Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Can I really get a corner of paleo paradise? page 5

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Hi Edith!

Folks with Marfan MUST be careful. Marfan people have cardiac issues, specifically, they can damage their hearts much more easily. So if you think you have Marfan, DO take it gently!

And, yes, gentle exercise will do much. You may not get to look like Xena next week on a gentle exercise program, but moving the buns more but gently IS the foundation of Mark's fitness pyramid. You might also look into how gentle exercise has a very positive effect on the lymph system... you'll be happy with what you read...!

Re "Serious Exercise Programs" - screw them. You and I don't need them for right now. And Mark rails against them as well. There are folks here who are serious lifters and the like, but that is not us. At least not right now. Hell yeah, we both would seriously injure ourselves if we tried that crap. There is one of Mark's "laws" and it is AVOID TRAUMA. The more I live this Primal lifestyle, the smarter the man gets. You just keep on moving. There are more, finer things at work in your body that take longer to manifest, but are absolutely vital. The idea that something HAS to be Serious. Hurting. Stuff. is Conventional Wisom crap.

That strange more-energetic-but-fatigued thing is very familiar to me. The more I fat-adapt, the better it gets. I think I am at the point where I am more on the energy side and less on the fatigue side now.

KEEP IT UP! YOU ARE DOING GREAT!

entwyf is offline Senior Member
    Hi, Crabbcakes,

Thanks for encouragement.

I do think I have Marfan syndrome. My doctor years ago said she thought I had it, and an echocardiogram confirmed that I have a mitral valve prolapse, one of the signs. I certainly don't look like someone with a serious case. But in addition to the mitral valve thing, I am tall, I have bad eyesight, a high dental arch, and I can bend my thumb down to touch my arm (hyperflexible joints).

In some ways, it's got a good side. I have had falls over the years that should have resulted in sprains or tears, but they just haven't.

Xena is not my thing, but I do want to do exercise that is effective, that essentially will allow me to lose my hanging belly, regain a waistline, and ditch my fat clothes. I know it will take time. I read somewhere that, for people who have been enslaved for a long time to SAD and conventional diet advice, seeing real results from good nutrition and exercise can take three years or more. (Sigh.) So, on we go.

Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    Hi Edith!

Folks with Marfan MUST be careful. Marfan people have cardiac issues, specifically, they can damage their hearts much more easily. So if you think you have Marfan, DO take it gently!

And, yes, gentle exercise will do much. You may not get to look like Xena next week on a gentle exercise program, but moving the buns more but gently IS the foundation of Mark's fitness pyramid. You might also look into how gentle exercise has a very positive effect on the lymph system... you'll be happy with what you read...!

Re "Serious Exercise Programs" - screw them. You and I don't need them for right now. And Mark rails against them as well. There are folks here who are serious lifters and the like, but that is not us. At least not right now. Hell yeah, we both would seriously injure ourselves if we tried that crap. There is one of Mark's "laws" and it is AVOID TRAUMA. The more I live this Primal lifestyle, the smarter the man gets. You just keep on moving. There are more, finer things at work in your body that take longer to manifest, but are absolutely vital. The idea that something HAS to be Serious. Hurting. Stuff. is Conventional Wisom crap.

That strange more-energetic-but-fatigued thing is very familiar to me. The more I fat-adapt, the better it gets. I think I am at the point where I am more on the energy side and less on the fatigue side now.

KEEP IT UP! YOU ARE DOING GREAT!

entwyf is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    smedith.jpg

For a better picture, literally, of what I'm dealing with, this is me yesterday morning at 233 pounds. I am now doing somewhere between ten and twenty minutes a day of very gentle exercise. Today, I am offically serious about the food part of Primal. I started a journal. Hope those who have been so encouraging here will take a look at that on occasion. I really, really do appreciate the support I've been given here.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345