Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: My Primal Journal - his_chick page 16

his_chick is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Friday Funday!
    Breakfast: egg, silverbeet, tomato, ham.
    Lunch: HUGE mixed salad (celery, red capsicum, carrot, BBQ chicken, egg, sundried tomato, roma tomato) and a smoothie made with mixed berries, 4 almonds and almond milk.

Had my roster day today, cleaned the house, went looking a tiles for our new bathroom and got my hair cut so I'm feeling really good and happy. Hope it continues. Happy Queens Bday long weekend everyone!
    Went Primal on 1st April 2012

Since beginning Primal:
    - The stomach cramps I'd been having have vanished.
    - People comment that my skin is glowing.
    - I enjoy getting out of bed (most of the time)
    - I'm so excited by food.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread52255.html

lucy1984 is offline Senior Member
    Doing anything for the long weekend?

Yep! My sister in law, her husband and her two children are coming down from the far north coast of NSW so i'm hoping to spend lots of time with them. My other SIL is currently in labour so that's super exciting too! I've got boot camp in the morning and then we'll also go looking at cars too in the lead up to replacing my little red car that has been on its way out for several years. "D Lots the look forward to thats for sure!

Dinner tonight was yummy! Went out with my husband to a local leagues club and had a t-bone with veges. Really really nice.

Breakdown:
    1462 calories
    Carbs: 92g
    Fat: 62g
    Protein: 86g
    Sugar: 52g
    Exercise: Expected to do something, but other than cleaning the house and walking about 10 mins to the hairdressers I didn't do anyhting structured.
    Looking forward to a weekend full of good food, family and fun so here's hoping you do too!

Since beginning Primal:

Super Saturday!
    Burnt 570 calories at booty this morning! That's the most I've done in one session in ages. It was a really good feeling and even tho I wanted to go harder and faster my body just wasn't moving like I wanted it to. May hafta make sure I stretch out my muscles after a run, I'm pretty lazy on the whole stretching thing.

Spent the entire rest of the day at my inlaws playing with my niece and nephew.
    Didn't track my food but as far as I remember:
    Breakfast and lunch: braised beef stew with carrots and sweet potato.
    Afternoon tea: big mixed fruit platter and a few squares of chocolate.
    Dinner: egg, pumpkin, silverbeet, tomato in the microwave.
    Happy day but I was hurting after all that fruit, my belly reaallllly doesn't like lots of fruit.
    Last edited by his_chick; 06-09-2012 at 09:42 PM.

Since beginning Primal:

lucy1984 is offline Senior Member
    Nice workout - I haven't done an intense one like that in a long time. Sounds like boot camp is good at making you work hard! Sounds like you had a good weekend...my tummy is off at the moment too, I don't know if it's fruit, or increased sensitivity after going off the rails. Thinking of picking up some pro-biotics...

Probiotics are good I've heard, and yogurt definitely kicks starts my body back into regularity. Hehe. Eww.

I have had THE BEST long weekend. Loving everything about it!
    Spent the majority of my time relaxing with family and enjoying having visitors.
    Sunday morning I went for a 10km run with my pt and a friend. Really beautiful morning and completed with probably only 1.5km worth of walking. I have hurt my foot a little so hoping I haven't overdone it too soon.

Breakfast: beef and vege casserole with an egg.
    Morning tea: black tea and a little fruit.
    Lunch was the same as breakfast minus the egg.
    Afternoon Tea: more black tea and more fruit.
    Dinner was a takeaway works burger minus the bun, a piece of battered cocktail fish and a dozen or so hot chips.
    Dessert: a little custard and an apple.
    I paid for the custard and the fried food pretty much straight away. Didn't miss me either. Eww. Sorry.

Had a really good day, my hubby and I test drove a new car that we are rationalising whether we can afford. Really hope to get it but it is bout $5000 above what we are really able to spend. Eeekk!

Since beginning Primal:

Monday!
    Has been another happy day, it's our Queens birthday public holiday so made even better. Family have been coming and going so spent another day hanging around the MIL's spending time with all.

Breakfast: egg with broccoli and pumpkin.
    Morning Tea/ Lunch/ Afternoon tea: was really just lots of picking from little bits here and there. Some pumpkin, sundried tomatoes, spinach leaves, and then nibbled on makings for what was going to be dinner. Made a beef casserole all ready to be eaten but then got invited to a cousins house for a baked dinner so my casserole will turn into lunches for the next few days. No complaints for free food!
    Dinner: roast chicken and lamb, roast sweet potato and pumpkin, cauliflower and some carrots. Carb heavy on the veges I realise.
    Dessert: a little vanilla yogurt, stewed peaches and 1/2 stewed pear and a small amount of jelly.

You might have noticed I have stopped tracking my intake on weekends and holidays. For the last few weeks I've tried to relax my outlook on weekends and I've actually found it quite freeing. I don't feel so pressured to perform or live up to my self imposed strictness and it has definitely helped me to be more level emotionally.

Also not so concerned about staying VLC. I haven't seen any weight changes positive or negative with it and I was also struggling to maintain my enthusiasm about my choices. Having relaxed a little I still feel like I'm huge weight wise and feel very bloated but this may also be more a result of not drinking enough water and eating more salty foods such as ham and bacon. I love my bacon but definitely recognised that I was more bloated the past few days after eating more fruit and pork based products.

Goals for this week:
    - Try to get through the week as emotionally content as I am right now.
    - Enjoy my food choices within my <1200 cal threshold.
    - Drink more water.
    - Complement the people I work with more.

A question/ statement: I went on a website that evaluated my weight using my height vs weight and it said that my minimum calorie requirements are 1833 cals/day. It was an American site and without wanting to sound stupid, are American calories different to Australian calories because if I'm not losing weight at 1200 cals how could it be possible to not put weight on a 1833?

Since beginning Primal:

primalmontana is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by his_chick View Post
    Monday!
    A question/ statement: I went on a website that evaluated my weight using my height vs weight and it said that my minimum calorie requirements are 1833 cals/day. It was an American site and without wanting to sound stupid, are American calories different to Australian calories because if I'm not losing weight at 1200 cals how could it be possible to not put weight on a 1833?
    Nope, calories are the same no matter what nationality. A couple thing may be happening. First, those calculations are just an estimate based on your height, weight, age. It does not take into account hormones or metabolism. Second, are you looking at your weekly average calorie intake or just day to day. Sometimes we stay at say 1200 for 5 days then 2 days higher, this would drive the weekly average up. 1800 actually sounds about right. We are about the same size and that is where I sit as well. Maybe you will find losing weight easier if you increase calories a bit? I keep around 1500 and fund that a comfortable number.

I suppose that makes sense. I hadn't thought that I would have put it out that far to bring the average up that far but I probably have. Thanks for the reply.

Since beginning Primal:

Tuesday Fallout.
    Tuesday wasn't the best day. Was really slow at work and then there were the chocolate temptations. A meh moment. Also had boot camp where I weighed in heavier again. Pretty disappointed.

Breakfast: a banana, raced out of the house and didn't have a chance to make anything better.
    Morning Tea: can of tomato and onion tuna, celery sticks, 1/2 tomato and a 1/4 of a red capsicum.
    Lunch: a serve of beef and vegetable chunky soup with some pumpkin pieces.
    Dinner: more beef and vege soup this time with some celery sticks.
    Snacks: 2 Caramel filled Cadbury squares and 3 Tasmanian chocolate truffles. They were amazing. Also 2 mugs of black tea.

Breakdown:
    860 calories
    295g carbs! Not quite sure how 41g of chocolate can add up to 225g of carbs but ooops!
    30g fat
    67g protein.
    :|

Since beginning Primal:

Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast