Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: My Primal Journal - his_chick page 21

his_chick is offline Senior Member
    I'll read it right now! I love the success stories! Yay for one I might be able to relate to.
    Went Primal on 1st April 2012

Since beginning Primal:
    - The stomach cramps I'd been having have vanished.
    - People comment that my skin is glowing.
    - I enjoy getting out of bed (most of the time)
    - I'm so excited by food.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread52255.html

That was a great read. The whole fact that it took time for him to see results makes me feel inspired to continue my journey. Not that I was ever going to return to my CW ways but it definately adds another pin on the board of reasons to stick with it. Decided I'm gonna scrap my signature with my weight. Might keep the started primal date but will change the starting, current and goal weight figures to something more telling of how primal is helping me.

Since beginning Primal:

Primal-JoJo is offline Senior Member
    Your new signature seriously just made my day
    Primal: Because I like to have my steak, and eat it too

Current Primal Journal
    My Old Primal Journal - Surviving my summer away from home
    Food blog: Sex or Chocolate: I choose STEAK!

Mine too and it's 6.24am on a Saturday!

Since beginning Primal:

Super Saturday.

Woke early this morning to help my hubby get ready for fishing and ended up curling up on the lounge and watching some Greys. It's my most favourite and I feel really special when I take the time to relax and enjoy an episode or two. ;D.

Had a happy day, boot camp this morning was cardio/ boxing based and I really enjoyed the hour I spent out in the winters sun.
    Went straight to the Drs where I told him about my recent lifestyle and diet changes and he was encouraging. He said stressing over weight loss isn't going to help and that I don't 'need' to lose weight so stop stressing so much. I've got perfect blood pressure and my current weight is ideal for my current age and height. I knew all of this but aesthetically I'd love to lose 5% body fat.

Also received a referral to check through blood work my cholesterol, lipids and risk of diabetes and CVD due to the insance of both in my family history. Once I have the tests done it will be interesting to see the results and his interpretation of each. Fingers crossed.

Eating wise today I wasn't as successful as I would have liked. Started well. Oh well.

Breakfast: 2 Portuguese chicken drumsticks with an egg, a little tomato paste and some butter.
    Morning Tea: banana and soy chai latte.
    Lunch: BBQd snapper with way too many hot chips and tartare sauce. 3 pieces of G + B's 85% dark chocolate.

Not such a successful day. Good thing tomorrow is another chance for 100%.

Possibly won't eat a big dinner as lunch was quite late and I'm not feeling hungry yet. We'll see but if I do end up eating will be a chicken drumstick with salad.

Since beginning Primal:

Sunday!
    Did end up eating that drumstick, didn't have salad tho. Wasn't necessary.

Woke up early and got motivated once I was out of bed. Went for a run! Surprised? I am. made it almost 4kms without stopping and walked/ jogged for the next 6kms. Please with my effort but have injured my left foot again.

Skipped breakfast, had a large filling meal at my Mums and don't plan on eating dinner.

Today's eats:
    Fruit cheese, tasty cheese, cabannosi. Salami and pastrami, avocado cream cheese dip.
    2 lamb chops, small piece of grilled steak with mixed salad and potato salad.
    2 black teas and 2 large glasses of water.

Like I said, it was a big lunch.

Since beginning Primal:

Another happy day. Spent the day with my husband who was also off work for the day.

Fasted through breakfast because I had planned to go and give blood for my test to measure my triglycerides etc but because I also didn't end up eating dinner last night as well I had apparently fasted 'too long'. I hadn't realised it was possible to fast too long but apparently it is.
    Lunch: chicken drumstick, 2 lamb sausages, egg, pumpkin, broccoli and cauliflower.
    Dinner: lamb chop and beef bolognaise with avocado and sour cream.
    Naughtiest: had my first choco top in forever today when we went to the movies. Saw 'snow white and the huntsman'. It was ok, pretty good but won't need to go again. Also had an apple with thickened cream for dessert and 2 cups of tea and a mug of almond milk hot chocolate.
    Happy day off. Enjoyed the day. I start at my new clinic tomorrow. Excited!

Since beginning Primal:

New clinic is going well! Enjoying looking forward to the new challenges that might come.

Breakfast: 1/2 banana and cocoa almond milk smoothie with an egg wizzed in.
    Morning tea: 75g steak with capsicum and tomato.
    Lunch: beef bolognaise with avocado and sour cream and mixed shredded greens.
    Cheat: 2 baby flakes out of Cadbury Celebrations box.
    Dinner: bolgnaise with salad. (planned).

Boot camp weigh in tonight, feeling heavy right now after lunch but hoping for a loss when I weigh in.
    Fingers crossed!

Edit:
    Didn't end up at boot camp, ran late at work and wouldn't have made it there in time for the session.
    Dinner: made bacon, chicken breast, mushroom and onion sautéed in olive oil and butter and then mixed through some thickened cream. Yum! Added some steamed silverbeet and sundried tomatoes and it was delish! Had dessert too, I know I shouldn't have but yummy! 1/2 apple with mixed berries and cream and a mug of black tea.
    I'm looking forward to lunch tomorrow!
    Last edited by his_chick; 07-03-2012 at 04:18 AM.

Since beginning Primal:

Another happy day. Freeeeezing outside so I'm happy I'm inside and getting paid for it.

Got my blood test done this morning, looking for changes to my cholesterol and blood lipids. Also checking for diabetes and CVD, so won't know the results for a few days. Hoping for normal if not better than normal results. As you would.

Breakfast: banana, cocoa, egg and avocado smoothie with almond milk.
    Morning Tea: 1/2 apple, 1/2 capsicum, 6 small sticks of celery nada black tea.
    Lunch: sautéed bacon, onion, chicken and mushrooms with steamed silverbeet and cauliflower. No cream with this one.
    Dinner: we've got State of Origin tonight, I'm barracking for NSW to win the 3 game series for the first time in 6 years. Not sure what we'll have to eat but I've got lots of leftovers from the past two days so I'll have a primal option if hubby chooses to get pizza or something else I don't wanna eat.
    Go Blues!

Since beginning Primal:

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Haven't checked in for a while. Also haven't been tracking with myfitnesspal either so I'll do my best to remember everything but might be a stretch.

Ok. Where was I up to. The 4th. Happy independent day to all my US friends. Glad u all had great days off.

Going back to State of Origin night. My team lost by 1 point. So close and a fantastic game but just as disappointing to get so close and yet still lose.

Wednesday Dinner: Hubby got combination noodles and some spring rolls. I ate a few bites of a spring roll just to taste it and was happy to leave it there. It was nice, but not amazing. I don't heaps remember what I had unfortunately, I think maybe eggs, veges and leftover beef bolognaise? Mixed berries and cream for dessert too.

Thursday:
    Breakfast: 2 eggs and veges.
    Morning Tea: 1/2 tomato, can of tomato and onion tuna, 1/2 red capsicum and some celery sticks.
    Lunch: steamed veges with butter. Silverbeet, pumpkin, carrot, cauliflower, broccoli and some bacon pieces.
    Dinner: sweet potato stuffed with beef bolognaise, sundried tomatoes, avocado and sour cream.
    Boot camp went really well, enjoyed the evening staying active.

Friday!
    Went to the big smoke for the day for a mid morning meeting and packed my own lunch. I was sooo glad because there were no options to eat primally and having my own stash meant that I wasn't even tempted to buy anything.

Breakfast: 2 eggs and veges.
    Morning Tea/ Lunch: black tea, banana, 2 boiled eggs, carrot, sundried tomatoes and celery sticks, can of tuna and probably 2 serves of almonds.
    Afternoon Tea: large apple and water.

So after a great happy energetic primal day I went and ruined it out of obligation. I was so disappointed with dinner/ dessert. We were hosted for dinner so therefore the obligation part but man I was disappointed with my choice to eat.

Dinner: 3 pieces of KFC chicken- wing, breast and ?piece. Mixed steam veges which included corn and peas. Haven't eated corn in so long.
    Dessert: mixed berries with light cream - who buys light!! and a spoonful each of custard, chocolate sauce and cheesecake filling.

Saturday:
    Yet another day that started well and only got worse.
    Breakfast: bacon and eggs with veges and butter.
    Went to the movies with hubby and my brother in law, ate the chocolate off the top of the choco-top and a few potato chips.
    Dinner: nibbled on a bit of everything, celery sticks, left over bacon, left over egg, cup of black tea, two chocolate dinner mints...
    2 beef sausages, eggs and steamed veges.
    Dessert: apple with cream.
    Disappointing.

Since beginning Primal:

Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast