Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: My Primal Journal - his_chick page 19

AbigailLyn is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I need to try Meatzza too. Pizza is (apparently) a huge weakness for me but I have yet to venture into meatzza land...let me know if you find any good recipes!

Also I ate a bunch of "gluten free" baked goods this weekend at a party. THEY ARE GROSS! They all just substitute nasty rice flour and other grain flours, and I'm like if you're going to eat something that makes you feel crappy, it may as well TASTE good. No point in eating it otherwise

I had no idea what silverbeet was either. Swiss Chard is one of my top 5 veggies by far.

primalmontana is offline Senior Member
    I get most of my recipes on chowstalker.com. This website has opened a new world of primal eating. They also have desert stalker.com

his_chick is offline Senior Member
    Sounds fantastic. I love new recipe places.

Another great day, I'm really enjoying the new challenges facing me at work.

Today's eats:
    Breakfast: bacon and poached eggs. Black tea.
    Morning Tea: can of sundried tomato tuna.
    Lunch: subway salad bowl with roast beef.
    Afternoon tea: 9 pieces of 85% dark chocolate, 1/2 avocado, and a poached egg.
    Dinner: Sicilian lamb- loin chops with garlic in a garlic minted sauce with potato gratin and tossed salad. Mmm...
    Dessert: splurged and suffered for it but it was definitely amazing. chocolate toblerone cheesecake. Mmm. Mmm. Black tea.

A. very.yummy. day. DDD
    Went Primal on 1st April 2012

Since beginning Primal:
    - The stomach cramps I'd been having have vanished.
    - People comment that my skin is glowing.
    - I enjoy getting out of bed (most of the time)
    - I'm so excited by food.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread52255.html

Home again!!
    Had another great day at work today. Brave, stoic children make my work easier.
    Breakfast: lamb chops with poached eggs.
    Morning tea: red capsicum, Moroccan tuna, carrot and an avocado.
    Lunch: broccoli, carrot, garlic butter and egg and sundried tomatoes.
    Dinner: hearty beef and vegetable soup with 10g butter and an egg stirred through.

Went a little overboard on the g+b 85% today. Almost ate a whole block since last night. Eeek! Gonna hafta reign that in.
    Didn't track today or yesterday and I'm finding I'm stressing a lot less about the numbers. I did however indulge with cheesecake last night and g+b today so I haven't given my body a very good stress free platform from which to start losing some weight.
    Hoping over the next week to see some changes in my clothes.
    Last edited by his_chick; 06-20-2012 at 01:36 AM.

Since beginning Primal:

Primal-JoJo is offline Senior Member
    If your finding that you're having a lot of sugar cravings, consider eating some fruit to help with that. For a long time, I really liked having a smoothie for dessert. I found that helped me a lot when I was starting out. I use lots of coconut milk (the creamy stuff from the can, not the watered down stuff from the carton) and then whatever fruit (although berries are best for weight loss, cuz they're the lowest in sugars), and I also use sugar-free (stevia sweetened) vanilla protein powder - to make sure I'm getting enough protein as sometimes I found it hard to eat enough to actually eat enough protein.

If you want smoothie recipes let me know! I have a bunch that taste just like dessert - but are good for you!

By the way, your food intake looks a lot more satisfying now! Nice work! The best part about primal is letting go of the counting and just enjoying eating clean, healthy and yummy food!
    Primal: Because I like to have my steak, and eat it too

Current Primal Journal
    My Old Primal Journal - Surviving my summer away from home
    Food blog: Sex or Chocolate: I choose STEAK!

Thursday!
    Back to normality with work and home life. Really enjoyed the little break. Puts things in perspective.
    Breakfast: silverbeet, zucchini, 2 eggs, sundried tomatoes, pumpkin and a little butter.
    Morning Tea: red capsicum, smoked tuna, avocado, celery sticks.
    Lunch: egg, mixed salad (cos lettuce, capsicum, tomato, celery, sundried tomatoes, cucumber) with Mexican style tuna and avocado.
    Afternoon Tea: a little ham, a banana and a mandarine. Black tea.
    Dinner: yellowfin tuna steaks with steamed veges and butter.
    Dessert: mixed berries, cocoa, coconut, dark chocolate. Yummy!

Writing it all down makes it look like I've eaten sooo much food. Just love food.

Since beginning Primal:

Friday.

Busy busy day.
    Breakfast: steamed veges (broccoli, zucchini, silverbeet, tomato, pumpkin) with butter and yellowfin tuna.
    Morning Tea: red capsicum, smoked tuna, 1/2 avocado, celery sticks, banana
    Lunch: mixed salad (cos lettuce, tomato, capsicum, avocado, sundried tomatoes) with yellowfin tuna steaks
    Afternoon Tea: some g+b dark chocolate, celery sticks.
    Dinner: went to a friends house and although dinner wasn't primal in the least I chose to enjoy the company and enjoy being waited on. Gnocchi with mushroom sauce and crumbed lamb cutlets.
    Dessert: cut up watermelon and grapes. 2 black teas.

Had a restless sleep and I noticed that my tummy felt a lot more bloated.
    :|

Since beginning Primal:

Weekend Love!
    Saturday
    Started well, hubby went fishing in the morning so I was home for most of the day on my own, not that, that is a trouble I just tend to boredom eat a lot more without someone there to bounce my boredom off.
    Also took the time to find some local produce farmers stalls to buy fresh from. I think I was a lot cheaper, tomatoes were only $3 for 2 kilos which is much cheaper than the normal supermarkets.
    Breakfast: 2 eggs, 4 slices of bacon, steamed spinach, cooked tomato and mushrooms. Sat and watch an episode of my favourite tele show too!
    Morning Tea/ Snacks: rest of the g+b dark chocolate, 2 apples, 2 cups of black tea, quarter of a wheel of sweet chilli cream cheese.
    Dinner: BBQ chicken with steamed veges and 2 eggs. Small handful of almonds.
    I was feeling a little lonely and left out on Saturday which probably added to my snacky feelings. Being alone meant that I was able to do lots of things around the house but I was missing the noise and prescence of being with people so I went over to my in laws and spent some time there.

Since beginning Primal:

Sunday!

Breakfast: 2 eggs with steamed greens and butter.
    Morning Tea: tea at my Mums, I didn't eat anything... I dont think I did. Whoops. Have to say thats the downside to not tracking as I go. Might have to start tracking in words only.
    Lunch: egg, bacon, spinach salad with tomato and capsicum.
    Dinner: roast pork with crackling and roast veges, steamed silverbeet and broccoli.
    Dessert: steamed apple and blueberries with thickened cream and a spoonful of custard. Black tea too.

I'm not losing. Admittedly I did have chocolate and cheesecake this past week but it's definately frustrating me how little effect my dietary changes have had on my metabolism. So disappointed I don't have a success story. Meh!.

Since beginning Primal:

Primal-JoJo is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    You don't have a lot to lose, so it might be slower to see results, especially if your not 100% - which is fine, slow and steady, I say. Have you by any chance taken any measurements? Are your clothes feeling any looser? Instead of looking at the scale, how do you feel about eating primal?

Also how's your fitness? Are you trying out more primal forms of exercise? A bit of strength training, occasional sprints, and some good slow movements like walking/hiking? Or are you doing cardio?
    Primal: Because I like to have my steak, and eat it too

Current Primal Journal
    My Old Primal Journal - Surviving my summer away from home
    Food blog: Sex or Chocolate: I choose STEAK!

Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast