Thread: coconut intolerance? page

Rattybag is offline Senior Member

coconut intolerance?

Primal Fuel
    I recently developed a coconut products intolerance after adding it to my diet since going paleo. I was fine for 2 months then started to get very tired and weak muscled.
    I stopped the coconut and I recovered.
    Why would this happen when it wasnt a problem before? I have no doubt that after a break of a few weeks, I will be able to consume it again. (Ive found this to be the case in other things in the past.)

The coconut Ive been having, the oil, meat and milk have been the best quality I can get so why does this happen?
    Any ideas?
    I'm not a complete idiot! There's parts missing!!

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    If you haven't done so already, I recommend you try reintroducing the oil only. You may find that you can tolerate that but not the meat and milk.

What are your reasons for wanting to eat these coconut products?
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Rattybag is offline Senior Member
    [QUOTE=paleo-bunny;777547 What are your reasons for wanting to eat these coconut products?[/QUOTE]

Why would I not? Its very healthy stuff! And I LOVE the taste!
    I'm not a complete idiot! There's parts missing!!

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rattybag View Post
    Why would I not? Its very healthy stuff! And I LOVE the taste!
    Those are sane reasons!
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    Coconut is a warm climate food and you could have genes that are from a colder climate. Coconut gives me a headache, do not tolerate well mostly.