have a great week.

Since beginning Primal:

PrimalCon New York
    I'm struggling with self control. I look back now on when I thought I was doing badly and I was really doing well. Today and yesterday have been cake and chocolate and oh sooo much almond butter. It's just so addictive and I'm stuggling to say no to office morning teas again. Waiting on my primal blueprint book and hoping that it helps me to kick back my butt back into control over my eating. I really need to look after myself. I would love to be able to be accountable and not feel guilty all of the time. And I only feel guilty when I'm hiding away scoffing down food I know I don't need. I think there is some emotional issue that I need to control but I don't know what it is. A friend mentioned that she 'eats to live' but I definately have the mentality that I 'live to eat'. I thought I was so close to changing this around but I'm just as far away as ever.

Since beginning Primal:

Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 LastLast