Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: My Primal Journal - his_chick page 2

lucy1984 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by his_chick View Post
    Lol. Sure did. I thought that waking up and being able to eat after my 12 hour fast would be heaps easier. Just made my husband dinner and it was completely primal and he loved it! Big win for me!

Big confession though, I had a piece of sugar filled, flour filled, dairy filled cake. It was yummy and I haven't had any in ages so I'm not gonna beat myself up too much but it did break my 100% for April vow.

Final intake stats for today:
    1068 calories total

59g or 48% fat
    77g or 28% protein and
    66g or 24% carbs.

Excited for tomorrow!

Well it's only a few days into Aprila, so you can still be 100% for the rest of April!

his_chick is offline Senior Member
    Happy Wednesday!

Have had an excellent day so far. IF from lunch yesterday until breakfast this morning and woke up bouncing.

Breakfast: egg with silverbeet, zucchini and some 50g of leftovers (bacon, chicken, onion and coconut milk stir fry).
    Morning Tea: 10g almonds, 10g of brazilnuts, 6 each of carrot and celery sticks, slice each of ham and pastrami, boiled egg.
    Lunch: Huge salad with 150g of left overs as above. 1/2 valencia orange.
    Afternoon Tea: (planned) black tea with 1/2 banana.
    Dinner: might try to go without again and see how I feel in the morning.

Just finished lunch and I'm feeling really full. It's a good thing.

Well, I did it, made it to bedtime and only had a black tea and banana since lunch.

Totals for today:
    1062 calories
    66g fat
    69g carbs
    62 g protein.

Feeling energetic and excited for a happy weekend with family. Will be challenging but pumped all the while.
    Happy Easter!

Another good day so far, slept in and ate breakfast at home with my husband.

Breakfast: 1 egg, silverbeet, 1/2 tomato, zucchini and some leftover potato bake.
    Morning Tea: (resisted the shortbread, banana bread and chic chip biscuits) and enjoyed my egg and carrot/ celery sticks and 10g each of both almonds and brazilnuts.
    Lunch: HUGE salad with more leftover potato bake.
    Dinner: (planned) Beef savoury mince and vegetable stirfry. Boys night so I'll be home alone which is my weakness at its worst. HOPING To stay strong and stick primal and on the happy road I'm on. Everybody cross ur fingers for me!
    Last edited by his_chick; 04-04-2012 at 11:33 PM. Reason: Typo!!

Have had a mixed success evening. Ended up at mum and dad in-laws for dinner and hoed into the mixed nuts she has. Had a big handful of cashews, brazil nuts and hazelnuts- so Paleo but not good for my calorie count. Is excess omega 6 an issue? My paleotracker has been warning me that I'm having too much?
    Dinner was a tomato based beef casserole with steak and chickpeas and steamed veges. MIL try's so hard to be supportive but hadn't realised I wasn't eating chickpeas anymore (as I used to) so I picked them out. Had 2 mugs of black tea and enjoyed the evening with family.
    Tomorrow beings the big challenging weekend. Spending the Easter weekend with family who are unaware of my recent diet changes so will be interesting bringing them up to speed.
    Yay!

missblue is offline Senior Member
    Omega 6 may be an issue, especially since Australia has (sadly) been moving away from grassfed meat. Do you know
    if your meat is grain finished?

I try to balance Omega 6 with fish oil / eating fish.

I also cut out nuts--found they did not promote weight loss and really pushed up Omega 6 numbers.
    Good luck on your weekend!

Yes, you are right miss blue. Nuts certainly drive up the calorie count. Additionally I only need 20 grams of almonds and brazilnuts and I'm over my omega 6 quota. Hope to be able to eat more fish soon. Just have to find which ones don't make me feel I'll afterwards.

Weekend away with family is going well, have maintained my resolve. I was craving a cold milo whilst watching my nephew with one and not wanting the sugar or dairy milk made one with unsweetened almond milk and cocoa. Ewww. It was gross.

Food wise have stayed primal and eaten lots of fresh salad, veges, eggs and fruit.

Another good day here, stayed strong through the biggest chocolate day of the year.

Breakfast: 2 eggs, pumpkin, tomato and carrot. Earl grey tea - black.
    Lunch: steak, salad and veges, did have some hot chips too but a little potato hopefully won't ruin my good work.
    Snacks: had a plum and a handful of grapes.
    Dinner: not sure, going to SIL so will manage with what I can. She's been very accommodating so far.

It's been a very successful weekend so far so here's hoping I can continue.

Fingers crossed!
    Went Primal on 1st April 2012

Since beginning Primal:
    - The stomach cramps I'd been having have vanished.
    - People comment that my skin is glowing.
    - I enjoy getting out of bed (most of the time)
    - I'm so excited by food.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread52255.html

Dinner last night was beautiful corned beef with vegetables with a black tea for dessert. Primal all day which made me feel awesome about my resolve.

Well. Unfortunately today was a little less impressive.

Breakfast: 2 eggs, carrot, pumpkin and corned beef omelette.
    Lunch: store bought salad which until I opened didn't realise it had pasta salad included. I ate it because I'd paid for it and afterwards wished I hadn't but I was hungry and it was there.
    Dinner: 1 egg with broccoli, silverbeet, tomato and coconut cream.
    Dessert: mixed berries with coconut cream and a spoonful of peanut butter.

A disappointing end to an almost good day. Annoyed.
    Back from our Easter weekend away and hoping to continue the good habits I'm trying to build.
    Putting tonight behind me.

Since beginning Primal:

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I'm slowing down a bit, didn't journal yesterday and I noticed because I hadn't set out my goals or intentions for the day I found myself snacking. Hmm.
    So. Yesterday was first day back at work. We had a 'healthy morning tea' celebrating our runner up status in a work competition. The platter was piled high with cheeses and fresh fruit and I unfortunately indulged a little too much. Had probably 3 serves of fruits and way more than the 3 pieces of cheese I was going to allow myself. Other than the cheeses I stuck with primal options. No breads or crackers.
    Yesterday was also our wedding anniversary and so we ordered dinner from the local Italian restaurant. My husband had garlic marina pasta and I chose the asparagus chicken with a garlic cream sauce and vegetables. It too probably had too much cream but by not getting a pasta I remove the temptation to eat grains. Is asparagus primal? I thought about it after eating and wondered because you probably wouldn't eat it raw? Hmm. May have slipped up there too.
    Had an almond milk tea after dinner with some berries and coconut cream. Unsure of breakdown for yesterday but definitely higher in both fat and carbs.

Good thing today is a new day and I can start over. Again.

Slept really well last night and up and out of bed easily despite the cooler weather that has hit.
    Breakfast : egg, silverbeet, 1/2 tomato and 1/4 of a zucchini cooked into an omelette.
    Morning Tea: (planned) Celery and carrot sticks, almonds and brazilnuts.
    Lunch: (planned) BIG salad with canned spring tuna.
    Afternoon Tea: (planned) black tea and a piece of fruit.
    Dinner: Hoping to make a savoury mince with vegetables to be able to eat for lunch tomorrow. My husband will probably have pasta left over so I'll add some zucchini linguine to bulk mine out a bit. I'm excited for dinner.

Exercise: with my assessment last week the trainer also gave me some circuits for weights. This morning was arms, shoulders and back for about 45 mins, slow and steady. I then also spent about 15mins walking/ cross trainer.

It's a good day. I'm smiling, hope you are too.
    I'll check back in and let you all know how my planned things went.

Since beginning Primal:

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast