Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: My Primal Journal - his_chick page 20

his_chick is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Just read a quote on Pinterest that says: 'don't be upset about the results you didn't get with the work you didn't do'. I suppose I was just expecting that my diet changes and boot camp sessions twice a week along with incidental exercise each day would be enough to help lose weight through metabolism changes.
    Evidently not. I popped the button off my pants at work yesterday. So embarrassed. I'm trying to be a good example for others with the changes I've made to my diet and attitude toward food and exercise but I'm definately letting myself down by not getting out there and doing more functional exercise like the LHT or walking.
    I may not be 100%, 100% of the time but I hope to think I'm really doing well. I definately feel better within myself. I'm loving my meals and the options available and that primal has given me a spark I didn't have before.
    My pants are actually tighter. Hence the button pop. It may be just continual bloating but it is noticeable. I haven't weighed myself although I do have a weigh in a boot camp tonight so I'll be able to know for sure.
    So. Aims for this week.
    1. Despite feeling heavier and tighter in my clothes don't let that discourage the healthier habits ive managed.
    2. Get out and do some more activity. Walk to the shops instead of using the car if I need to.
    3. Drink more water.
    4. Keep noticing the positives- like a clearer mind, clearer skin and the enjoyment that eating healthy whole, real foods gives.

Monday's breakdown:
    Breakfast: roast pork, broccoli, silverbeet, tomato, zucchini, 2 eggs.
    Morning Tea: banana, red capsicum, roast pork, 1/2 tomato.
    Lunch: roast pork with roast veges, silverbeet and broccoli.
    Afternoon Tea: can of salmon and small amount corned beef
    Dinner: big salad with iceberg lettuce, tasty and feta cheese, cucumber, tomato, a boiled egg. A small apple.
    Resisted the hot chips at th football and said a happy 'no thanks' to the offer of an ice cream.
    A happy day.
    Booked in at the Dr's finally. Appointment this Saturday to request to get my hormone levels checked and ask if there are any issues stopping me losing weight although I think he will encourage me just keep trying.

Went Primal on 1st April 2012

Since beginning Primal:
    - The stomach cramps I'd been having have vanished.
    - People comment that my skin is glowing.
    - I enjoy getting out of bed (most of the time)
    - I'm so excited by food.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread52255.html

Wow. Just read over my reply above and it sounds so scatter brained. Happy- sad- happy- sad.

Since beginning Primal:

Ok. So regardless of the little pep talk I gave myself yesterday I still didn't get out of bed for a run/ walk early this morning. Major let down of self motivation.

Tuesday's eats:
    Breakfast: 2 eggs, silverbeet, zucchini, broccoli and a little tomato paste concentrate for extra flavour.
    Morning Tea: can of sundried tomato and rosemary tuna, 1/2 tomato and 1/3 red capsicum.
    Lunch: last of the roast pork, broccoli, silverbeet and some carrots.
    Dinner: 100g or so of grilled chicken, steamed carrot, silverbeet and broccoli.
    Dessert: 1/2- serve of mixed berries.

Fall out from boot camp is that I've added another kilo of scale weight to my frame. As discussed yesterday my clothes are still tight and I've not been exercising as I must need to to kick start the fat loss. Not totally stuck on the scale weight but I do agree with hubby that for my current level of activity I may need to reduce the quantity of food to accommodate less exercise. Going to really improve the quality so that I don't lose any of the good gains I've made through primal, both mental and emotional. I've been getting so frustrated with my body and it shows through me being snappy and short tempered. I've never handled confrontation very well and the frustration on top is spinning me out. Until I see some improvements I'm going to attempt to reduce my frequency of eating back down to 3 meals a day rather than 6 or 7 where I currently am. It'll be tough because work is so focused on eating at meal breaks.

Today is my last day at my current work location before I move along to a smaller clinic next week. I'm happy to be moving along but at the same time a little nervous. I'm also expecting a huge spread of 'goodies' at morning tea today and am a little concerned about how to seem grateful and celebratory if I don't eat very much of it. Eek! My current strategy is to say thank you with a smile and try to put it away 'for later'.
    Wish me luck!

Since beginning Primal:

Morning All,

Wednesday went well. I was blessed with a farewell morning tea in my honour as I am moving clinics at work. I was greeted with a huge beautiful strawberry mud cake and several dip and crackers with cheese and cabannosi platters.
    I'm very pleased to announce that I stayed as close as I could to primal and strongly maintained my resolve. From the smorgasbord I had a few slices of cabannosi topped with some sweet chilli cream cheese, avocado, and pesto dips and a strawberry. I also tried some cashew, cranberry and pomegranate clusters before realising they were cashews.
    I took home some cake 'for later' but I don't feel tempted or worried about no eating it.
    I ate my grilled chicken salad for lunch and chose to IF through to breakfast this morning.

I've woken this morning feeling great, although a little light headed.
    Happy that I didn't feel the need to eat the cake or crackers and please that I only had the small amounts that I did.

Since beginning Primal:

AbigailLyn is offline Senior Member
    Wow his_chick! Impressive! And it sounds like you did it all without offending your very thoughtful coworkers! So much of this change has been difficult for me because food is such a sensitive subject for people and sharing it usually comes from so much good intention and thought, and I am really happy that you were able to find a way to accept it and be grateful without sabotaging your progress!

what is cabannosi?

Primal-JoJo is offline Senior Member
    Impressive for sure! So glad you're keeping at it!
    Primal: Because I like to have my steak, and eat it too

Current Primal Journal
    My Old Primal Journal - Surviving my summer away from home
    Food blog: Sex or Chocolate: I choose STEAK!

It's a highly processed deli meat kind of like a mild salami made with beef and pork. Cabanossi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It's definately not healthy but a little more primal than crackers that were the alternative. I hope that I didn't offend too many people- they might say otherwise but I was quite happy with my choice.

Since beginning Primal:

Thursday Happiness.

Breakfast: a bowl of silverbeet steamed with some butter in the microwave.
    Morning Tea: 50g grilled chicken breast, a banana and 2 or so servings of pumpkin seed clusters, a cup of tea and 2 tblspoons of zesty cream cheese dip
    Lunch: 50g grilled chicken breast, a carrot raw and some iceberg lettuce.
    Afternoon Tea: mug of homemade chicken stock, handful of mixed berries.
    Dinner: bowl of silverbeet, tomato, mushroom, two eggs and some pork fat left from the pork roast we had recently.
    After Dinner: Black tea.

So. I haven't been able to only eat three times each day but I have been trying to make my portions smaller. I haven't exercised unfortunately but restocked to fridge last night so hoping for some more interesting meals this coming week.
    Feeling good. Going to the Dr tomorrow to ask about my hormone levels and hoping to also get some bloods done to check my blood lipids, triglycerides, cholesterol and kidneys. Is there anything else I should ask for?

Since beginning Primal:

Friday Funday!

Woke hungry and happy.
    Breakfast: rasher of middle bacon an a fried egg.
    Morning Tea/ Lunch: 2 Portuguese chicken drumsticks, mixed tossed salad, several pieces of colby cheese with guacamole dip.
    Dinner: 2 apricot chicken drumsticks, 1/2 cup beef and vegetable casserole and 1/2 cup frozen peas and green beans mix.
    Dessert: dessert spoon each of fruit yogurt, custard and cream with a small bowl of stewed fruit. 2 black teas and small amount of pistachios and dried cranberries.
    The temptations of dessert were too much. My BIL is also Paleo/ Primal and when I saw him eating dessert my resolve caved unfortunately. Probably realised I'm not as mentally strong as I thought I was. Dang! A win for the temptations.

Plans for the weekend:
    Go my hardest at boot camp tomorrow.
    Look forward to a positive appointment with my Dr, hoping for some good results.
    Saturday lunch with a friend and dinner with my husband.
    Church on Sunday morning, lunch with my family and a run in the afternoon.

Hope you all have a productive happy one too.

Since beginning Primal:

Primal-JoJo is offline Senior Member
    Hey his_chick! Glad to see in such a great mood! Way to go on making the best primal choices in less than ideal circumstances!

Have you read today's success story on the MDA blog?? It immediately made me think of you. Since you don't have a lot to lose focusing on the process might be a really good idea instead of the number on the scale. You always seem to enjoy what you're doing any way - but if you haven't read today's blog, I would suggest you do. Looking at his charts might be helpful since you can see weight going up and down, yet trending downwards.

Hope you're having a good one!
    Primal: Because I like to have my steak, and eat it too

Current Primal Journal
    My Old Primal Journal - Surviving my summer away from home
    Food blog: Sex or Chocolate: I choose STEAK!

Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast