Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: My Primal Journal - his_chick page 17

his_chick is offline Senior Member
    Is there anyway to stop the random posts like the one above? It's a little annoying. :|
    Went Primal on 1st April 2012

Since beginning Primal:
    - The stomach cramps I'd been having have vanished.
    - People comment that my skin is glowing.
    - I enjoy getting out of bed (most of the time)
    - I'm so excited by food.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread52255.html

primalmontana is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by his_chick View Post
    Tuesday Fallout.
    Tuesday wasn't the best day. Was really slow at work and then there were the chocolate temptations. A meh moment. Also had boot camp where I weighed in heavier again. Pretty disappointed.

Breakfast: a banana, raced out of the house and didn't have a chance to make anything better.
    Morning Tea: can of tomato and onion tuna, celery sticks, 1/2 tomato and a 1/4 of a red capsicum.
    Lunch: a serve of beef and vegetable chunky soup with some pumpkin pieces.
    Dinner: more beef and vege soup this time with some celery sticks.
    Snacks: 2 Caramel filled Cadbury squares and 3 Tasmanian chocolate truffles. They were amazing. Also 2 mugs of black tea.

Breakdown:
    860 calories

295g carbs! Not quite sure how 41g of chocolate can add up to 225g of carbs but ooops!
    30g fat
    67g protein.
    :|
    This is NOWHERE near my fallouts the last 2 days- easily clearing 2000 calories! Atleast your indulgence in chocolate did not send you into a feeding frenzy!

It almost did! It was only that my uncle took the chocolate truffles away or I'm sure I could have cleared the 15 or something left in the box! He must have read my mind because I reallllllly wanted another 10 and he just packed them up and put them away. Lol. I'm such a nibbler. (think I just made that up). I love picking and nibbling everything in sight and completely struggle to not do it.
    Hubby still thinks that I eat too much, and without any weight loss I find it hard to explain that I'm not. He isn't interested at all in trying Primal and that makes it hard too. Bread and starches are very filling so he assumes that when he is full that I would HAVE to be as well. Any suggestions? I'm still hungry but looking at the pile of food that I'm eating he doesn't see the possibility and thinks I'm over eating for the sake of it. I'm not losing weight and he thinks it's because I eat too much. I think it's because my body is at a stand still and I'm going to have to get some help from a primal/ paleo minded person to know where to go from here. Any suggestions?

Since beginning Primal:

primalmontana is offline Senior Member
    No way in hell you eat too much! Sometimes not even 1000 cal...I would be starving. I would increase your protein and your fats. This won't look like much on the plate so your hubby probably won't notice. I strive to hit 100-140g of protein/day. If you had 6oz-8oz of steak, small salad w/ EVOO, and maybe small amt of sweet potato for dinner would this seem like too much? I sure hope not.

My husband is not completely primal either. He is getting much better, though and has even started cooking primal dinners. We still have tons of non-primal stuff in the house for him and my daughter. I'm trying very hard for them both to eat as primally as possible, it's a slow process. I guess it is for me too though as I still binge.

I don't know what else to tell ya other than if you are still hungry you are not eating enough! Tell him to shove it

Primal-JoJo is offline Senior Member
    Hi there his_chick! Thanks so much for your comment on my journal - lol glad someone enjoys my ramblings!

I've been peaking through your journal - great work so far! I think overall you do pretty well with temptations. When I first started primal, I indulged quite a bit more than you seem to. I definitely have always struggled with just eating "one" of something - so it seems like you're doing well with that and getting over it, and just keeping going - which is important in the long run.

I'm with primalmontana 100% though - you should not be hungry when eating primal - my main suggestion would be to up your fat and protein. Your calories in general look way too low to me and I'm a bit smaller than you. I ate A LOT when I first started (and still do sometimes), but the pounds just melted off because I was eating the right things, calories didn't matter that much. Other than walking, I wasn't even exercising, while eating a ton. My amounts gradually went down as my body adjusted- but this happened naturally as my body was better nourished and was no longer hungry. I would guess that you're not losing weight because your body is starving and hanging on to the pounds for dear life. Also is there any reason you need to count calories? Generally, primal is about not counting calories - is there any specific primal reason you are doing this for?
    Primal: Because I like to have my steak, and eat it too

Current Primal Journal
    My Old Primal Journal - Surviving my summer away from home
    Food blog: Sex or Chocolate: I choose STEAK!

I suppose I'm counting to try and lose weight and in my head I'm still stuck on the calories in/calories out idea. I'm soooo keen to lose some weight so I am willing to try anything to help. I'll read through some more journals and get an idea about where and how I can increase my fat and protein intakes. I am also exercising lots so that probably is making my body hold on even tighter to my stores.
    The fact that my husband is in very much of a CW mindset doesn't help, everybody else in my world is and so lean meals are the standard. All the fat gets trimmed and portion sizes are quite small. I am hungry and from scanning through journals I shouldn't be.
    Happy for any and all suggestions. Lay it on me.
    Thanks to you all for your help so far.

Since beginning Primal:

Wednesday!

Breakfast: beef and vegetable soup with a boiled egg and sliced zucchini.
    Morning Tea: 1/2 tomato, tomato and onion tuna, celery sticks and 1/4 capsicum.
    Lunch: beef and vegetable soup with sliced zucchini. Caramello Cadbury square.
    Dinner: 4 slices bacon, 3 eggs, 4 celery sticks, 1/2 tomato, broccoli omelette.
    Dessert: butterscotch square, handful of almonds, pear, sundried tomatoes, picked at the rest of some BBQ chicken.

Another nibbling day.
    Breakdown:
    Calories: 1199
    Carbs: 66g
    Fat: 36g
    Protein: 110g
    Sugars: 41g

Since beginning Primal:

AbigailLyn is offline Senior Member
    Hey his_chick! As for getting more fat in, and you're totally welcome to scoff at me (most people do), my main source is gf butter which...I...blend into my coffee. Whatever, the old vegetarian cw me would've vomitted at the idea of this, but it's delicious and is a super easy way to up the fat content.

check Recipe: How to Make Your Coffee Bulletproof…And Your Morning Too The Bulletproof Executive if you're interested. I swear to god it's delicious. I don't do it every morning, but when breakfast feels a little lighter or I foresee a day of lighter eating it's fabulous for satiation.

Also, and this is something that's also worked for me (and just been really freeing in terms of killing my need to eat every 3 hours), a lot of people find success cutting out the snacks and just having bigger meals. I originally did it by trying a leptin reset, although I only made it through about 10 days, but no longer snack at all unless I'm anxious. I know a lot of other people who it has been the key to weight loss for them. Just thoughts!

Have an awesome day!

Primal-JoJo is offline Senior Member
    I definitely have sympathies to your situation of being surrounded by cw. It seems like you might want to do a bit more reading on MDA and really get into the mind set of primal. Portions, can be small with primal, but they don't have to be. I myself become a raging beast if my portions are too small. But if the portion thing is an issue of "keeping up appearances" - I second AbigailLyn's suggestion - butter (and coconut oil) could be some good options for sneaking in extra fat/calories. Maybe just add some extra fat to your veggies when your husband is not looking. Or try my "primal crack" a piece of dark chocolate with a teaspoon (or even more) of coconut oil on it. I would also suggest eating more eggs. Cheap, convenient, good source of both fat and protein. Extra fat and extra eggs is how I've been getting by at my parents' house where the portions are sometimes too small for my liking (because I don't eat the grains on the side).

Another thing to think about is shifting your ideas about how a man vs a woman should eat. This is much easier said than done... I know that I used to feel a bit embarrassed about this, because there's this idea that a woman should eat less than a man, and in many ways this often is the case. I tend to eat pretty equal portions compared to my boyfriend. But at breakfast I often eat more eggs than he does. I need a minumum of 3 eggs to get through my day. I just decided to get over feeling embarrassed and do what's best for me. I've embraced the fact that I eat LIKE A MAN! This has served me very well in losing and maintaining my weight. So something to think about...
    Primal: Because I like to have my steak, and eat it too

Current Primal Journal
    My Old Primal Journal - Surviving my summer away from home
    Food blog: Sex or Chocolate: I choose STEAK!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    JoJo- I love how you say 'eat like a man'. Lol. And that you've lost weight doing it too. Makes me feel so much better about continuing primal.
    I think I'm definitely going to get the PB book just so I can read it cover to cover. I spend almost all day on the MDA forums some days but there's still so much to learn.
    I've been adding an extra can of tuna and big chunks of butter to my breakfast and lunch to increase the satiation factor. Still hasn't got me through to dinner without thinking about food but I'm sure that will come with time.

Thursday:
    Breakfast: beef and vegetable soup with 2 eggs.
    Morning Tea: celery sticks, tomato and onion tuna, 1/2 tomato and a banana.
    Lunch: broccoli, pumpkin, zucchini, carrot (all steamed) with smoked tuna
    Dinner: went out for dinner with 3 friends to an Asian affair restaurant. I find Asian food is never temperature hot enough but it was a lovely meal. A quarter serve of Mongolian lamb, chicken with oyster sauce and vegetables, Thai green curry with chicken and 2 small pieces of honey chicken. I chose to not pair with rice and found that I was able to eat so much more. Heheh. Also splurged on dessert and had some banana fritters with vanilla ice cream. Yum!

Breakdowns for Thursday:
    Calories: 1345
    Carbs: 125g
    Fat: 40g
    Protein: 105g
    Sugar: 35g

Since beginning Primal:

Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast